Taking creatine with whey protein...? - AnabolicMinds.com

Taking creatine with whey protein...?

1. New Member
    Answers

Taking creatine with whey protein...?

Was wondering....I'm 180 right now but I look like I should weigh 160ish, I've been trying to bulk for a while now and am but I don't feel like I'm at where I should be at right now and I've been taking that Body Fortress super whey protein they sell at wal-mart, I take 2 scoops of that after workout everyday, it says its got creatine in it. They also sell the Body Fortress Creatine, which says take a scoop in the morning everyday, should I also get that as well?

And one more thing, I can't seem to find any casein protein by itself at Wal mart or any typical grocery store like Krogers, where can I get some?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

You're probably not going to find any casein at a local store bedies GNC and it would be waaaay to expensive. If you just want straight up casein then I would try Optimum Nutrition's 100% Casein. The cookies and cream flavor is da bomb!!

Check out nutraplanet.com or trueprotein.com and make your own custom mix.

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    You're probably not going to find any casein at a local store bedies GNC and it would be waaaay to expensive. If you just want straight up casein then I would try Optimum Nutrition's 100% Casein. The cookies and cream flavor is da bomb!!

Sheesh $80 for Sizeon at GNC....hmm I'm only taking that Body Fortress Whey Protein right now (1 scoop in the morning, 1-2 scoops throughout the day, and 2 scoops after workout).

I'm really having a hard time bulking up, should I get sizeon or creatine capsules? The Body fortress thing says its already got creatine mono in it.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

cottage cheese is casin protien. if you cant afford/find any casin powder, just eat a cup of cottage cheese.

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

you need to eat...if you look like 160 but weigh 180 i am assumming are a tall and a some what smaller build. you need a higher carb diet to pack on the weight, and that 80 or so grams of protein you take daily is not going to cut it.

don't waste money on casien or size on...all crap, cellmass..crap all premade post works....CRAP. you should create your own post workout shake to meet your needs. trying to bulk? protein, carbs, creatine mono, glut, taur, bcaa, and MCT or flax oil. use whey (isolate around gym time) for everything....if you should be eating every 3 hours why take a protein that takes around 8 to digest. other than that EAT, preferably steak and potatos, eating too lean is pointless when trying to bulk.

6. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    you need to eat...if you look like 160 but weigh 180 i am assumming are a tall and a some what smaller build. you need a higher carb diet to pack on the weight, and that 80 or so grams of protein you take daily is not going to cut it.

don't waste money on casien or size on...all crap, cellmass..crap all premade post works....CRAP. you should create your own post workout shake to meet your needs. trying to bulk? protein, carbs, creatine mono, glut, taur, bcaa, and MCT or flax oil. use whey (isolate around gym time) for everything....if you should be eating every 3 hours why take a protein that takes around 8 to digest. other than that EAT, preferably steak and potatos, eating too lean is pointless when trying to bulk.
    Should I still get some creatine mono/capsules by itself cause I think the whey I'm talking already has some in there...

7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Try Cre-01 from Millennium Sports and INtrabolic from AEN. Two formulas I truly believe in.

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Anarchist View Post
    Should I still get some creatine mono/capsules by itself cause I think the whey I'm talking already has some in there...
    Creatine wont make you bigger the same way food will. It MIGHT help you lift heavier though.
    You are best off buying cheap bulk creatin mono powder. I have ON

9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hydro916 View Post
    Creatine wont make you bigger the same way food will. It MIGHT help you lift heavier though.
    You are best off buying cheap bulk creatin mono powder. I have ON
    Hmm, I just got some glutomine and body fortress creatine mono, I'll just try it out with this for a few weeks, and btw, can I get the ON at GNC?

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Anarchist View Post
    Hmm, I just got some glutomine and body fortress creatine mono, I'll just try it out with this for a few weeks, and btw, can I get the ON at GNC?
    ON creatine? I work at a GNC and we don't carry any creatine by them. If you wanna get it from GNC honestly your best bet is to invest in a tub of GNC creatine mono. Buy it with the gold card discount and you'll get over 150 servings for $23.

11. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post

This dude is 100% correct. If you want to bulk and gain weight spend your money on food. Not creatine, not glutamine but F-O-O-D. Since you already have the protein powder, buy lean meats or even some fatty meat if you dont care about some fat gain, grains(oats,barley rice, cereal i.e. raisan bran) potatoes(reg and of course sweet potatoes) veggies, and fruits(can't go wrong with any kind for these). Also buy some extra virgin olive oil and add it to meals for good fats and extra, easy calories. And yes eat about 5 or 6 meals a day and maybe 1 or 2 shakes preferably before and/or after a workout. After doing this and no success then consider supplements, but this is thee way to do it my friend. You may also want to consider keeping a food diary which this website convienently provides.This should go without saying but don't forget to train hard brotha, good luck!

12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

food>supplementation

13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

you can get creatine from red meats

14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cad05k View Post
    you can get creatine from red meats
    You would need ~2.2 lbs of red meat to equal 5g of CrM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You would need ~2.2 lbs of red meat to equal 5g of CrM.
    Lol. Yeah. Also for your situation, something like size on isn't necessary, whey and creatine, and lots of chicken cottage cheese oats, eat clean you'll see a difference quick.

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post

Some gnc stores will match or beat online prices if you take a printout. Find a deal online, print, and take to store. Just got 44 pack Animal Pak for $20 yesterday

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. taking creatine along with whey protein
    By wannapumphard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
  2. Protein, Whey Protein, Creatine-oh my which one
    By ozzieramirez in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
  3. creatine or whey protein for a sprinter?
    By yellowbus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 08:03 PM
  4. Liver Damage-Whey Protein and Creatine.
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM