What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?

The Anarchist

Awards
JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!

Last edited:
jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
JW, what kind of shakes do you guys usually make? From what I'm reading here, it seems a lot of you come up with your own sorts of protein shakes?
Here's a good bulking shake I made up today:

1 cup of oats
6 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
1 lrg banana
1/2 cup blueberries
200ml cream
2 scoops of Poseidon
10g glutamine
top up with milk

Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established

1 cup of oats
6 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
1 lrg banana
1/2 cup blueberries
200ml cream
2 scoops of Poseidon
10g glutamine
top up with milk

Blended, and put in a thermos for my mid morning/mid arvo meals. Tastes pretty good!
woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
woah nice shake. whats the cals in that?
about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
1 cup oats
2 cups skim milk
1.5 scoops whey

696 calories
75 protein
81 carbs (10 fiber)
8 fat (2poly/2mono)

Simple, but enough to wake me up in the morning.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
1-2 scoops choco whey
1/2 cup oats (powdered in a grinder)
1/2-1 cup milk (skim or 1%)
1/2-1 banana
1-2 tbs natural PB
Ice to taste

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
about 1500 - I only have something like that on a WO day (3x a week) - it's real tasty, full of nutrients and antioxidants
i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i love blueberries in my shakes, there pretty expensive here so i limit myself to the amount i buy. i go for mixed frozen fruits when i'm skint, there usually pretty cheap.
same here mate, blue berries are through the roof if you buy them fresh, but I can get a kilo for $12 frozen, which will last me 3-4 weeks

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I hate protein powder so i go with

1 cup egg whites
1 scoop protein
5-10g creatine

And sometimes a banana, or peanut butter if im feeling frisky.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
1 scoop ON whey
100g blueberries
Half a banana
1/2 cup oatmeal
25g Maltodextrin
1 cup 2% milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
40g natty PB
5g leucine

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I second that! I put blueberries in every shake I make. I buy them frozen too. Frozen mango pieces are awesome also. I just made this...

1 scoop Custom TP mix (Whole Egg,Casein,WPI)
1 scoop ON whey
100g blueberries
Half a banana
1/2 cup oatmeal
25g Maltodextrin
1 cup 2% milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
40g natty PB
5g leucine

damn, that looks tasty!

Quick question: why the Maltodextrin? Why not more Hi GI carbs from bananas?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
1 Scoop GF Pro Cherry Flavor Whey Isolate
1/2 cup dry(1 serving) Oatmeal (put into a coffee grinder)
1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter
1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seed
Handful of Bluberries and/or approx 7-8 strawberries
1 serving of skim Milk

Approx. 550-600 calories
12-15g of fat
35-40g of protein
60-70g of carbs
8-10g of fiber

Breakfast everyday

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
2 Scoops Cafe Mocha flavored protein (Dymatize)
10 oz. water
3 TBS heavy whipping cream

Tastes just like a fukkin' starbucks drink!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
my standard is milk, 100%ON chocolate, natural peanut butter, bulk taurine, bulk creatine mono, bulk beta alainie - mixed in a blender. scrumptious!
In other words.... Hank is a newb.

tattoopierced1

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..

skim milk
natty PB
creatine mono
whey protein
WMS
EVOO

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
arizona nutritionals choc protein 1.5 scoops

2tbsp psyillium husk

1 tspn organic cinnamon

1tbsp organic unsweetened cocoa

1.5 tbsp cod liver oil, orange flavor

1 packet stevia

this is for breakfast

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established

1 cup of oats
6 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
1 lrg banana
1/2 cup blueberries
200ml cream
2 scoops of Poseidon
10g glutamine
top up with milk

6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
post work out shake
rice milk
creatine mono
glutamine
2scoops whey isolate
graham crackers
frozen strawberrys or fruit

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
6 whole eggs? u just drop 6 eggs in it with out cooking them?
cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:

Dietfreak

Awards
cookings eggs is the worst thing you can do! shotgun them like rocky. BOOM!:bruce3:
You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't do raw eggs I just got out of the hospital from salmonella. I was drinking 30 egg whites a day so that was probly overboard but trust me take my advice DON"T DO IT it sucks. It was some of the worst pain i've ever had, and i couldn't lift for a whole week.
Geez - sorry to hear that mate.

We can get egg whites in a carton in Australia - QAQC standards and all that jazz.

I guess Ive been lucky so far - Ive been eating 4-6 eggs a day for the last 4 months with no dramas.

Dietfreak

Awards
Pasteurized eggs are great. Just don't eat raw eggs.

liftw8t

Awards
if you drink that all in one serving arent you just wasting some of it

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
You put yourself at risk for salmonella and they are only 50% bioavailable due to aviden.
I've read many threads on eggs. Have a search theres tons! I came to the conclusion that there good for you :) I have around 6 whole eggs a day. i add them into my shakes raw, been doing this for months and i'm fine :)

Dietfreak

Awards
I told you everything you need to knwo about raw eggs in the sentence you quoted.. maybe you forgot to read it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I told you everything you need to knwo about raw eggs in the sentence you quoted.. maybe you forgot to read it.
i read it, just choosing to ignore it. I don't want to get onto a discussion about how eggs are bad/good for you. I eat them everyday, im healthy and so are the 100s of other people on this board that consume them on a regular basis :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I eat eggs too just not raw eggs.
All due respect Dietfreak - you had a nasty experience and can understand your position. I guess it depends on where you live and how reliable health-wise your sources are.

Dietfreak

Awards
No problem man. I'm just trying to look out for everyone. I know of people who have gotten sick and just figure play it safe and get better absorption.

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no reason to be afraid of something that might not happen I didn't get sallmonela until about 1 year of drinking raw eggs, and at the time i was drinking 30 a day the odds were stacked against me and i'm kinda unlucky anyway :sad:. The gains I was getting from all that extra protien was great, and lets face it drinking eggs is easier than cooking them so if you can get away with it without getting sick do it :thumbsup:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no reason to be afraid of something that might not happen I didn't get sallmonela until about 1 year of drinking raw eggs, and at the time i was drinking 30 a day the odds were stacked against me and i'm kinda unlucky anyway :sad:. The gains I was getting from all that extra protien was great, and lets face it drinking eggs is easier than cooking them so if you can get away with it without getting sick do it :thumbsup:
I struggle eating a 6-8 egg omelette, but have no trouble drinking them.
My end of the office is known as the Gas Chamber :thumbsup:

Rhys26

Awards
Is there really much difference between natural peanut butter and the normal stuff apart from a couple of extra additives?

Dietfreak

Awards
Hydrogenated soybean oil and sugar are big factors for me.

Natural pb's use vit E for stabilization.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
My peanut butter has no added sugar, has healthy oils and natural spice from a reputable mixing contraption.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I used to eat raw eggs in my shakes all the time. I stopped doing it not because of the salmonella but because of the availability issue. I just bought whole egg protein from TP and that fixes that!

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
2 cups milk
2 scoops cinnamon bun wpi ( ahh soo good)
creatine
glutamine
graham crackers

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
1.5 scoops ON Whey
Water
1/2 Cup oats
2 tbsp Naturally More P.B.(great stuff!)
This is my breakfast. Everyday. I love it. I wouldn't have anything in the AM if it wasn't for this, I hate doing anything requiring a remote amount of effort in the morning. Getting ATW Cupcake Batter soon, I hope it's good.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I used to eat raw eggs in my shakes all the time. I stopped doing it not because of the salmonella but because of the availability issue. I just bought whole egg protein from TP and that fixes that!
I also used to put 4 eggs in my morning shake. I never got salmonella but my stomach was usually pretty uneasy and sometimes really bothered me so I quit doing that.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a shake in ages! Started eating more whole foods! Think i'll make one tonight, i've got plenty berries etc in my freezer :D