pouring the oil off from natty pb question

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I often pour off the excess oil from my natty pb, are there any nutrients that tend to collect in the fat that i might be throwing away?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I often pour off the excess oil from my natty pb, are there any nutrients that tend to collect in the fat that i might be throwing away?
Thats healthy fat if its true natty PB....i wouldnt. Stuff healthy as can be already.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
mix it together then store in the fridge. Otherwise it gets REALLY dry!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
mix it together then store in the fridge. Otherwise it gets REALLY dry!
yeah, towards the bottom of the jar it tends to get rough & pasty, like a reese's cup without all the salt n sugar. But I like having a pb with a higher protein/fat ratio without buying one of those supplement enhanced kinds that cost like 10 bucks a pound.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i use smuckers natural. only peanuts and salt in there! its like 3 bucks a jar! :thumbsup:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
turn it upside down and keep it in your fridge for 24 hours before opening,

i usually have one already open so i keep it in the cabinet upside down for 24 hours, then throw it in the fridge upside down, then by the time im ready to use it its already mixed, when u get like half way through it you can keep it right side up.

works everytime, no mixing nessecary

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think you are just asking if your wasting good nutritious oil by pouring the excess oil out, correct?
If thats the case then yes I would say you are loosing a fair amount of the healthy fats that make peanut butter beneficial and filling. You can always dump out the extra and replace it with flax seed oil to get a different mix of fats in the mix, or dump it all out to get a lower fat mix. Unless you are eating more than a serving or two a day though I would just keep the extra fat in there because it will probably do more good than harm to your physique

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i use smuckers natural. only peanuts and salt in there! its like 3 bucks a jar! :thumbsup:

Same. Or you could buy smuckers natural Organic for an extra dollar....which has the exact same product with an xtra tag on the label lol.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I think you are just asking if your wasting good nutritious oil by pouring the excess oil out, correct?
If thats the case then yes I would say you are loosing a fair amount of the healthy fats that make peanut butter beneficial and filling. You can always dump out the extra and replace it with flax seed oil to get a different mix of fats in the mix, or dump it all out to get a lower fat mix. Unless you are eating more than a serving or two a day though I would just keep the extra fat in there because it will probably do more good than harm to your physique
I just want to be sure that the oil itself isn't where a high concentration of any vitamin/mineral is, or that any of the amino acids tend to bond to fat, or anything like that.

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
I just want to be sure that the oil itself isn't where a high concentration of any vitamin/mineral is, or that any of the amino acids tend to bond to fat, or anything like that.
There is a trivial amount of minerals and aminos in the thin of the peanut oil. Its just a shame to waste all of that monounsaturated fat.IMO.:think:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I always pour it off of my almond butter out of sheer laziness to stir it back together. Now that i've read the upside down suggestions...I may have to try some new things :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/49467-natty-peanutbutter-ground.html ;)