Eating fish

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
I am completely into eating fish or seafood at every meal. I think the protein from fish is more bioavailable and is leaner compared to other sources. However I am still worried about the mercury content? Is this a good practice. Are there any people here doing more or less the same?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Depends how much you eat really and if its like say all tuna or something. If its a huge variety of fish your eating it might not be so bad. I'm just guessing really, i'm also interested to see what other people say.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
White fish is awesome. I love it. However, I prefer to get my protein from a wide variety of sources, Meat, Fish, Fowl, Dairy, etc.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat chunk light instead of chunk white for tuna and, whenever possible, try to eat wild as opposed to farm-raised. Certain types of fishes (e.g. swordfish) have much higher mercury content within them.

That being said, if you are really concerned about the mercury content, then I would suggest a more modest approach to eating seafood. Instead of eating it at every meal, eat some other source of animal protein for 2-3 meals. This will not only diversify your AA consumption, but it will be a little easier on the wallet as well.

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
Most of the days I eat salmon and white tuna. I eat about 6 oz twice a day. Sometimes I also go with shrimp and scallops.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You couldn't pay me to eat fish.

fish oil caps ftw!!!!

MyUsername

MyUsername

Awards
i usually eat 2 meals of fish

1 of canned tuna

and

1 of orange roughy/just white fish.

it is an excellent source of protein if you're watching the calories but looking for protein instead of taking shakes.