Seth Robert's Anabolic Pharmocology

B

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
Who's read this book? I just ordered a copy, I'm very excited to read it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
books INFUC KINGSANE

love it great read very informative!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
books INFUC KINGSANE

love it great read very informative!
Same I read through it some EVERY DAY almost. And when I hit up the pooper, I take it and study and try to memorize differant molecules during throne time... no joke.

Its an amazing book that will really really widen your understanding of anabolics and everything associated with them. If anything I think anyone who wants to use PH/DS/AAS should go through this book first.

You gor yourself a good book that you will love for a long tim. And probably always keep out so you can just grab and flip through for fun as well. Amazing book. Hands down. Ordering it was a great thing!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i must say it is missing a few things

but it also overlaps a lot with anabolics 2009

but theres also insane uncomparable information that the other books dont posess that this one does.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i must say it is missing a few things

but it also overlaps a lot with anabolics 2009

but theres also insane uncomparable information that the other books dont posess that this one does.
Would you recommend also picking up anabolics 2009 then? The more info the better we can cycle, and the more helpwe are to those in need on here.

Seth Roberts book really puts it in understandable terms, and explains it. There aint a person around who cant pick it up...well some people are stupid, but most people can pick it up and really grasp his way of writing. Thats what I like. he isnt being fancy, he is being real and put it out towards a proper target crowd. I snatched up a virtual copy of VIDA awhile back and was like wtf?!?!?!?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
seths book covers everything in anabolics 2009 and then some

i was just stating theres overlap between the 2

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Crazy what do you think it is missing?

I love the book and have skimmed trhough it once and need to do so again. I reall loved how it breaks everything down science wise before getting to the profiles, I think that is the real invaluable information. Actual basica science that people can read and get all the simple answers that come up so often. It gets very in depth and I like everyhting cited and back with science with very little opinion in it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Crazy what do you think it is missing?

I love the book and have skimmed trhough it once and need to do so again. I reall loved how it breaks everything down science wise before getting to the profiles, I think that is the real invaluable information. Actual basica science that people can read and get all the simple answers that come up so often. It gets very in depth and I like everyhting cited and back with science with very little opinion in it.
some aromatase inhibitors (6-bromo specifically which has a lot of controversy surrounding it)

as well as possible gyno treatments to lower then blun and then stop aromatase from formin further,

lacks informoation onf glucose pathways that i feel are activated via certain steroids like PPLEX, methyl masteron, furaguno and adrenosterone

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough. I think the glucose pathways (you mean like GLUT transporters or others?) are not super well known and may have been why he left them out. You never know. Takes time to write a book so hard to get it all perfect in a good time frame.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. I think the glucose pathways (you mean like GLUT transporters or others?) are not super well known and may have been why he left them out. You never know. Takes time to write a book so hard to get it all perfect in a good time frame.
well yea but he has the PPAR pathways in there,

and out of the 8 or 10 glucose transporters 5 are well known. and GLUT1 and 4 are both very important and can be activated via certain methods (nutrient partitioners) and exercise.

and in terms of the supercompensation we get from certain anabolics as well as the "flat" feeling we get from others (adrenosterone) there is definetly some research behind.

B

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
sounds like some really good reviews, can't wait to read it

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
well yea but he has the PPAR pathways in there,

and out of the 8 or 10 glucose transporters 5 are well known. and GLUT1 and 4 are both very important and can be activated via certain methods (nutrient partitioners) and exercise.

and in terms of the supercompensation we get from certain anabolics as well as the "flat" feeling we get from others (adrenosterone) there is definetly some research behind.
Thanks for the positive reviews and constructive criticsm.
PPARS were included minimally since they are a member of the nuclear hormone receptor family. The book is not perfect and there are definitely some areas that i would like to expand and others where I would like to go much deeper.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well u write it I buy it bro simple as that

Always seeking the info

But let's settele the dr d pa argument with 6 bromo in ur eyes...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Great book, a must have for anyone involved or wanting to learn about these topics.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Always seeking the info

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the positive reviews and constructive criticsm.
PPARS were included minimally since they are a member of the nuclear hormone receptor family. The book is not perfect and there are definitely some areas that i would like to expand and others where I would like to go much deeper.

Always seeking the info

Yes, can we expect a V2?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Yes, can we expect a V2?
I am kind of torn on a V2 for two reasons 1) Don't want to screw over people who have bought the book 2) not sure i have the time.

So, If I do a V2 it would have to have enough new information so that people who bought the book do not feel like they are getting the shaft.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established

Always seeking the info

The argument that I am aware of is that PA thinks 6-bromo may have some anabolic/androgenic activity. Was there more to it than that? Just want to make sure I have the facts before i comment -- i don't follow the supps section on any boards regularly.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
arguement was that just like FORM it can convert to bromotest and thus cause shutdown

however D stated that the steric strain of the molecule would inhibit that from happening because its just too bulky.

then there was the mix of a and b isomers the more potent one having more of the possibility for shutdown then the less potent beta isomer.
to put it simple.

you wouldnt be screwing anyone over who bought the first book, im sure they would be creaming their pants if a V2 came out. i would be, but im also a little mentally unstabe ... :)

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
arguement was that just like FORM it can convert to bromotest and thus cause shutdown

however D stated that the steric strain of the molecule would inhibit that from happening because its just too bulky.

then there was the mix of a and b isomers the more potent one having more of the possibility for shutdown then the less potent beta isomer.
to put it simple.

you wouldnt be screwing anyone over who bought the first book, im sure they would be creaming their pants if a V2 came out. i would be, but im also a little mentally unstabe ... :)
There is no evidence so this will only be my opinion :the alpha isomer is likely to have some anabolic/androgenic activity without converting. Also, I think it is likely that there is some conversion to bromotest. Would either of these fators be enough to cause suppression in the face of the aromatase inhibition, I don't know but i lean towards minimal suppression.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always though of 6bromo similar to aromasin in its action. Both brominated and pssible androgenic effects at high dose

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I always though of 6bromo similar to aromasin in its action. Both brominated and pssible androgenic effects at high dose
I think you might be mistaken. Aromasin is not brominated :). But it is 6-substituted.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am kind of torn on a V2 for two reasons 1) Don't want to screw over people who have bought the book 2) not sure i have the time.

So, If I do a V2 it would have to have enough new information so that people who bought the book do not feel like they are getting the shaft.
If you had time I would rather not see the same book V2 like some series that updates a little bit and sells it as a brand new book.

This may be a stretch but I would buy up another book that looked at maybe more exotic things and more in depth with peptides, GH, insulin, etc etc. Like beyond steroids or something. Could add in some little steroid stuff there as well that may have not made it into the first.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes!!! Peptides please I need to learn mor about those.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Great book Seth. Always enlightening to get a different perspective on things, while updating the science. Keep up the good work and an occasional supplement i.e. newsletter or journal/blog would be exciting and appreciated. I would pay for a subscription.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Admittedly the peptide section is one area that I would like to greatly expand -- really could be it's own book. My biggest problem right now is time. None of this stuff is my full-time job -- more of a hobby, so i have to squeeze stuff in where i can. Cord's idea of a newsletter is actually a great one becuase I could break up the work over time.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admittedly the peptide section is one area that I would like to greatly expand -- really could be it's own book. My biggest problem right now is time. None of this stuff is my full-time job -- more of a hobby, so i have to squeeze stuff in where i can. Cord's idea of a newsletter is actually a great one becuase I could break up the work over time.
I am in favor of that as well. I like having things to look at and read article wise and thigns could be up to date.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I am in favor of that as well. I like having things to look at and read article wise and thigns could be up to date.
If there was enough interest, i would definitely consider doing it -- always hard to gauge though.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm down for news letter we can subsribe via email and pay monthly and it can be sent out once a week or bimonthly

B

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
I just received my book yesterday, read the first 100 pages, and wow. So much information, to be honest some of it was over my head, but im starting to get to the good stuff. good work seth.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I just received my book yesterday, read the first 100 pages, and wow. So much information, to be honest some of it was over my head, but im starting to get to the good stuff. good work seth.
100 pages in a day, dayum. I love the book but wow hahah :bling: