- 06-20-2008, 09:23 PM
- 06-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Blended oats digest faster than whole oats. They have a higher glycemic index.
Quick oats digest faster than old fashioned oats.
06-20-2008, 10:06 PM
06-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah well, oats and oat bran may have a fairly high GI rating, but they also have actives like Beta Glucan that lowers blood sugar. I've known a couple of people who've tested BG levels after eating oat bran in particular and their BG levels DROPPED from fasting levels after eating raw oat bran, and the effect lasted.
It's not as simple as just GI, obviously. There are reasons why oats and oat bran are concidered somewhat anabolic.
Similar Forum Threads
- By dalejmurphy in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
- By tecfal103 in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:43 PM
- By NPursuit in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
- By belbs75 in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 05-24-2003, 04:26 AM
- By Supa Freek 420 in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:36 PM