Eating on the wild side?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. i definitely march to the beat of a different drummer


  2. I had fresh ostrich when I was in Africa (ostrich neck actually) and it wasn't too bad, as far as horse meat in the grocery stores here in Canada, its never been in any of the supermarkets here in the East Coast.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by JoeYoung View Post
    I had fresh ostrich when I was in Africa (ostrich neck actually) and it wasn't too bad, as far as horse meat in the grocery stores here in Canada, its never been in any of the supermarkets here in the East Coast.
    neck? oo doesn't sound to nice! wouldn't mind trying it though
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  4. Tried a vension burger at the weekend. Also a wild hog sandwich, annnnd a water buffalo burger! The buffalo burger must of been the best meat i've ever tasted! Maybe i'm just saying that as i was really hungry at the time and pretty drunk but it was awesome! I love muisc festivals
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Anyone tried eating crocodile?

    ?
    yeah ate it on vacation back in 2003 in the islands of South Carolina(Beaufort area) didn't like it so much. Kind of taste like chicken only a different element of taste
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    •   
       


  6. Buffalo burgers are good, as are Elk burgers.
    Bucher shop near me sells them for lunch.

    I give the nod to the elk though.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Buffalo burgers are good, as are Elk burgers.
    Bucher shop near me sells them for lunch.

    I give the nod to the elk though.
    I'm away to buy some venison burgers after my workout. Think it would be pretty hard to get elk burgers over here in Scotland They taste pretty much like Buffalo?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    I'm away to buy some venison burgers after my workout. Think it would be pretty hard to get elk burgers over here in Scotland They taste pretty much like Buffalo?
    The buffalo was a lot like beef, but with somewhat of a slight metallic taste to it. Only way i can think of to describe it. Youd pretty much think it was beef with a special seasoning if no one told you what it was.

    I liked the elk better than the buffalo, personally. slightly more flavorfull. I liked it as much, if not more than a good beef burger.

    The taste on either one, is really very close to beef, but with different "accents," if that makes sense. I had them all as burgers, with ketchup, mayo and mustard on them, so I didnt get 100% pure flavor, if anyone is counting. good though. if the price was less than beef(it isint) id eat either one instead.

  9. ive had kangaroo and it was amazing try that if you get a chance

  10. Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    ive had kangaroo and it was amazing try that if you get a chance
    I had some in a bar a few years ago, it was pretty nice. Didn't get much on the plate. It did taste good, not to chewy. It went down pretty well!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mashed Goes Wild Log
    By MashedPotato in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:58 PM
  2. Wild Night...
    By Achilles13 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 08:27 PM
  3. Wild Chipmunk needs his calories...:)
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
  4. Girls Gone WIld
    By txwakeskater in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Log in
Log in