bodybuilding back in the day and gyno.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
if you look at the pictures of bodybuilders in the past none seem to have much if any gynecomastia. i am talking the era circa Draper Zane Arnold larry scott ferrigno columbu etc.

did they even use serms and ai's back then?
maybe it was due the fact they used different gear than what is popular now?
did they all just get the surgery?
or were they all just not "prone to gyno"?

anyone have any thoughts on this?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your interested, the march issue of Muscular Developement has a good article talking about this. He states that doses were way smaller then they are today. He said that gyno and sides would be a lot more apparent if they were not. Like 300mg of test stacked with some d-bol or anavar was popular. Or Deca or Primobolan stacked with a oral was popular as well. Also, aas was available from a doctor in those days, so everything was legit and strong :dl:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Most AI's were not available and I doubt many used nolvadex. They used lower doses and pyramided up with a taper down.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
also remember they didnt have internet back then so im sure some got curious and did high dose and etc and got f'd up but you never saw it or heard about it...plus those pros back then (and of course today's pros) were genetic freaks they could probably grow like that without AAS anyways,,,,,freaks.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
also remember they didnt have internet back then so im sure some got curious and did high dose and etc and got f'd up but you never saw it or heard about it...plus those pros back then (and of course today's pros) were genetic freaks they could probably grow like that without AAS anyways,,,,,freaks.
please bodybuilding blew up only because they were using steroids. + i don't see how your point relates to the topic. with all respect of course.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
please bodybuilding blew up only because they were using steroids. + i don't see how your point relates to the topic. with all respect of course.

yeaa and look at the sport today... its only going further because of the use of synthetic gh (cadaver was all that was available back in the day... mad $ and nobody did it), ifg-1, insulin, peptides, site enhancement oil, serms, ai's, thyroid hormones, bronchiodiolators, crazzy ass **** like dnp, etc etc etc etc...

the pro bodybuilder has so many f*cking tools in his arsenal today as compared to 'beginning'. its visually apparent. look at photos of these dudes. compare arnold's gut and waste size to ronie c's and jay cutler's... its f*cking pathetic, pretty gross if you ask me. these guys stomachs are so distended from the growth of their internal organs. their intestines are probably miles longer, literally, thats excessive igf-1/slin use for you...

all im trying to say is they looked a lot better back then. a few guys really deserve some props for the physiques theyve accomplished, and in a way they have indirectly been forced to accomplish their bodies just by competing next to today's mammoth individuals like ronnie and jay.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
yeaa and look at the sport today... its only going further because of the use of synthetic gh (cadaver was all that was available back in the day... mad $ and nobody did it), ifg-1, insulin, peptides, site enhancement oil, serms, ai's, thyroid hormones, bronchiodiolators, crazzy ass **** like dnp, etc etc etc etc...

the pro bodybuilder has so many f*cking tools in his arsenal today as compared to 'beginning'. its visually apparent. look at photos of these dudes. compare arnold's gut and waste size to ronie c's and jay cutler's... its f*cking pathetic, pretty gross if you ask me. these guys stomachs are so distended from the growth of their internal organs. their intestines are probably miles longer, literally, thats excessive igf-1/slin use for you...

all im trying to say is they looked a lot better back then. a few guys really deserve some props for the physiques theyve accomplished, and in a way they have indirectly been forced to accomplish their bodies just by competing next to today's mammoth individuals like ronnie and jay.
yes i know they used far less gear in the early days.

but you hear people complaining about gyno constantly these days. and the prevalence of it is going up in people who do not even use any steroids.

the main thing is what was popular back then to build muscle. i know the trend these days seems to be test test and more test.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I think you have to remember that since you did not have internet and news 24 hrs a day like you have know, I think it was there, just not known about as much. Test, deca and dbol were probably the main drugs of choice during the 60's and 70's.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
but you hear people complaining about gyno constantly these days. and the prevalence of it is going up in people who do not even use any steroids.
there you go...
thats a whole different thing way beyond the control of you or me.

this place we inhabit, as great and beautiful as it is, is a world run by money and blood hungry thieves... multinational corporations whose only priority is to turn that dollar, time and time again. they do not care what they put in their products, or the fact that a rediculous percentage of foods, household products, and personal hygiene products actually contain phytoestrogens among other chemicals.
you spend enough days intaking trace amounts of that **** and what do you think will happen.

i've had gyno since i'm 11 years old. my doc says theres no doubt that its a genetic predisposition that somehow effects the way people metabolize estrogens and activity of aromatase. i'd love to see a survey comparing the times. i have nothing other than my common sense and a good situational awareness of whats going on today behind this, but my guess is that male pubertal gyno and/or other gyno related conditions, including the use of aas
have gone up.

who's got the abstract?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
gyno was prevelant then also, i know pros from back in the day and they had bouts with it, hell thers even pics of columbo prepping with massive gyno.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
gyno was prevelant then also, i know pros from back in the day and they had bouts with it, hell thers even pics of columbo prepping with massive gyno.
Yeah, that was in 81' when the dosages were really starting to rise.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
there you go...

this place we inhabit, as great and beautiful as it is, is a world run by money and blood hungry thieves... multinational corporations whose only priority is to turn that dollar, time and time again. they do not care what they put in their products, or the fact that a rediculous percentage of foods, household products, and personal hygiene products actually contain phytoestrogens among other chemicals.
you spend enough days intaking trace amounts of that **** and what do you think will happen.

i've had gyno since i'm 11 years old. my doc says theres no doubt that its a genetic predisposition that somehow effects the way people metabolize estrogens and activity of aromatase. i'd love to see a survey comparing the times. i have nothing other than my common sense and a good situational awareness of whats going on today behind this, but my guess is that male pubertal gyno and/or other gyno related conditions, including the use of aas
have gone up.

who's got the abstract?
Have you tried DIM? It works well for helping the body metabolize estrogen, its just a supplement not a drug.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
there you go...

have gone up.

who's got the abstract?
Why do you think cancer is so crazy, diabetes is ravaging, and everything health wise is going crazy. Yet with doctor prescribed meds you can now live to 90....just taking 56 pills a day! That is if you are not one of the people killed by prescription medicine since it is the 2nd or 3rd killer next to cancer.

The amount of damage we do to our bodies by daily living is crap. I have corporations and our government since it only cares about the corporations.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established

i doubt colombu's was ever "massive". find pics if you can. please.

take a look at this. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBADulJCc08"]YouTube - Bodybuilder Dexter Jackson 1995 USA Backstage[/ame]

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
metz, walker, and franco all had horrable gyno.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
doc holiday...

i have tried DIM, never with anabolics though. it was actually one of the first supplements i started taking back in the day. i noticed verrry minor affect, but nothing all that extraordinary. i've had better results reducing its size with just nolva and 6bromo/atd/3ohat, during pct. even made it smaller than it was before i ever did any anabolics.

but thanks for the advice though brova. ill give it a shot during my next cycle... coming up soon

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
there you go...

have gone up.

who's got the abstract?

this is exactly what i had in mind.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
repmks yahoo or google that sh!t and you can find several pics

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
It was pretty bad when he won the O in '81.
Yes it was. Isn't it interesting though that he could get that big without getting gyno and then suddenly got it.