new book review for new forum :)

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

this old school hormone forum is pretty cool, nice work mods.

anyways, our own AM bro Seth Roberts just came out with his book called "Anabolic Pharmacology" and I would like give me 2cents after reading it. Mods if this doesnt belong here please move it to an appropriate forum please (I don't know where else it could go?)

OKay, the book is 409 pages excluding references section. The book distinguishes itself from other AAS books such as the ones written by Dan Duchain and Llewelyn by providing general chemistry, biology, pharmacology background early on so the reader is fairly well educated with enzyme pathways, receptor interactions, easier understanding of chemical names (-ene, -ol, -enone and etc) by the time the reader reaches the breakdowns of all the usual AAS (my favorite part), the reader exactly knows what he is talking about and can follow through. For example, in the AAS profile section, each AAS has its common names, chemical names, structure, 3D structure which is very cool and the best of all pharmacology of AAS, NOT from personal experiences of others but with scientific studies backed statements. There is a table which has ratings of affinity to AR, GR, PR, Q ratio (anabolic/androgenic) SHBG affinty and so on very useful and quick glance for fast reference.

It is NOT complicated like I said because the intro and the 1/3 of the book is dedicated to educating the reader but those sections are the most important.

why does anadrol cause bloat when it is DHT based?
why does deca cause severe shutdowns, libido loss etc? is it due to progesterone? is it due to prolactin?
How does binding to SHBG can cause sides?
and so on are all answered scientifically

bro'lores are busted open and the truth is told. LOL

there are also sections for the new prosteroids, old prohormones, and unknown rare AAS molecules that nobody has heard of and also ancillaries such as SERM, HCG, peptides, and AI are also written in details with its correct functions based on research. I thought I knew most of them but got new info out of every one of them.

There are cycle examples some of which are so different than the normal cycles you have to read to find out why.

Injections sites are discussed how different locations can elongate or shorten the 1/2 life of chemicals.

so it's a book for all newbies to all experienced....after reading it you should be able to talk the talk with those folks that love to throw out enzymes, chemical names, chemical functional groups :) and be able to reduce or flame the parrots repeating false and ancient info over and over getting nowhere (prolactin/progesterone confusion is one of them). Best yet you understand why certain things can cause unexpected sides and why some of the must be stacked together (inhibition of SHBG is it always good? why does deca **** occur? how can finasteride help other than minimizing hairloss,,,interesting stuff)

I like knowing everything about what i put in my body so this kind of stuff is a good tool/info to have for future reference when you decide to plan a cycle and etc. or to combat certain sides from certain chemicals.

all in all its pretty well written and its worth the money.

how much? i bought it from LGscience website (i think they are the only ones that carry it) for around 50 bucks shipped...got a free t shirt and two smaller books for free as well.

I usually dont buy AAS books due to the fear of paraphnalia but this is damn worth it,

nice work SR.

oh he is a nice guy too he has helped me many times with questions before through PM.

would like to hear others feedback if some of you read it

thanks for listening,

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review, comacho! Very good bit of service for the forum as, ostensibly at least, many people have expressed interest in purchasing the book; I have no doubt this will push them over the edge!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perfect review; this helps alot. I was just mentioning this to Sam when I talked to him today, but we're waiting on some more review before we pick this up at NP. If the other feedback is like this, you can expect to see this at NutraPlanet :thumbsup:

How much peptide coverage is in the book, out of sheer curiosity? I should probably PM Seth on that, but I'm sure he will see this here :)

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Perfect review; this helps alot. I was just mentioning this to Sam when I talked to him today, but we're waiting on some more review before we pick this up at NP. If the other feedback is like this, you can expect to see this at NutraPlanet :thumbsup:

How much peptide coverage is in the book, out of sheer curiosity? I should probably PM Seth on that, but I'm sure he will see this here :)
There is a section on peptide hormones mostly describing the ones that are used and a few that have potential. I intentionally did not go too deep into discussing peptides because I feel they are a more advanced topic and the focus of the book was largely AAS.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

this old school hormone forum is pretty cool, nice work mods.

anyways, our own AM bro Seth Roberts just came out with his book called "Anabolic Pharmacology" and I would like give me 2cents after reading it. Mods if this doesnt belong here please move it to an appropriate forum please (I don't know where else it could go?)

OKay, the book is 409 pages excluding references section. The book distinguishes itself from other AAS books such as the ones written by Dan Duchain and Llewelyn by providing general chemistry, biology, pharmacology background early on so the reader is fairly well educated with enzyme pathways, receptor interactions, easier understanding of chemical names (-ene, -ol, -enone and etc) by the time the reader reaches the breakdowns of all the usual AAS (my favorite part), the reader exactly knows what he is talking about and can follow through. For example, in the AAS profile section, each AAS has its common names, chemical names, structure, 3D structure which is very cool and the best of all pharmacology of AAS, NOT from personal experiences of others but with scientific studies backed statements. There is a table which has ratings of affinity to AR, GR, PR, Q ratio (anabolic/androgenic) SHBG affinty and so on very useful and quick glance for fast reference.

It is NOT complicated like I said because the intro and the 1/3 of the book is dedicated to educating the reader but those sections are the most important.

why does anadrol cause bloat when it is DHT based?
why does deca cause severe shutdowns, libido loss etc? is it due to progesterone? is it due to prolactin?
How does binding to SHBG can cause sides?
and so on are all answered scientifically

bro'lores are busted open and the truth is told. LOL

there are also sections for the new prosteroids, old prohormones, and unknown rare AAS molecules that nobody has heard of and also ancillaries such as SERM, HCG, peptides, and AI are also written in details with its correct functions based on research. I thought I knew most of them but got new info out of every one of them.

There are cycle examples some of which are so different than the normal cycles you have to read to find out why.

Injections sites are discussed how different locations can elongate or shorten the 1/2 life of chemicals.

so it's a book for all newbies to all experienced....after reading it you should be able to talk the talk with those folks that love to throw out enzymes, chemical names, chemical functional groups :) and be able to reduce or flame the parrots repeating false and ancient info over and over getting nowhere (prolactin/progesterone confusion is one of them). Best yet you understand why certain things can cause unexpected sides and why some of the must be stacked together (inhibition of SHBG is it always good? why does deca **** occur? how can finasteride help other than minimizing hairloss,,,interesting stuff)

I like knowing everything about what i put in my body so this kind of stuff is a good tool/info to have for future reference when you decide to plan a cycle and etc. or to combat certain sides from certain chemicals.

all in all its pretty well written and its worth the money.

how much? i bought it from LGscience website (i think they are the only ones that carry it) for around 50 bucks shipped...got a free t shirt and two smaller books for free as well.

I usually dont buy AAS books due to the fear of paraphnalia but this is damn worth it,

nice work SR.

oh he is a nice guy too he has helped me many times with questions before through PM.

would like to hear others feedback if some of you read it

thanks for listening,
Thanks for the review Comacho. I intentionally kept the cover blank because I had heard many people in the past express concern over having a book laying out that people might wonder about. I look forward to having discussions with you about some of the info in the book.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
oh cool, glad to hear my review helped!

SR, I am just absorbing all the new info, I need to read over and over just to familiar myself with all this, and then there will be plenty of questions for you, most likely about enzymes and thyroid hormones, but most of them have been answered by the book ahahhaha.

you will get questions from other folks for sure once they read it.

good idea about the cover,,,,better than pics of syringes and ampoules

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks comacho! Mullet was correct, in my case at least. I am now going to purchase. :)

Prometherion

Prometherion

Awards
Nice review OP. Sounds like a really cool read for anyone interested in the subject.

I won a copy of Anabolics 9, which is awesome, but I might get this as well.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the look of it and I have just skimmed it and was blown away. Its got the science and explanations. I can't wait to read it all.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I actually saw this book for sale at the LG booth at the Arnold....I was going to buy a copy and support Seths venture, but when I went back to get one, there werent anymore on the table...did you guys sell out while there?

holy

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I actually saw this book for sale at the LG booth at the Arnold....I was going to buy a copy and support Seths venture, but when I went back to get one, there werent anymore on the table...did you guys sell out while there?

holy
I am not sure as I was not there. I know there were a lot of people who wanted to buy it but didn't want to heft it around.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure as I was not there. I know there were a lot of people who wanted to buy it but didn't want to heft it around.

I understand...it was quite a big book! How does one go about getting a copy of this now?

holy

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The LG Sciences website or just throw it in your next Nutraplanet order which you can get free shipping on with $75 bucks spent