cottage cheese mixed with whey?

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Anyone out there ever try blending cottage cheese with whey for a before bed shake? I hate the taste of eating plain cottage cheese and would rather drink it if its descent mixed with whey and water.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Anyone out there ever try blending cottage cheese with whey for a before bed shake? I hate the taste of eating plain cottage cheese and would rather drink it if its descent mixed with whey and water.

I do it a couple of times a week. It makes a nice bedtime snack. I don't blend it though, I just mix in a scoop of flavored whey protien in a bowl of low fat cottage cheese.

Last edited:
ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
i've got a few friends who do this.

scoop of whey, some cc, mix with spoon and enjoy.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I have tried it in shakes with whey and Milk, have not used with water though.
It tastes great in a whey/milk shake, just makes they consistency a little creamy, you wont even taste it really.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys. Im almost out of casein, and its really expensive here in Canada, so I might switch to this as an alternative when im tight on cash, Im gonna try it tomorrow.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i tried a couple of times and it sucked i did not like it at all, it did not mix well and I ended up with lumps of whey.

a better night snack or last meal which is what I've been doing since that experiment, mix peanut butter with your cottage cheese and some maple syrup and that tastes great... the peanut butter will increase your protein intake substantially and maples syrup adds good flavor.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I eat peanut butter before bed from time to time, whenever I need the extra cals. I could never eat maple syrup before bed though, its pure sugar, and Im fairly carb sensitive.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I just went and mixed one with water just to try it out. It definately didnt mix as well as it does with milk! If you are not Lactose sensetive I would go with the milk option, extra protein that way too. The maple syrup also has HFCS in it so not sure that would be a great option at bedtime, or anytime for that matter.

If you want to eat it outside of a shake, just sprinkle some cinamon and splenda (or Honey) and chow it down.

If you go the shake option I usually put natty peanutbutter, oats, whey, cottage cheese, and milk.

Last edited:
Timmo

Timmo

Awards
The milk option will work fine for me right now. Im gonna try mixing one up with whey, milk, cottage cheese and natty peanut butter. Sounds like it would be descent taste wise, and those ingredients will fulfill my nutritional requirments nicely.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about trying it in my pre-workout shake.. probly going to give it a go this week and post back with how it went.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
maple syrup before bed? that cant be too healthy

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
did it once, wasn't a fan at all. Rather mix the whey in milk and down the cottage cheese (I however love straight up cc).

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I hate cottage cheese :( The taste just doesn't go down well with me. I did however buy some the other day. going to try mix it up with some natty peanut butter before bed tonight. Will let you know how i get on :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I hate cottage cheese :( The taste just doesn't go down well with me. I did however buy some the other day. going to try mix it up with some natty peanut butter before bed tonight. Will let you know how i get on :)
So i mixed some cottage cheese with natty peanut butter. it tasted pretty crap. I then added some whey protein (strawberry) to the mix. It turned into a big ball :(

I decided to just chuck it in the blender and add some pure pineapple juice. Gave it a little zap and it tastes pretty good now :D

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drinking it as we speak.

lector606

lector606

Awards
I love the taste of chocolate flavoured protein mixed in with cottage cheese. I find that the best tasting method is to use maybe 1/3-1/4 of a scoop of whey to a serving of CC... otherwise it doesn't seem to mix well.

Chocolate fudge iso sensation or chocolate caramel pecan muscle milk in cottage cheese is fantastic.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Ive really been enjoying the CC, milk, whey and natty peanut butter shake before bed, Ive replaced my casein shake with this and really feel like its a better option. Its a little heavy on the calorie side compared to the one scoop of casein I was drinking, but if I feel that I need fewer calories I take the PB out which reduces it by 100 cals or so. I really think that drinking this shake made up of whole foods is better than just drinking a manufactured casein shake, and Im looking forward to seeing some more long term results so I can compare.

Dietfreak

Awards
I don't understand the point of mixing whey with casein in the first place.. Good to see most of you guys going with milk or cottage cheese for your casein source instead of casein powder (gimmick).

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
wow lol those are def some interesting combos. i usually just have a whey shake (actually muscle milk) and cottage cheese with some kind of fruit like pineapple and maybe some peanut butter depending on how im doin on cals that day

Da 1 Pumpin

Awards
Go buy some sugar free jello in whatever flavor you like and put a bit in there, it tastes phenominal!

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
dang, i meant to buy some cc while at walmart earlier and forgot

Disturbed

Disturbed

Awards
dang, i meant to buy some cc while at walmart earlier and forgot
Do you mean calorie countdown? I mix a cup of calorie countdown,a halfcup of cottage cheese and two teaspoons of PB.Before bed shake.Oh ok you meant cottage cheese.

Last edited:
borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't understand the point of mixing whey with casein in the first place.. Good to see most of you guys going with milk or cottage cheese for your casein source instead of casein powder (gimmick).
I call it my Variable Absorption Rate Protein Influx... :)

Kalakbar

Awards
A word to the wise: Whatever you do, do *not* try the "Dry Curd" version of cottage cheese in the blender. Tried that recently, possibly the most disgusting thing you could eat (aside from a prairie oyster, of course :p).

*shudder*