Does running a lower dose of test really decrease chances of gyno?

LiftedSierra

Awards
I've read it in a few areas but I'd like to see a majority say yes or no to this question.

Running 300-400mg a week instead of 500mg for a first time cycle will it reduce the chances of gyno and other sides?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
reduce chances? doubtful, whether its 200mg a week or 500mg ur still messing with ur hormones, u might as well get something out of it and run 500mg.

run arimidex or aromasin on cycle and gyno should not be a problem

Marc-Antony

Awards
I would have to say yes. Aromatase activity increases with testosterone level.

samadhismiles

Awards
definitely will ime. I upped my test dose from 400 to 500 and thats when I needed to introduce an AI to combat a bit of nipple bloat.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
more test -> more aromatizes to estrogen -> estrogen induced gyno. It's a definite yes as far as I know, and from what i've read where people will get sensitive nips as they increase their test dose.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
run an ai or a low dose of nolva on cycle and take an effective dose of test....no reason to cut short your gains because your afraid of getting gyno.....just take the proper precautions

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get puffy nips around 2 grams per week, anything less and I get nothing.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Hey Heavy,
I've heard it repeated in the BBing community, that one has to dose higher and higher to continue gaining and then can't drop to a lower dose and see gains. But it would be great to get your feedback as a BBer who's experienced both higher/lower doses to compare.

For example, would you say there were much greater gains on 2 grams/week than with say, 750mg/week?

Thanks for the info!
Cheers,
Brenn

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Is the likelihood greater than you will develop gyno as the levels of test increase? I would say so...However, as others have pointed out, running a cycle of higher dose test with little fear of gyno, can certainly be accomplished by using proper ancillaries.

holy

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Heavy,
I've heard it repeated in the BBing community, that one has to dose higher and higher to continue gaining and then can't drop to a lower dose and see gains. But it would be great to get your feedback as a BBer who's experienced both higher/lower doses to compare.

For example, would you say there were much greater gains on 2 grams/week than with say, 750mg/week?

Thanks for the info!
Cheers,
Brenn
Well, Thats a complicated question. It has a lot to do with timing in my opinion. Most gains diminish around week 8-9 unless you increase the dose and then you can push gains for about another 4 weeks. I frequently do pyramiding cycles for this reason. Your body is fighting for homeostasis and it increases myostatin levels to blunt growth however the myostatin levels will return to baseline at week 20 so if you do a cycle anywhere from 9-19 weeks you will need to push dose but if you run 9 week cycles or plus 20 week cycles you can grow on a resonable dose. 600mg per week for the long term is very good.

For me personally 1250mg per week is where I hit a point of diminishing returns. Sides increase and performance does not get much higher when exceeding that for me.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Now, that's a great response, Heavy, thanks!
I'd heard that myostatin peaks around week 8, but not that it returns to baseline at 20!
Interesting news.

So as myostatin returns to baseline, you are pyramiding back down to your week 1 or 2 dose then? Interesting idea!

Thanks for the info, mate!

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now, that's a great response, Heavy, thanks!
I'd heard that myostatin peaks around week 8, but not that it returns to baseline at 20!
Interesting news.

So as myostatin returns to baseline, you are pyramiding back down to your week 1 or 2 dose then? Interesting idea!

Thanks for the info, mate!
Well, if you run a 9 week cycle or a 20 plus week cycle there is no need to ramp the dose just run whatever you can handle. Obviously you need blood work if you go more than 4 months. The thing to look for on blood work is RBC's, Hemocrit, Hemoglobin and Lipids. I get a full panel but these are the ones that you see the most variance. Giving blood and a clean diet will take care of these markers in most cases.
If I were to run a 12 week cycle I would start pyramiding up around week 7 by an additional 200mg per week.

LiftedSierra

Awards
Well my $hit is on its way. Im going to dose 250mg every 3.5 days as any other beginner would do.