List the best tasting Whey Brands and Flavors

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Syntha-6 Chocolate Peanut Butter
Pro-bolic - Chocolate or Vanilla
ATW - coffee, (need to try cake batter, and cinnamon bun)

What else?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
ATW Cupcake Batter is the best tasting protein I've ever tasted.
Syntrax Cherry Nectar is really good for isolate in water..

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
optium nutrition - cookies & creme

wish they would ust do a 10 pound bag so i dont have to keep buying all these tubs...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Cytosport FTW
Muslce Milk - Cookies and cream and peanut butter/chocolate
Freakin' amazing. Too expensive tho.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Pro-NOS, by MRI ;)

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
I like GNC 100% whey chocolate. I make smoothies with that and add a tsp fresh coffee grinds and maybe a little stevia and it tastes bangin

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just started scivation chocolate whey, damn tasty

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I don't really consider Muscle Milk a whey product at all - even though it contains some... but their Chocolate Mint Chip is rediculous.

My favorite Whey is just the Extreme Milk Chocolate from ON.

Do you guys buy your "All The Whey" brand from their corporate website? I've been wanting to try the cake batter since so many people rave about it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Pro-NOS, by MRI ;)
Ahhahaha, that stuff tastes like sh*t! They sent us samples, they were tuff to soldier through.

ATW - Cupcake Batter
ATW - Cinnamon Bun

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
ON Pro Complex "Rocky Road" is pretty tight work. A bit expensive, but I stop in GNC about twice a month to get their sale proteins. Sometimes they got 'em, sometimes not. But when they got it, it's cheap.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I don't really consider Muscle Milk a whey product at all - even though it contains some... but their Chocolate Mint Chip is rediculous.

My favorite Whey is just the Extreme Milk Chocolate from ON.

Do you guys buy your "All The Whey" brand from their corporate website? I've been wanting to try the cake batter since so many people rave about it.
YES, the chocolate mint MM is the best thing i have ever drank protein-wise. damn is that stuff good.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
any ultra peptide 2.0 flavor (except vanila)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
GF Pro blueberry is like crack to me. I also enjoy Matrix Orange Cream

Muscle Milk is awesome but I'm an endomorph so I gotta limit my intake but I love chocolate malt and chocolate mint.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pshht ...anything at sams club in bulk! I seriously laugh at the people that think they need to spend 40 bucks for some whey????

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Pshht ...anything at sams club in bulk! I seriously laugh at the people that think they need to spend 40 bucks for some whey????
True, I do buy the blueberry because my spending splurges occur with supps and roids :D

Costco has a great deal on EAS's whey protein. It was $35 for 5 pounds which is a good price considering the increases. The best part is they don't charge you taxes on it since it's considered a food item

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, I do buy the blueberry because my spending splurges occur with supps and roids :D

Costco has a great deal on EAS's whey protein. It was $35 for 5 pounds which is a good price considering the increases. The best part is they don't charge you taxes on it since it's considered a food item
Thats what I use........

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
just started scivation chocolate whey, damn tasty

I just got my 10 LB bag, and it does taste good for whey. It reminds me of ON whey, and it is hands down the best value for whey.

That being said, Syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter DESTROYS it when it comes to flavor, and so does pro-bolic vanilla....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used it.. I just don't see the value in it.. I can get dymatize elite whey for the same price, cyto sport whey for a few bucks more, and both taste much better.

I don't get too hung up on the taste of things, but if i am going to pay the same price as other brands, it may as well taste good..

Scivation, right now seems to have the right price point in a market of costly whey.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got my 10 LB bag, and it does taste good for whey. It reminds me of ON whey, and it is hands down the best value for whey.

That being said, Syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter DESTROYS it when it comes to flavor, and so does pro-bolic vanilla....
sounds interesting however the value makes it taste better to me :toofunny:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
sounds interesting however the value makes it taste better to me :toofunny:

No doubt. Value > Taste.

But I got addicted to taste the other day when I started trying all these sample packets. I became ravenously hungry for good tasting whey blends.

Also, keep in mind, the better the taste, the more carbs / fat and calories. Scivation does exactly what it should with whey.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
optium nutrition - cookies & creme

wish they would ust do a 10 pound bag so i dont have to keep buying all these tubs...
Try checking places like amazon . com ... I was able to get a 10 lb. bag of this stuff for 52 bucks with free shipping a while ago!! I'm not too partial to the flavor, I just got it because I couldnt pass up the price. And after 10 lbs. of this stuff I think I'm all tapped out on it.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I get the best price I can find. Dymatize 5lbs Cafe Moca 37 bucks shipped. If anyone know of a better deal let me know. Oh yeah, and it's damn good

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I get the best price I can find. Dymatize 5lbs Cafe Moca 37 bucks shipped. If anyone know of a better deal let me know. Oh yeah, and it's damn good

Scivation Chocolate Whey at Nutraplanet right now is 59.99 for 10 LB's. Best deal I see anywhere.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet charges a shitload for shipping tho.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Lol I still love Nutraplanet and I still order there, and i'd love to order there always, but when I can get a 5 lb of protein shipped for 4.90 rather than 15. I have to take the other deal.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With protein, i always just order 200 worth to get the free shipping..

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fo real!! What up dat lol???
I don't order sht from there except pills, ph's ect......Which still equates to me spending too much money but it keeps the shipping$$$ at bay.....That's just ridiculous IMO.....:hammer:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Cytosport FTW
Muslce Milk - Cookies and cream and peanut butter/chocolate
Freakin' amazing. Too expensive tho.
I agree. Cyto makes the best tasting, best quality protein I've had so far. I've tried going for cheaper brands, but the effects pale in comparasin.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Optimum is the newbies whey. All the newbs love it for some reason. I think its some nasty tasting crap.

Scivation Whey kicks the ass of Optimum.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Optimum is the newbies whey. All the newbs love it for some reason. I think its some nasty tasting crap.

Thats one of the dumbest things I've seen on these boards... Newbie whey?

Didn't Scivation just start making whey? And all of a sudden thats for professional bodybuilders? ON has been around forever, its cheap, high quality..

Newbie whey... wtf ever.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it's better to place fewer large orders than several small ones during the yr.
that way you can take advantage of the free shipping on $199+ size orders.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

IMO scivation chocolate whey is the same exact formula with the same exact ingredients as ON Chocolate whey.

However scivation = 15-20 bucks cheaper

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
do you know the breakdown (concentrate/isolate) of scaviation whey?
the scaviation description i've seen is very vague.
without seeing the profile of scavation it's hard to compare it to others.
the price is sweet though!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
do you know the breakdown (concentrate/isolate) of scaviation whey?
the scaviation description i've seen is very vague.
without seeing the profile of scavation it's hard to compare it to others.
Breakdown is irrelevant. It tastes better, and its designed especially for non newbie pros. :fool2:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established

I'd have to disagree here too on the ON. I've been drinking protein for about 14 years and I still use ON 100% Whey daily. It's quality's solid plus the overall taste & price are good too IMO. Plus there's numerous different companies (GNC, EAS, etc) that sell whey under their own name, but it's actually manufactured by ON.

As for my favorite tasting proteins, I love BSN's Syntha-6 Chocolate Mint & Lean Desert Cinnamon Roll - but those aren't purely whey.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
IMO scivation chocolate whey is the same exact formula with the same exact ingredients as ON Chocolate whey.

However scivation = 15-20 bucks cheaper
being that much cheaper.....i'm guessing scivation is primarily (if not entirely) whey concentrate. and concentrate does typically taste better.
however, concentrate is inferior and cheaper than isolate.
again, i'm only guessing here since i haven't seen a full product description from scivation.
ON whey does have an excellent profile for a pure whey product.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
being that much cheaper.....i'm guessing scivation is primarily (if not entirely) whey concentrate. and concentrate does typically taste better.
however, concentrate is inferior and cheaper than isolate.
again, i'm only guessing here since i haven't seen a full product description from scivation.
ON whey does have an excellent profile for a pure whey product.

Inferior how?. Just because of the lactose and fat?.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Inferior how?. Just because of the lactose and fat?.
yes.

lol. ok, maybe inferior was a strong word choice. i'm fine with using concentrate.
but for those who are lactose sensitive or concerned w/fat intake then knowing which one you are taking is important.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
yes.

lol. ok, maybe inferior was a strong word choice. i'm fine with using concentrate.
but for those who are lactose sensitive or concerned w/fat intake then knowing which one you are taking is important.

If losing weight or gaining muscle is a concern then worrying about percentage of concentrate versus isolate, or a half gram of fat is irrelevent IMO.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
ON is my choice, Banana Cream tastes great mixed w/just water. I guess after all these years I'm still a newbie.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
ON is my choice, Banana Cream tastes great mixed w/just water. I guess after all these years I'm still a newbie.
Nothing wrong with liking ON. Infact there is nothing wrong with liking anything...really. It's all subjective really.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Don't worry man. All you gotta do is switch to Scivation, and you'll be an instant pro.

I switched from Newb ON to Scivation and gained 20 pounds of LBM in 14 days.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry man. All you gotta do is switch to Scivation, and you'll be an instant pro.

I switched from Newb ON to Scivation and gained 20 pounds of LBM in 14 days.

Smart move. Don't let me catching you using on again... :hammer: