Interesting Prices of Food

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
I was bored, and computing costs of different various proteins, ONLY LEAN, and I figured you guys would like to look at this.

$25.00 Of Food- Primarily protein w/o TAX

3-4lbs of Bonless Chicken Breast
50z x 7 BCB's
3lbs 50z
$7.50 a package 7x43g = 301
~3 x 301 because of Tax = 903g of protein
for 25.00$

180eggs/18egg.per carton = 10 cartonsx 2.5 = $25.00
180 x 6 = 1080g of protein

2.2lbs of whey protein ->1scoop
33 servings x 24g which some r less = 792
33 x 20g = 660
$26.99

65 cents a can with Tuna sometimes specials
25/.65 =

38 x 33gprotein = 1254
$25.00

Not INCLUDING TAX But even still pretty interesting Showing that Whey you get the less of the protein yet you're paying more.

If you can bare the mass amount of eggs lol I'd do it, I plan to :p (Insert Heart attack in 8weeks)
:clap2:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Nice thought there. I stopped using whey as much as I used to, and opted for whole foods myself. One thing to consider in this thought process is that whey protein is more beneficial for Post Workout, as it has a higher Biological Value (higher amino concentration) than other proteins and is absorbed much quicker, both optimal for muscle recovery/building. To be honest, the only time I use my whey is PWO.

I like the "whey" you're thinking, though.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Haha Funny Joke, and Ya That i do agree with And Whey has some other Beneficial things, Like Immune System boosting and Anti-Cancer properties. But Im goto Dominicks today and buy like 100 Eggs lol

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I used to use whey alot more, but now I only throw some in my morning porridge, and some PWO only because I've got tons of it. It's a convenience thing, but I really prefer whole foods.

Eggs are awesome, I make some pretty massive omelets. I used to buy Omega -3 eggs, then I realized buying XL eggs from costco + NP Bulk Fishoil's was like 33% cheaper for me!

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Really costco is that much cheaper? I might have to trade in Dominicks ha

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Hahah Good Ole America... It's redic how supermarkets are setup to Basically "Kill" their consumers with their food products lol