Site is a little warm

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
One of the sites that I pinned in (my tricep) has gotten a little red and a little warm to the touch. At what point do I get worried and go to the hospital? There is no lump but it does feel a little swollen. It was the first time I have ever used that spot as an injection site.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
stick to delts, quads and glutes. i cant imagine doing traps, calves or tris...ouch.

as long as it doesnt get red and ur not running a fever then ur fine.

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
if its not an abscess, then ice it, that should help.

Da OG Hulk

Awards
quick question.. sorry i am doing this on here i jsut cant figure it out.. but how do i post a new thread?

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
select a Forum in which your question/thoughts belongs, on the top left hand corner of that Forum click: + New Topic.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok well post a picture of it.... ive had a few minor infections from a injection.

usually happens all on the same glute, first time went away on its own 10 days

second time went to the doc bc it was worse... levaquin 750 for 3 days

3rd time i self medicated with doxycycline 200mg per day for 7 days then 100mg for 3 days and i was good.

post up a pic we can help better

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I would doubt that the gear was not sterile. I have been using the same gear out of the same vial for 2 weeks now. Maybe just a bad site to hit. My arm has no lump or bump. Just a little puffy/swollen, red, and a little warm.
But there is a photo of my arm.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i used the same gear,,

do you have fever?

first time using tri as a site?

my advice with how it looks is doctor bro. tell him off the record, see if he can give u samples of levaquin does the job quick.

is the site tight is u bend your arm and painful to the touch?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I dont feel like I have fever. I feel fine. But the site is sore as I bend but all my injections do that regardless where I pin. And ya it is painful if I press on it but not if I just touch it.

and yes it is the first time I used my tri. And probably the last

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmm how long ago was the shot? and how long til it appeared red?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How many ml's did you pin there? What size pin did you use?

I have similar reaction every time i have hit my tri's, and it goes away.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
hmmm how long ago was the shot? and how long til it appeared red?
two days ago. It got a little red yesterday but today got red like you saw in the picture

How many ml's did you pin there? What size pin did you use?

I have similar reaction every time i have hit my tri's, and it goes away.
I pinned 1ml of test prop .I used a 25G 5/8"

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Werd. Probably just an irritation. It has happened to me every time i have pinned tri's. If you are going to do that again, try doing .5 into each one.

I don't make a habit of pinning places like tri/bi/etc, but sometimes i just like to switch it up..lol

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Werd. Probably just an irritation. It has happened to me every time i have pinned tri's. If you are going to do that again, try doing .5 into each one.

I don't make a habit of pinning places like tri/bi/etc, but sometimes i just like to switch it up..lol
ya that for sure was my last time ever hitting my tricep. apperantly not the best idea.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if it still looks like that by monday hit up the doc keep an eye on fever ect

MedicineMan

Awards
I would get that treated. You should play it safe and get an antibiotic like bactrim. From the picture it looks like you have a cellulitis.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Amoxicillian or levaquin are reallllly good. However I'm allergic to penicilan so levaquin and doxy do it for me

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
best play safe and get it looked at by a doc. more than likely it will go away in a couple of days. ive had a few bad infections, doc always told me to ice it and take anti imflammatories and antibiotics. You might have started to push the juice in prematurely perhaps? not going in deep enough in the muscle tissue and pushed it fast? prop stings and personally i wouldnt do it in the tri's. gd luck!

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
so when I go to the doctor should I just come out and say that I got it at shutting steroids?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
so I went to the ER last night and had them look at it. They said it was definilty infected and so they drained it gave me two scrips for antibiotics. Took forever. And when they drained it it hurt like hell.
I just straight up told them I got it from a self injection of testosterone. The doctor was kind of a ****. She first asked if it was prescription. I said no. She asked where I got it. I replied that it was not a prescription.
She said,"ya but where did you get it". I replied,"is this pertinent info for me to get this treated? Look its not a prescription or from a major lab. Thats all you need to know about it"
She was like I am just trying to get you to see that this can be serious. I told her I understand that I am not looking for a social or moral lecture. I am just asking to be treated here.

DirtyElbierto

Awards
Tell us some sweet details about the drainage !!!! how many ccs did she drain out ? was it thick ***** stuff ? white yellow brown clear thick soupy ?
Epic !

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
man honestly she did not get much out. She got very little out. It has pretty much gone all the way down over the past few days.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
okay...i havent been around here much lately, i missed this in the beginning but im glad to hear you got it taken care of faceman....my only question is....why in the world did you pin your tricep in the first place?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
okay...i havent been around here much lately, i missed this in the beginning but im glad to hear you got it taken care of faceman....my only question is....why in the world did you pin your tricep in the first place?
because apperantly I am a ****ing retard. Could you not tell that from this thread?
Na I have a friend that pins in his tri's and bi's all the time. So I figured no problem. Well there was a problem. For SURE!

A little update:
The swelling has completely gone down. I have been able to lift my for the past 3 days. Today I actually lifted my tri's and had no issues. So i am back in full force.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
ya you and me both. I had the final follow up visit with my pcp. She has actually been very cool about it. The only thing she ever said was, "well you know we have to say we dont recommend you....." and then shrugged her shoulders as I said "I know I know."
She has been very helpful and nice about it. The doctor at the hospital was a ****

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Well I can guarantee you that was not fun. But I recovered pretty fast after I got on the antibiotics. Lesson learned on that one.