Diet for day of strongman competition

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
So, my friends have convinced me to do a local strongman competition. I have never done anything like this before. What would be a good diet the day before/day of competition?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
this sounds simple but...

unless you are concerned with specific weight classes and such, do not change a thing. in my experience, you should not change things especially training/dieting before a competition. do what you do, your body knows it best. do not forget to pack snacks, those things take awhile. i like to eat clif bars during my competitions.

good luck!

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I guess I should have included more details...

I am 29 years old
I have been training for 14+ years, and have competed in bench press competitions. I have never done an event like this though.
I am trying to stay in the LW catagory (under 200 lbs.).
My diet is currently EXTREMELY strict. No sugar, no simply carbs.

I weigh in the night before the competition, so I can pig out after weigh ins. Is there something I should load up on the night before? I have an idea that it might be a good idea to consume some simple sugars during the day, but am afraid of how I might react from going so long without sugars. Last time I had a high dose of sugar, I seriously **** myself.

Is there any supplements I might consider? Currently I take a multi, whey, creatine mono, powerful, yohimbine, and thats about it.

Any other ideas?
Sorry for the newb-type question.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I personally like the Clif bars because i dont get jacked up off of them. they taste decent and are "all natural."

I would consider adding some type of amino product during the day. I like using Scivation Xtend or Controlled Labs Purple Wrath. Beta-Alanine, taurine and such. Get a good nights sleep and try to be calm. :) (yeah right)

I also have weighed in the night before and it is tempting to gorge myself but i really dont get yolked. I wake up early, eat a wholesome breakfast and take sandwiches and clif bars with me. Along with my pill tackle box and shakers with the powders.