Legality questions.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
I just want to start by saying i read through all the rules again and dont believe this is against any...

I was curious if anyone knew how the laws worked in regards to getting gear shipped through the mail. From what I have read, Customs just confiscates the packages, thats it. I just cant believe there are no legal ramifications to the person that the gear is going to.

another thing i dont understand is why some people get PO boxes to have the gear shipped to. When I looked into getting one, they still need name, address and credit card to get a box. therefore if there are legal ramifications it all could still be tracked back to you.

anyone have any legal insight on the topic?

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This may or may not be true, but i saw that on another forum something like this was posted saying that if there was to be a setup where it was some type of sting, they would wait until you opened the door and signed for the package. At this point they would come in and arrest you but this was only in cases where there were massive amounts of gear being shipped and most likely sold. They wouldn't go through that trouble for a couple of vials of test.

I've seen people say they get a po box because you can pick it up anytime you want, and no one is going to have a cop wait outside the post office for days or even up to a week for you to claim your package. It would be too expensive. I don't know if this is the real reason why but it makes sense to me and i'm curious as well.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
i'm curious as well.
Good, I was pretty sure I was going to get flammed to hell for this. But the curiousity has been building for a while and after Hours of googling the **** out of the subject I cracked...

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good, I was pretty sure I was going to get flammed to hell for this. But the curiousity has been building for a while and after Hours of googling the **** out of the subject I cracked...
Yeah i've searched this stuff many times too. Truth is i'd probably start a test cycle or something but I don't have a source I can trust and don't want to just order gear online from a junk website. I guess its a good thing in a way but I have been using PH's which are pretty harsh anyways.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
im sort of on the other end of the spectrum. I know of half a dozen great sites online I just want to know all the legalities before I bite... I dont want a felony on my record at age 24...

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im sort of on the other end of the spectrum. I know of half a dozen great sites online I just want to know all the legalities before I bite... I dont want a felony on my record at age 24...
Sites you know of that are def legit stuff, and you know first hand from people you know? My main concern is what's going into me but the legality issue is still there I just don't see the govt spending money to bust a kid on a couple vials of gear and you would think you would hear more of that happening from people around these forums.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Sites you know of that are def legit stuff, and you know first hand from people you know? My main concern is what's going into me but the legality issue is still there I just don't see the govt spending money to bust a kid on a couple vials of gear and you would think you would hear more of that happening from people around these forums.
You ever see how many peeps get busted for having a dime bag of weed? It is in no way worth the paperwork, money, processing, etc to bust someone for that lil bit of weed... They still do so....

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ever see how many peeps get busted for having a dime bag of weed? It is in no way worth the paperwork, money, processing, etc to bust someone for that lil bit of weed... They still do so....
I get what you're saying about the whole cost thing and they don't care about that, but that analogy was completely off. You often see kids getting busted for having it but no one stakes out a house for days or even hours with the tip of a kid having a dime bag of weed.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
the packages are usually stopped at customs if they do not make it through and you will be sent a seizure letter which will say you have the option of coming to try and pick them up. however,

this is a true story. when i was a sophomore in high school, my uncle was arrested for ordering gear over the internet. the shipment was a set up, and the delivery man was an undercover agent. he signed for the package, and then an hour later the cops that he worked with came and arrested him(yes he was on the force at the time). i remember it very well because i was called out of class when it happened by my football coach asking me about it, and this was the first time i was hearing about it. from then on i was accused of using throughout high school by classmates just because i was bigger and stronger than everyone else in my grade and stronger than almost everybody in school.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear that happened. I guess it is true that people get po boxes because of that. I've seen that situation happen a few times on cop shows too. I don't get why customs will give you the choice of going to retrieve the package. If you and them both know its illegal why would anyone go try to pick it up.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
from what im reading online, any reputable, if you can say that, place online to get gear WILL NOT require a sig. From what I understand the sig is admitting guilt. If your gear ever reguires a sig you tell them you dont know where the package came from and you write it off as a loss. if you dont sign for it you can claim you have no idea where it came from or who it came from.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys my advise is if you are going to start down this road pick up Rick Collins book "Legal Muscle" I think it is like $30.00 or it may be less but it is money well spent. He is an attorney speacializing in steroid cases. A good guy. I had a phone consult with him one time regarding a friend.....I dont do any criminal law but wanted to point my friend in the right direction.....he was quite professional and helpful.

Mr.50

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
yeah def. i am opening a PO box very soon...and there are plenty of sources that do not require a signature..especially domestic sources that dont.

samadhismiles

Awards
there's a lot better options out there if you stop a minute and think about it. Especially if your delivery does not require a sig. Hint hint.

PO box is the worst possible idea you could come up with unless you have a full set of fake IDs. They require usually proof of residence and of course they have your name and DL ID #. They will pop you easily if they intercept scheduled drugs.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
PO box is the worst possible idea you could come up with unless you have a full set of fake IDs. They require usually proof of residence and of course they have your name and DL ID #. They will pop you easily if they intercept scheduled drugs.
not if u use a domestic source..like i do...which never gets intercepted cuz the packaging is awesome and frankly anything that goes through the US Postal system..they can give two shits about..literally..i know guys that ship cocaine and heroine cross country.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
there's a lot better options out there if you stop a minute and think about it. Especially if your delivery does not require a sig. Hint hint.

just buddy up to the delivery guy who does your area for specified service...

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
I know someone who got a 180ct of accutane international with no signature.

samadhismiles

Awards
I've never heard of an international pack that didn't require a signature, hence the topic of this thread.
well then you don't have a good source then. You can definitely get a package delivered through special services without a sig.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
well then you don't have a good source then. You can definitely get a package delivered through special services without a sig.
x2...plenty of international guys who do not require a signature

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
the packages are usually stopped at customs if they do not make it through and you will be sent a seizure letter which will say you have the option of coming to try and pick them up. however,

this is a true story. when i was a sophomore in high school, my uncle was arrested for ordering gear over the internet. the shipment was a set up, and the delivery man was an undercover agent. he signed for the package, and then an hour later the cops that he worked with came and arrested him(yes he was on the force at the time). i remember it very well because i was called out of class when it happened by my football coach asking me about it, and this was the first time i was hearing about it. from then on i was accused of using throughout high school by classmates just because i was bigger and stronger than everyone else in my grade and stronger than almost everybody in school.
To the OP and anyone else who thinks this isnt serious:

Read what bigpapa posted again. This has/does happen all the time, exactly as bigpapa described, I cant stress that enough! It is such a bad bad idea, you run the risk of a boatload of legal trouble, customs, dea and local pd will have a field day with you. If you think Im overstating the dangers, then you just havent read or heard about some of the horror stories that I have, and it really can ruin your life, you will be facing a felony arrest, criminal record and possibly jail time if you get caught. I really urge you to find a different way.

samadhismiles

Awards
no not from China.

I do not think we should talk openly about countries that ship steroids.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Yeah? and other countries don't?
yeah. china bought 85% of America's debt. we r in debt up past our eyeballs with them. there was something on dateline NBC about if three corporations in china decided to not invest in american debt or drop it all together, our whole infrastructure would collapse. become educated.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
just saying what i heard...
post office needs a reason to open domestic mail (leaking, ticking, etc)
no reason is needed to check international mail
i have a friend as others have stated who ships prescription medicine around the country and has never gotten anything caught or confiscated

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i have a friend as others have stated who ships prescription medicine around the country and has never gotten anything caught or confiscated
this is true. domestic mail is only opened basically under probable cause, thats y i go domestic. international can be reliable, yet u can get ****ed at the same time. it only takes that one customs guy who is having a bad day or just a **** and u get popped.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Domestic is definitely less likely to get snagged, but IF there is an issue, it seems you are MORE likely to get a visit, rather then a letter.

I would say *most* people keeping things in the personal use realm will be OK, but i am sure there are a few un-lucky people who get made an example of.

samadhismiles

Awards
whats personal use realm? 20 or 30 grams of AAS?

I'd say it has more to do with arbitrary facts about LE in your region (ie if they are understaffed, lazy, extremely busy, whatever).

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
I would say *most* people keeping things in the personal use realm will be OK, but i am sure there are a few un-lucky people who get made an example of.
x2...if u r importing basically in bulk, if u get snagged, they r probably going to charge you with a controlled substance with intent to sell. even if it was just for personal use, i do that like i will order enough for 2-3 cycles, they can still pinch u for that.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
from china?
Who said anything about china. The topic is international. I wont order anything from china just due to quality control. If they put lead pain on kids toys, imagine the **** thats in their black market products.

samadhismiles

Awards
^ How do you know who you're ordering from elsewhere is not getting their stuff from China?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That's not how steroids work in law. They don't see a vial of test as a "dime bag" of weed. They'll break it up into usable units, each ml being a usable unit or each tab of D-bol being a usable unit. You'll get dozens and dozens of counts and possible "intent to sell" for what is really nothing more than a simple person stash. The laws severely over-punish steroid use.

Having said all of that, the vast majority of people are able to stay out of trouble with mail order gear.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
^ How do you know who you're ordering from elsewhere is not getting their stuff from China?
They are getting it from China most likely. I don't know where else the powders originate from. At least a few years ago it was all Chinese chem houses doing this to turn a few bucks (they also make the legal hormones). There was talk about a Chinese crackdown, but I think that's probably old news with the Olympics come and gone. Having said that, I've been out of the loop for a while so don't take my word at face value.

Who said anything about china. The topic is international. I wont order anything from china just due to quality control. If they put lead pain on kids toys, imagine the **** thats in their black market products.
Well, then the joke is on you :p At least a few years ago, essentially all of the powder was out of China where it was produced--legal and illegal.

whats personal use realm? 20 or 30 grams of AAS?

I'd say it has more to do with arbitrary facts about LE in your region (ie if they are understaffed, lazy, extremely busy, whatever).
Personal use in legal terms isn't even enough to finish a small fraction of an actual real cycle.

samadhismiles

Awards
yes, my point exactly, most of the european sellers and US sellers are reshippers. Direct from China, bro!

That goes for peptides and AAS (and benzo powders but thats offtopic).

callaway

Awards
How come nobody is addressing the issue of what can happen if domestic sources get busted? Isn't there a risk of the domestic sources' computers getting seized, which in turn your purchase info can be extracted?

I could be wrong, but I thought this happend with operation raw deal?

C_

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
How come nobody is addressing the issue of what can happen if domestic sources get busted? Isn't there a risk of the domestic sources' computers getting seized, which in turn your purchase info can be extracted?

I could be wrong, but I thought this happend with operation raw deal?

C_
Good points, although I cant remember if we are or arent allowed to talk about rawdeal, but I think the OPs posting led everyone down the discussion because of his use of the word "customs" in the original question. Still though good point.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good point. That does happen. Sources get busted and for some reason a lot of the idiot sources keep your information on their computers!!!

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
I know the raws come in bulk from china for most of the cheaper stuff. Some of the european sites do independant testing and show the results though. Its not like i'm going to be able to send out a gram of test powder to the lab for testing anytime soon...

I may just be overly pessimistic, but the word of a chinese manufacturer doesnt hold my trust.

In raw deal didnt we all hear about a bunch of normal users getting busted with the information gathered from distributers?

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
from what im reading online, any reputable, if you can say that, place online to get gear WILL NOT require a sig. From what I understand the sig is admitting guilt. If your gear ever reguires a sig you tell them you dont know where the package came from and you write it off as a loss. if you dont sign for it you can claim you have no idea where it came from or who it came from.
this is not true. a very good amount of them DO require sigs because they ship registered airmail. even if they do do a controlled delivery, if your lawyer is good enough it is very easy to get around it. many people sign for any package coming to their home, and you can claim you didnt know what the contents were and you signed for it in ignorance.

dalto

dalto

Awards
Take this for whatever worth you want - This happened to me personally.

I had some gear sent to me internationally via regular mail that did not require signatures. Had a few shipments over about a year, never had to sign a thing.

Then one day the postal worker came to my door with a registered letter addressed to me from Homeland Security. I had to sign for the letter only. The letter was a seizure notice stating that a package containing AAS had been seized by customs and if I wanted to claim the package I needed to provide proof of a legal prescription for the drugs. Or do nothing and they would be destroyed after some period of time.

I contacted some legal help and their advice was to do nothing and stop ordering Sh*t in the mail before I got into serious trouble. Steroids are schedule III controlled substances and are a felony to possess without a prescription. The letter in itself was enough to scare me to death (I'm looking for it - I'll post it if I can find it). I'm still paranoid that someday this is going to come back and bite me in the ass. This has been a few years ago - post 9/11. Customs needs no reason to be able to inspect international packages.

Not trying to tell anyone what to do, just giving my personal experience...

Last edited: