List the best tasting Whey Brands and Flavors

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Ziquor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    1377
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Optimum is the newbies whey. All the newbs love it for some reason. I think its some nasty tasting crap.

    Scivation Whey kicks the ass of Optimum.
    I'd have to disagree here too on the ON. I've been drinking protein for about 14 years and I still use ON 100% Whey daily. It's quality's solid plus the overall taste & price are good too IMO. Plus there's numerous different companies (GNC, EAS, etc) that sell whey under their own name, but it's actually manufactured by ON.

    As for my favorite tasting proteins, I love BSN's Syntha-6 Chocolate Mint & Lean Desert Cinnamon Roll - but those aren't purely whey.

  2. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    IMO scivation chocolate whey is the same exact formula with the same exact ingredients as ON Chocolate whey.

    However scivation = 15-20 bucks cheaper
    being that much cheaper.....i'm guessing scivation is primarily (if not entirely) whey concentrate. and concentrate does typically taste better.
    however, concentrate is inferior and cheaper than isolate.
    again, i'm only guessing here since i haven't seen a full product description from scivation.
    ON whey does have an excellent profile for a pure whey product.
  3. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,524
    Rep Power
    6519753
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    being that much cheaper.....i'm guessing scivation is primarily (if not entirely) whey concentrate. and concentrate does typically taste better.
    however, concentrate is inferior and cheaper than isolate.
    again, i'm only guessing here since i haven't seen a full product description from scivation.
    ON whey does have an excellent profile for a pure whey product.

    Inferior how?. Just because of the lactose and fat?.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Inferior how?. Just because of the lactose and fat?.
    yes.

    lol. ok, maybe inferior was a strong word choice. i'm fine with using concentrate.
    but for those who are lactose sensitive or concerned w/fat intake then knowing which one you are taking is important.
  5. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    yes.

    lol. ok, maybe inferior was a strong word choice. i'm fine with using concentrate.
    but for those who are lactose sensitive or concerned w/fat intake then knowing which one you are taking is important.

    If losing weight or gaining muscle is a concern then worrying about percentage of concentrate versus isolate, or a half gram of fat is irrelevent IMO.
  6. New Member
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    61.04%

    ON is my choice, Banana Cream tastes great mixed w/just water. I guess after all these years I'm still a newbie.
  7. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    ON is my choice, Banana Cream tastes great mixed w/just water. I guess after all these years I'm still a newbie.
    Nothing wrong with liking ON. Infact there is nothing wrong with liking anything...really. It's all subjective really.
  8. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17052
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    ON is my choice, Banana Cream tastes great mixed w/just water. I guess after all these years I'm still a newbie.

    Don't worry man. All you gotta do is switch to Scivation, and you'll be an instant pro.

    I switched from Newb ON to Scivation and gained 20 pounds of LBM in 14 days.
  9. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Don't worry man. All you gotta do is switch to Scivation, and you'll be an instant pro.

    I switched from Newb ON to Scivation and gained 20 pounds of LBM in 14 days.

    Smart move. Don't let me catching you using on again...
  10. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17052
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Smart move. Don't let me catching you using on again...
    Does Nelly use Scivation? Please advise.
  11. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Does Nelly use Scivation? Please advise.

    Yes, it's the only way he could have the body type that he has.
  12. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17052
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Yes, it's the only way he could have the body type that he has.
    Man... what I wouldn't give for a body like that.
  13. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    info from a scivation rep.........

    Our Whey is about 60/40 Concentrate to Isolate BUT the Concentrate is a very high grade and combined it is an 80% protein formula including flavors and everything else!
  14. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    info from a scivation rep.........
    Whoa Nelly.



    But seriously, I like it. It's cost effective and good quality which are the primary concerns with whey.
  15. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17052
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    info from a scivation rep.........

    I don't see why you're still hung up on this... ON is still for newbs.

    I actually started sprinkling Scivation on my nuts, and I put 30 pounds on my deadlift. F***in PRO baby!
  16. Banned
    BlackSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I think lots of guys when they first get into BBing get ON because of the heavy ass marketing that's done on it every were. BB.com is one example fcuking GNC is another. Nothing wrong with ON at all though. When I got back in the gym about 4 years ago, man that is the ONLY protein I drank for 3 years straight lol....Good blend, good flavors decent price why not??
    On that note Dymatize is some badass stuff to. The pina colada flavor is the Bomb snip snap!! lol
    EvoPro is still better though! Where the hell are all the votes fo dat shizz???
  17. Advanced Member
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    534
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

    Muscle Milk tastes the best but for the value.... Optimum Nutrition Chocolate is where it's at.
  18. Senior Member
    Manimalia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    818
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    ON is great whey. and it's cheap cheap cheap. i NEVER pay more than 35 bucks for a five pound tub. and it's got a great profile that's actually shown. pro complex (egg/whey) owns you, t-boner. heh heh!

    ON GOES "OVER THE TOP" OF IT ALL, BOYO!!!!!

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64B5aHnvdh8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  19. Senior Member
    Ziquor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    1377
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Muscle Milk tastes the best but for the value.... Optimum Nutrition Chocolate is where it's at.
    Musclemilk's a blend with a good bit of Casein. It tastes good because it's loaded with fat.
  20. Registered User
    rocketman123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    180
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

    the best


    Mod Edit: Don't Advertise!
  21. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    $60 for 10lbs,170 servings...........I think scivation has my business for my next protien order.I was thinking about going with dymatize elite whey.$35 for 5 lbs,but IDK now..........
  22. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If some of ya'll think the shipping is too much,you most likely need to change your shipping option.USPS can be the cheapest with small things,I believe just under $6 sometimes.I just bought a 5lb tub of elite whey and a bottle of hawthorn extract and the shipping was over $15 through usps.I changed it to home delivery for $6.Go to change adress I beleive,almost positive,and see what the cheapest option is when placing an order.
  23. Banned
    BlackSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Wink


    Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    If some of ya'll think the shipping is too much,you most likely need to change your shipping option.USPS can be the cheapest with small things,I believe just under $6 sometimes.I just bought a 5lb tub of elite whey and a bottle of hawthorn extract and the shipping was over $15 through usps.I changed it to home delivery for $6.Go to change adress I beleive,almost positive,and see what the cheapest option is when placing an order.
    It wont let me change my shipping method option. I've tried it a hundred times. It has to do with where you live......
  24. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    It wont let me change my shipping method option. I've tried it a hundred times. It has to do with where you live......
    Have you looked into it?Maybe contact NP if you haven't.I don't see why you couldn't change it.I mean usps and fed ex and all that go everywhere don't they?
  25. Banned
    BlackSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    Have you looked into it?Maybe contact NP if you haven't.I don't see why you couldn't change it.I mean usps and fed ex and all that go everywhere don't they?
    Yea they should. I have even PM'd a few guys around here asking WTF?? But it seems like others have the same problem too so IDK. I just order from other places on the heavy stuff. I still get what I can from here, I actually just placed a good sized order from NP last night......all pills cause of the shipping thing
  26. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Yea they should. I have even PM'd a few guys around here asking WTF?? But it seems like others have the same problem too so IDK. I just order from other places on the heavy stuff. I still get what I can from here, I actually just placed a good sized order from NP last night......all pills cause of the shipping thing
    Their is a thing somewhere at NP for any problems with orders.I have used it a couple times.They will email you an answer.
  27. Banned
    BlackSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    Their is a thing somewhere at NP for any problems with orders.I have used it a couple times.They will email you an answer.
    Sweet I'll have to do that bro. I have ordered like 4 times from them already and every time the same thing.
  28. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    blacksheep.....did customer service get you taken care of on the shipping selection?
    for future reference their email is Customerservice@nutraplanet.co m

    on the shipping, i always try to place fewer but larger orders during the year to take advantage of their free shipping on orders bigger than $199.
  29. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    blacksheep.....did customer service get you taken care of on the shipping selection?
    for future reference their email is Customerservice@nutraplanet.co m

    on the shipping, i always try to place fewer but larger orders during the year to take advantage of their free shipping on orders bigger than $199.
    Something has to be wrong there.Last I checked,people like fed ex go everywhere!I always try and buy several things at once atleast.As long as you don't go over 10lbs,shipping is $10 with fed ex home delivery in the US.But!If you get something small like a bottle of pillls or two,shipping can be like $5.95 with usps I believe.Not positive,but pretty sure it's just a hair cheaper sometimes.
  30. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1978
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    30.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    the shipping rate is a function of both weight and box size.

    the shipping rates posted on the NP site actually come directly from either USPS or FedEx. NP does not charge extra for shipping.
    it's just that the shipping rates continue to skyrocket!
  31. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.06%

    No wonder shipping is so costly now a days...****ing price of gas!!!!
  32. Elite Member
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17052
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    the shipping rate is a function of both weight and box size.

    I see that quality of woman and shipping rates have some tangible things in common!
  33. Banned
    pantera101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,312
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It says at NP that all orders under 10lbs through fed ex are $6.Then like 50cents for each aditional lb I believe.
  34. New Member
    Requisite 101's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

    Lean Dessert Vanilla

    Sooooo good.
  35. New Member
    geronimo542's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    115
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%

    idk i buy american whey its $58 for 10lbs and it taste damn good to me. I wish nutra carried it though...
  36. Senior Member
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1799
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    7.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    To name a couple, I consider the following 2 options a little better protein and much tastier. To each his own:

    1) Champion Nutrition Cookies-n-cream ($35 at several sites)
    2) ON (any flavor)($35 at several sites)


    For the record, the Champion nutrition is very, very, very tasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Thats what I use........
  37. Senior Member
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1799
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    7.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Geronimo..how good is this stuff? What flavor? I have seen some good sales, and have been hesitant to purchase a 10lber because i dont wanna be stuck with it if the taste sux

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo542 View Post
    idk i buy american whey its $58 for 10lbs and it taste damn good to me. I wish nutra carried it though...
  38. New Member
    geronimo542's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    115
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%

    idk personally i like my proteins a little on the sweeter side but thats just me and it mixes so easily and the taste to me is better than ON. ON no matter what flavor has some sort of taste that I cant describe but anyways its also $58-60 for the 10lbs i recommend you buy it its very good the only flavor I have had is the chocolate but I imagine they are all good
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Focus XT Now Available in 7 Amazing Tasting Flavors!
    By DBee in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 08:52 PM
  2. Protein brands and top flavors
    By crpav in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
  3. GOOD AUSTRALIAN brands (Creatine + whey)
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
  4. Protein: Has anyone tried these Brands/Flavors?
    By OCCFan023 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
  5. Best tasting whey protein you've had?
    By MarcoNJ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in