Dymatize Cafe Mocha

spigot

spigot

Awards
I just got this protein and it tastes fine with non-fat milk, but I'm definetely a hot coffee kind of guy. I hate cold coffees, and I don't particularly like room-temp coffee.

Does anyone know of a good way to prepare Dymatize whey so that it's hot and more similar to regular hot coffee? With real coffee? Heated up in milk in the microwave? Any of these ideas compromise the integrity of the protein?

Edit: Maybe this should have gone in the recipe section?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what would happen to the protein if it was heated to the temperatures of hot coffee.

Depending on your protein intake, that would be a MONSTER coffee.

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

I do, however, have a pretty good recipe for a low-cal cafe mocha (even with the whip cream).

spigot

spigot

Awards
I don't know what would happen to the protein if it was heated to the temperatures of hot coffee.

Depending on your protein intake, that would be a MONSTER coffee.

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

I do, however, have a pretty good recipe for a low-cal cafe mocha (even with the whip cream).
Hopefully the protein doesn't behave like egg protein and coagulate in heat. I don't know if I'm the only person like this, but cold coffee to me is comparable to drinking hot water after a cardio session. It's just so much better with the correct temperature. Like eating cold scrambled eggs. Like cold oatmeal. Like hot soda.

Unfortunately with my Dymatize cafe mocha order I got some strawberry Syntha-6... Now I never want the Dymatize. It's like 5x better tasting than ice cream in nonfat milk.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
D00d dymatize cafe mocha is the shlt! It tastes amazing for the price. I can't answer your question about heating it up, though. I tried putting a scoop of it in my coffee once to see how it would taste and it wasn't so good. However, I didn't use any sweetener, milk, half-n-half, cream, or anything like that which probably would have made it taste a little better.

spigot

spigot

Awards
D00d dymatize cafe mocha is the shlt! It tastes amazing for the price. I can't answer your question about heating it up, though. I tried putting a scoop of it in my coffee once to see how it would taste and it wasn't so good. However, I didn't use any sweetener, milk, half-n-half, cream, or anything like that which probably would have made it taste a little better.
You use milk or water? I use milk and was expecting something really good but it's alright. Easily drinkable but not like really enjoyable. I'm thinking it's cause I'm not a cold coffee guy. I like black hot coffee and any cappuccino-type variants of coffee as long as its hot, including espresso shots.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I mix the protein in water. And I'll also take my coffee chilled sometimes so maybe that's why I'm so partial to this flavor.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
You use milk or water? I use milk and was expecting something really good but it's alright. Easily drinkable but not like really enjoyable. I'm thinking it's cause I'm not a cold coffee guy. I like black hot coffee and any cappuccino-type variants of coffee as long as its hot, including espresso shots.
Not a big fan of cold coffee either. I'll drink it sometimes.

After doing some reading, I came across a link that may be helpful. I didn't read through it all, but I skimmed across it. To me, at least, it appears that the only protein stable enough to be heated, is caseinate. Here is the link.

Protein functionality

There is a chart at the bottom of the article.

EDIT: SH!T man, I got that off of Ohio State's website. Oh well....GO BLUE!!!:frustrate:lol: