- 07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Alot of bodybuilders diets include white potatoes at varying times during the day, Im going to be going on a bulk soon and I was wondering how healthy/beneficial white potatoes can be in a bulking diet. I know the GI of white potatoes is high, some types digest almost as fast as sugar, but there must be some reason these guys are eating these over sweet potatoes. I could see them being helpful post workout, but most of the diets I have seen them in they are not used at that time.
- 07-13-2008, 11:00 AM
IMO its not a question of either or, incorporate both into your diet to create variety of both taste and nutrients. A lot of people are quick to discard white potatoes as unhealthy, high gi, and so on. White potatoes aren't just a source of complex carbohydrates, but are rich in numerous vitamins and minerals. Eat on playa, and thats not just post workout if you want.
Similar Forum Threads
- By nocando22 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 88Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
- By Irish Cannon in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
- By jaydee in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 01-08-2005, 01:17 AM