Teen nutrition requirements?

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Im seventeen and and was wondering what you guys thought about my nutrition requirements. Im currently taking in about 4000 cal. 280 pro. and probably 350 carb. in six to seven meals. Im very active right now (manual labor job, strength training, cardio, etc...) is this enough? Also i will be starting football soon and was wondering how much I should increase my intake by? I plan on continuing to lift after practice and do extra cardio. I want to take in enough to see strength/size gains. Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Thats a good post but i was wanting something a little bit more personalized. You dont think my nutritional needs will go up because of a 4 hour long football practice?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
On days with football I'd add another 1000-1500 calories. For normal days your plan looks solid. The most important thing aside from diet is to remember that YOUR BODY NEEDS REST AND A LOT OF IT! I would see if you could lift before school, and forget about cardio. Practice then weights then cardio would be overdoing it by a long shot.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats a good post but i was wanting something a little bit more personalized. You dont think my nutritional needs will go up because of a 4 hour long football practice?
Nobody here can tell you precisely how many more calories you will need. You could spend a whole 4 hour practice on the bench or on the field. Each yielding drastically different expenditures.

Start with the rough estimates and then monitor your weight on a scale. If it's dropping then eat more. Your hunger level will also give you clues.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
On days with football I'd add another 1000-1500 calories. For normal days your plan looks solid. The most important thing aside from diet is to remember that YOUR BODY NEEDS REST AND A LOT OF IT! I would see if you could lift before school, and forget about cardio. Practice then weights then cardio would be overdoing it by a long shot.
Ok thank you. I will probably be getting atleast 8-9 hours of rest and will lift before school. Thank you.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
No problem. Stick with lifting before school and make sure you eat big after both lifting and practice and you'll be good to go.