What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?


    JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?


  2. my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!
    Last edited by Hank Vangut; 07-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by The Anarchist View Post
    JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
    woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, e****lence is not an act, but a habit.”

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants

  6. 1 cup oats
    2 cups skim milk
    1.5 scoops whey

    696 calories
    75 protein
    81 carbs (10 fiber)
    8 fat (2poly/2mono)

    Simple, but enough to wake me up in the morning.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  7. 1-2 scoops choco whey
    1/2 cup oats (powdered in a grinder)
    1/2-1 cup milk (skim or 1%)
    1/2-1 banana
    1-2 tbs natural PB
    Ice to taste

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, e****lence is not an act, but a habit.”

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    same here mate, blue berries are through the roof if you buy them fresh, but I can get a kilo for $12 frozen, which will last me 3-4 weeks

  10. I hate protein powder so i go with


    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop protein
    5-10g creatine


    And sometimes a banana, or peanut butter if im feeling frisky.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
    I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

    1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
    1 scoop ON whey
    100g blueberries
    Half a banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    25g Maltodextrin
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    40g natty PB
    5g leucine

  12. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

    1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
    1 scoop ON whey
    100g blueberries
    Half a banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    25g Maltodextrin
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    40g natty PB
    5g leucine

    damn, that looks tasty!

    Quick question: why the Maltodextrin? Why not more Hi GI carbs from bananas?

  13. 1 Scoop GF Pro Cherry Flavor Whey Isolate
    1/2 cup dry(1 serving) Oatmeal (put into a coffee grinder)
    1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter
    1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seed
    Handful of Bluberries and/or approx 7-8 strawberries
    1 serving of skim Milk

    Approx. 550-600 calories
    12-15g of fat
    35-40g of protein
    60-70g of carbs
    8-10g of fiber

    Breakfast everyday

  14. 2 Scoops Cafe Mocha flavored protein (Dymatize)
    10 oz. water
    3 TBS heavy whipping cream

    Tastes just like a fukkin' starbucks drink!!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!
    In other words.... Hank is a newb.
  16. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..

    skim milk
    natty PB
    creatine mono
    whey protein
    WMS
    EVOO

  17. arizona nutritionals choc protein 1.5 scoops

    2tbsp psyillium husk

    1 tspn organic cinnamon

    1tbsp organic unsweetened cocoa

    1.5 tbsp cod liver oil, orange flavor

    1 packet stevia


    this is for breakfast

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

    1 cup of oats
    6 whole eggs
    1 scoop of whey
    1 lrg banana
    1/2 cup blueberries
    200ml cream
    2 scoops of Poseidon
    10g glutamine
    top up with milk

    Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?

  19. post work out shake
    rice milk
    creatine mono
    glutamine
    2scoops whey isolate
    graham crackers
    frozen strawberrys or fruit

  20. Quote Originally Posted by theBIGcactus View Post
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
    nah, I leave the shells out, feed them to the dog.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by theBIGcactus View Post
    6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
    cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, e****lence is not an act, but a habit.”

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    damn, that looks tasty!

    Quick question: why the Maltodextrin? Why not more Hi GI carbs from bananas?
    Bananas are low gi - 51 but you should go by glycemic load which for a 120g banana is 12.

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...a-gi-value.htm

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...uit/banana.htm

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:
    You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Dietfreak View Post
    Bananas are low gi - 51 but you should go by glycemic load which for a 120g banana is 12.

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...a-gi-value.htm

    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...uit/banana.htm
    the riper the banana, the higher the GI - the ones I use a near black on the outside

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Dietfreak View Post
    You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.
    My chickens wash their hands after going to the

  26. Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by pdx89 View Post
    Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.
    Geez - sorry to hear that mate.

    We can get egg whites in a carton in Australia - QAQC standards and all that jazz.

    I guess Ive been lucky so far - Ive been eating 4-6 eggs a day for the last 4 months with no dramas.

  28. Pasteurized eggs are great. Just don't eat raw eggs.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
    if you drink that all in one serving arent you just wasting some of it

  30. Quote Originally Posted by liftw8t View Post
    if you drink that all in one serving arent you just wasting some of it
    Sure - if I drank it all in one serving. I split it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Where to buy cellulose gel to make low carb shakes?
    By channelx99 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
  3. does not being attracted to a kind, make one racist?
    By BoyFromAus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
  5. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Log in
Log in