Too much peanut butter?

matic22

Awards
I have a peanut butter addiction where i go through a whole jar in about 3-4days....the brand is jiffy reduced fat. is this beneficial or do i need to cut back?

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with a peanut butter addiction. In fact, I know just the product for you. (It's no coincidence thay my company makes this product.) Try a delicious, natural peanut butter, protein snack called Protein Recovery Balls....if you have an addiction, you might as well enjoy it. :)

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
You'd likely see greater benefits from switching to all natural peanut butter. Those hydrogenated oils have consequences.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Natty peanut butter is the only peanut butter i touch now a days. A lot better for you plus it tastes great! not tried almond butter yet, quite expensive here :(

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
almond oil is expensive here too something like $40. Adams natural Peanut butter is much healthier than Jiffy.. I honestly am in love with this stuff takes just as great

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Best Peanut butter to buy is called Naturally More; consists of peanuts, honey, wheat germ, cane sugar, and egg whites.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
almond oil is expensive here too something like $40. Adams natural Peanut butter is much healthier than Jiffy.. I honestly am in love with this stuff takes just as great
almond oil is cheap here, its the almond butter thats expensive and hard to find. Its always seems to come in a tiny jar. There both quite hard to find here actually. health food shop here has the natty almond butter and the supermarket gets the almond oil in now and again.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
natty pb is great to pound through on a bulk. bad to pound through on a cut. a few months ago I blame my slow progress in cutting solely to eating way too damn much pb. Everything else was perfect.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
natty pb is great to pound through on a bulk. bad to pound through on a cut. a few months ago I blame my slow progress in cutting solely to eating way too damn much pb. Everything else was perfect.
200g a day of natty peanut butter to little on a bulk you think?

FreakyStyley

FreakyStyley

Awards
Best Peanut butter to buy is called Naturally More; consists of peanuts, honey, wheat germ, cane sugar, and egg whites.
How is that better than most natty PB which is peanuts and salt?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does that cost? I buy Snaclite's PowerPB, which is peanuts, flax seed, flax oil, honey, wheat germ and egg white protein :) $19 for 4lbs, I eat about 8-10lbs a month :D

time lord

time lord

Awards
yowza!

What does that cost? I buy Snaclite's PowerPB, which is peanuts, flax seed, flax oil, honey, wheat germ and egg white protein :) $19 for 4lbs, I eat about 8-10lbs a month :D
you're getting fleeced my man... "naturally more" costs me $2.30/lb at the local wal-mart.

ingredients:roasted peanuts, wheat germ, flax seed, cane sugar, egg whites, honey, flaxseed oil...

its gots 169 cals per serving, 10g protein, and best of all 4.1g of omega 3's and 1.2g of omega 6...

time lord

time lord

Awards
actually upon looking at the label again i notice that the distributor of "naturally more" is SNAClite, LLC... weird, are they just remarketing the same stuff for the gym crowd as "power pb" and jacking the price?... dirty

looks like a serving of "power pb" is FOUR tbsp containing 10g omega3, 3g omega6, and 24g protein

compare with "naturally more" with a TWO tbsp serving size and it looks like the only edge "power pb" has is 1g more omega3 and 2g more protein per 2 tbsp... definately not worth paying three times the price imho...

lizzboss86

Awards
you should try smart balance peanutbutter...it's natural, so no hydrogenated oils. it isn't oily or gritty like some of the other natural peanutbutters, and it tastes great! also, it is cheap and you can find it in most grocery stores.

Medic

Medic

Awards
also has flax seeds which give it's "crunch" this stuff is great

Medic

Medic

Awards
you should try smart balance peanutbutter...it's natural, so no hydrogenated oils. it isn't oily or gritty like some of the other natural peanutbutters, and it tastes great! also, it is cheap and you can find it in most grocery stores.
I think smart balance is the worst peanut butter ive ever tried :sad: however, there light butter is quite amazing

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I use Meridian natural peanut butter. I buy the 1kg tubs :)

Just read an article saying "Natural peanut butter also has a shorter shelf life than the mass-market variety and needs to be refrigerated after opening."

On the tub i have it says nothing about putting it in the fridge. Should i start putting it in the fridge?

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
I have a peanut butter addiction where i go through a whole jar in about 3-4days....the brand is jiffy reduced fat. is this beneficial or do i need to cut back?
Are you seeing the results you are striving for?

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
I use Meridian natural peanut butter. I buy the 1kg tubs :)

Just read an article saying "Natural peanut butter also has a shorter shelf life than the mass-market variety and needs to be refrigerated after opening."

On the tub i have it says nothing about putting it in the fridge. Should i start putting it in the fridge?

Yeah i heard that too, and I always put mine in the fridge..I think after you mix the peanut butter and store in the fridge it doesnt get segmented(peanut oil,butter) plus i dig cold peanut butter