Peanut Butter!!!

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
I love me some peanut butter, I probably eat about 1/2 a cup or more a day, and not the natty kind either, straight up walmart brand butter...

I usually run a year round recomp style training and diet routine, about 300-500 calories over maintenance and a good bit of cardio...

Do you guys think that this much PB is hurting my training or is the protien and omegas worth the fat and carbs?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If it's one of your only sources of fat in your diet you're probably alright. I'm not really familiar with the profile of PB that's not natural so I dunno.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Everyone responds to things differently. I would think that it would depend too on how many carbs you were eating, if you were eating a high amount of fats and a high amount of carbs it would make you gain body fat pretty fast. I would definately switch over to natural PB though, that walmart peanut butter is probably packed full of hydrogenated oil and sugar.

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
about 32g fat, 16g protien, and 14g carbs (4 of which are fiber)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
about 32g fat, 16g protien, and 14g carbs (4 of which are fiber)
What's the breakdown of the fats? saturated, poly/monounsaturated?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
def got some hydrogenated oils up in there.

If it was me, I'd go natty.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Serving Size 1 tablespoon

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 73Calories 94

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 8.06g 12%
Saturated Fat 1.647g 8%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.219g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.794g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 73mg 3%
Potassium 104mg
Total Carbohydrate 3.13g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 1.48g
Protein 4.01g

Thats per tablespoon, and there are 8 tbsp per half cup.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Go natty and throw some splenda in it and mix it up well. Thats how I doit, and I LOVE it!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Go natty and throw some splenda in it and mix it up well. Thats how I doit, and I LOVE it!
If you're going natty whouldn't you want to add stevia? :run:

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
good call on the stevia... the only problem with the natty PB is that I havent been able to find it in large enough containers, the way I eat it id go through 3 jars a week whereas with the bootleg stuff I can buy it by the 6lb'ers

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
skippy natty pb is the best. as smooth and creamy as the junk one, but healthy as the organic ones. anytime i see it for 2/$5, i grab like 8. that and a banana with some whey = orgasm. no homo.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Private Selection Organic is awesome. Right now I'm eating Krema. It has nothing but peanuts in it. Pretty bland but I dip apples in it. Mmmmm

The Anarchist

Awards
I have myself 2 peanut butter sandwiches (wheat) a day, the organic chunky kind from Wal-Mart, once for breakfast and once in the afternoon

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
you cannot beat PB and banana on toasted wheat... its soo good it should be cheat food

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I go all-natty, but if the rest of ur diet is pretty clean, i suppose u could throw the junk in there...its up to u. My favorite is PB, chocolate whey, oatmeal...:dance:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one to eat reduced fat regular and sometimes reduced fat natural? It tastes just the same.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one to eat reduced fat regular and sometimes reduced fat natural? It tastes just the same.
Yes :)

I eat PB for the fat content, and it tastes delicious.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I love me some peanut butter, I probably eat about 1/2 a cup or more a day, and not the natty kind either, straight up walmart brand butter...

I usually run a year round recomp style training and diet routine, about 300-500 calories over maintenance and a good bit of cardio...

Do you guys think that this much PB is hurting my training or is the protien and omegas worth the fat and carbs?
That non-natural style hasn't caused me any issues.

As mentioned - if you can get away with it, then I wouldn't worry about it.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I like the natty PB and mix in some honey to sweeten it up.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Natty for the win, the Regular has trans fat, i Eat primarily 5scoops a day of natty, and dont gain love handles, i eat 2 scoops of regular, and what do you know love handles just pile on, i guess every1 is different, but natty tastes so good IMO,

Plus hydrogenated oil, which is in un-natural pb is used to keep Twinkies fresh for life, why do you think your pb doesn't go bad?

Interesting, that we eat something with a shelf-life of over like 20+ years.

ACSlayer

Awards
OMG, for my carb day on the AD, I did this:

A grilled bannana & PB sandwich....trust me. I got the idea from a place that does grilled PB's...they melt in your mouth and taste like dessert. SO, I pan sauteed the bannanas very quickly in a cinnamon/brown sugar syrup. Smeared some natty PB on some whole wheat, then drizzled a bit of the syrup over it. I buttered up the outside lightly, then threw it on the cuisinart grill for a minute or two. Then toss in the bannanas and enjoy. If your diet allows...DO IT@!

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
It tastes amazing! I like it better than any other peanut butter I've had.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've been using Naturally More as well... the contents of it seem to be better than any of the other natty's i saw on the shelf at wally world... tastes pretty damn good too

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I had some this morning in my oatmeal. YUM!

I think I'll have some more for lunch.

Too bad I'm in cut mode :(

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Yup, got mine at Super Wal Mart as well.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I've already cleared half a tub of this week! I wish I was bulking :)