Mixing Oatmeal and Protein Powder
- 07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
- 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't think the oatmeal is anywhere near hot enough for denaturing to take place. That being said, I usually just throw uncooked oats, protein, 2 cups of milk, and whatever in a blender. No need to cook the oats. However, the first couple days your stomach may hurt a bit after ingesting uncooked oats.
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
if you want something hot you could put protein powder in grits. add some splenda and it tastes alright
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Its not hot enough to degrade the protein if your mixing after it enters the microwave. Even then I don't think it would degrade it all that much (seeing as how many flavored oatmeals come with powder in them and are cooked before use).
Similar Forum Threads
- By Random181 in forum RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
- By TheLastRonin in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2009, 04:19 AM
- By WarcraftJJS in forum RecipesReplies: 13Last Post: 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
- By xxRowan in forum SupplementsReplies: 32Last Post: 12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
- By 99sscamaroma in forum RecipesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2007, 02:20 PM