First cycle questions... sorry a little lengthy but cliffs included

lector606

lector606

Awards
Hey

I have been researching and reading about AAS for a long time now, and I'm just doing some research before I take the plunge so to speak. I don't see a reason to complicate anything or go too crazy for my first cycle, but I do have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help me out. Here's what I'm looking at:

1-12 Test E or C 4-500mg/wk
14-18 Nolva 40/30/20/10

I have access to HCG if it's needed.

I am concerned with water retention because I am an athlete and I want to avoid any sudden fluctuations in weight... that and I just don't like retaining excess water in general. For this reason I am contemplating running an AI throughout. I'm aware this can diminish results but that doesn't scare me too much... in terms of a choice of AI I have reliable sources for just about anything at a good price so I was thinking of using aromasin because of its seemingly better safety profile. The only problem is I can only get it in 25mg capsules, which I feel might be too high for my purposes, but I have read that because it has a short half-life it should be dosed ED... can I do 25mg EOD or will this simply be ineffective? I don't think 25mgs ED would be necessary with 400-500mgs of test, would it? I don't quite understand half-lives, and reading around I have seen many different recommendations for dosing protocols of aromasin.

Also, any particular reason that I would not see good gains at 400mg? I want to keep doses low to keep sides low, but if 500mg is going to be appreciably better then I'll run that instead.

Last question, is it worth contemplating another AAS instead of an AI? I'm not in love with the idea of methylated orals (I took Accutane for over a year and I'd prefer to stay away from anything too stressful on the liver) but have been thinking about trying one of the non-methyl "PH"s out there now or another injectable compound... what do you guys think?

Summary:

1st cycle, 3 questions:

1) how should I dose 25mg caps of aromasin with a cycle of 4-500mgs long estered test to keep water down but not lower estrogen excessively?
2) 400mg test OK for me or do I really need that magic 500?
3) worth using something else instead of an AI altogether? if so, what? access to stuff is not a problem but I'd prefer not to run methyls if possible.

Thanks a lot for reading

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
1. most people use adex on cycle.. 25mgs daily wouldnt hurt gains to much, use only if a water retention problem occurs.. watch diet and u should be ok
2. 400mg is fine for a first cycle, you will make great gains... less water retention then with 500mg
3.id go with armidex..

S

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
go for arimidex, better half life, and a favorable reduction in E. not too much, yet not too little.

if you wana add another compound to assist in this... you can look into either proviron (oral), or injectible masteron (drostanolone dipropionate assumingly, as the enanthat ester seems pretty rare and hard to find, although id be nice and convenient for you if you did happen to find it because then you could shoot everything together, 2x a wee, as opposed to the test 2x and the mast EOD or ED. 400mg test e and 300mg mast per week should be a great run. masteron and proviron were developed as breast cancer drugs, and do a decent job at controlling estrogen but are surely not AI's.

another option(s) would be the otc legal versions of winstrol and furazabol, both are identical to their illegal counterparts, minus the methylation and substituted with tetrahydrapropanol ethers instead. the result is better oral bioavailability without the methyl group (as well as a convenient way of creating new compounds unregulated by the FDA. i.e. sweet). both of them are underdosed, especially the furaz, which you would look to dose anywhere from 250-450mg/day. the stuff gets expensive tho. both are very dry, and **** your lipids up nice too, just like their real counterparts do. look for orastan-a and orastan-e clones. winabol, winZtrol, furazadrol, etc....

just giving you all the options you have out there bud. the choice is yours.

K

keys3411

Awards
bro shoot me a PM,i also am an athlete and would advise you to not use inject based aas yet....prohormones will give you comparable results as first cycles and you will maintain most of your gains

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
bro shoot me a PM,i also am an athlete and would advise you to not use inject based aas yet....prohormones will give you comparable results as first cycles and you will maintain most of your gains
Are you being serious?:frustrate

K

keys3411

Awards
yeah for what hes looking for.....why would you jump into something your not ready for....you dont do tren and anadrol your first cycle so why not warm up to it...yes im being serious.your to small to even be doing gear and your gonna neg me?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
yeah for what hes looking for.....why would you jump into something your not ready for....you dont do tren and anadrol your first cycle so why not warm up to it...yes im being serious.your to small to even be doing gear and your gonna neg me?
Noone has said anything about Tren or Anadrol have they? No! We are talking about a moderate dose of testosterone and that only.

Safety-wise the effects of test on the body compared to prohormones are not even close. Also, you can gain 10-15 lbs of lbm on a first cycle if done right and retain all of it. That won't happen with a 4 week cycle of PH's unless you run something very strong, and we are talking about a beginner aren't we? Not to mention its much easier to lose gains on PH cycles, especially for beginners.

And I will ignore the personal attack, not big into e-wars. I am very confident in my body and goals. I am as big as I will ever want to be.

G

gymfreak2

Awards
1. most people use adex on cycle.. 25mgs daily wouldnt hurt gains to much, use only if a water retention problem occurs.. watch diet and u should be ok
2. 400mg is fine for a first cycle, you will make great gains... less water retention then with 500mg
3.id go with armidex..
what dosage of arimidex do u suggest to run? n will it be throughout the cycle? or may be from week 2 or 3? im still doing research. considering 12 weeks of test prop at 500mg/week for my first cycle. i know that will be too many needles (EOD) but thats ok.
also i was thinking of hcg from week 2 at 250iu twice a week. or should i make it week 3? ive read its better to start hcg from week 3 on test e but test prop kicks in comparatively quicker. keeping that in mind, so u think week 2 should be better?
nolva and clomid for pct.
is there anything im missing?

thanks bro.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Before resorting to things like adex, etc that are very potent and wreck your lipid profiles quickly, you might want to look into proviron. It will possibly enhance the effects of your test by freeing more of it up for use, can increase your libido and it works as an aromatase inhibitor, yet is considered to be only very mild of a strain on the liver.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Summary:

1st cycle, 3 questions:

1) how should I dose 25mg caps of aromasin with a cycle of 4-500mgs long estered test to keep water down but not lower estrogen excessively?
I would advise using arimidex.....its not quite as effective as aromasin, but thats actually a good thing....I have prepped a few guys who have wound up having serious libido issues because aromasin worked too well and lowered estrogen too much.

2) 400mg test OK for me or do I really need that magic 500?
400mgs is fine and will certainly provide very tangible benefits.

3) worth using something else instead of an AI altogether? if so, what?
You could try propionate instead, since its quite reasonable to expect lower water retention with it. Also, as someone else mentioned, you could use proviron, although I can guarantee you that it will not be quite as effective as an AI.....the problem is, since no one knows how badly you are prone to aromatization, its hard to guess what you may or may not need.

holy

G

gymfreak2

Awards
Summary:

1st cycle, 3 questions:

I would advise using arimidex.....its not quite as effective as aromasin, but thats actually a good thing....I have prepped a few guys who have wound up having serious libido issues because aromasin worked too well and lowered estrogen too much.

400mgs is fine and will certainly provide very tangible benefits.

You could try propionate instead, since its quite reasonable to expect lower water retention with it. Also, as someone else mentioned, you could use proviron, although I can guarantee you that it will not be quite as effective as an AI.....the problem is, since no one knows how badly you are prone to aromatization, its hard to guess what you may or may not need.

holy
i read that proviron is a dht derived compound. so wont it increase the changes of male pattern baldness and the risk of prostate swelling?
which one wud u prefer to run for a test cycle? arimidex, aromosin or proviron? in fact rate them with 1,2 and 3 with 1 being your first preference. i can c in ur post that u prefer arimidex over aromasin. is arimidex very liver toxic?

also i read somewhere its good to add 5-alpha reductase inhibitors to block the conversion of test to dht. this will reduce the risk of baldness n also lower the risk of prostate swelling? what do u think? plus will it easily available?