This has GOT TO stop!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. hows your magnesium:calcium ratio?

2. It seems like to me that your confusing your body with different energy sources. When you eat a lot of carbs and little fat your body becomes a carb burning machine and the enzymes to digest carbs and utilize them become dominant. Then when suddenly swith to low carb high fat, your body's like WTF?????? it's not prepared to handle the increased fat intake and lowered carb intake.

So you have to give it time to switch and become acustomed to the change. But when you constantly change energy sources, your constantly fugging up your body processes. The bloating most likely comes from complex carbs and it's fiber content sitting in you stomach and fermenting since you recently switched from fat the carb digesting enzymes are low.
    •   

3. I've had similar problems. After some research I found that most food starches cause gas (bloating) except for brown rice, so I removed all but brown rice and it almost immediately fixed the problem. The other adjustment was the addition of one serving of yogurt in the morning with breakfast. I figured I needed intestinal flora.

I hope that helps.

4. you sound like me before i knew i had celiac

5. Quote Originally Posted by arjun4 View Post
    you sound like me before i knew i had celiac
    holy crap, mayn! my moms and grams got that! that's what they said to me, too. but hey all, i'm quite alright now. i've adjusted and found that i feel all around better without much dairy and using beans as my main fuel source. i combine the beans with a bit of rice to make it complete. it's been nice so far. no issues as of late. and i plan on keeping it that way. thank you everyone for your input.

***i'd go to the doc, but i ain't got much $/no insurance. but there could be a chance that i have that.

6. yea Manimalia. I had the same problem. Eating my biggest meal before bed was a big mistake for me. Apples and beans are also my friends.

Something else I find extremely helpful are probiotics. You can get em dirt cheap at GNC. I kind of like the idea of millions of bacteria helping me digest all my food and get bigger,haha.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    holy crap, mayn! my moms and grams got that! that's what they said to me, too. but hey all, i'm quite alright now. i've adjusted and found that i feel all around better without much dairy and using beans as my main fuel source. i combine the beans with a bit of rice to make it complete. it's been nice so far. no issues as of late. and i plan on keeping it that way. thank you everyone for your input.

***i'd go to the doc, but i ain't got much $/no insurance. but there could be a chance that i have that.
    yup, its genetic. i bet 20$ you have it... i bet if you cut gluten out of your diet totally (wheat, barley, uncertified oats, etc) you would feel a world of difference.

you have any other stomach issues? issues with depression, fatigue, irritability, introversion?

8. One thing no one has mentioned is that it's best to start the day with the carb meals and wean down to no carbs except maybe a couple fibrous vege's with your last two-three meals.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Boyders View Post
    One thing no one has mentioned is that it's best to start the day with the carb meals and wean down to no carbs except maybe a couple fibrous vege's with your last two-three meals.
    that's cause it's common knowledge, but thanks for the refresher, m'man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by arjun4 View Post
    yup, its genetic. i bet 20$ you have it... i bet if you cut gluten out of your diet totally (wheat, barley, uncertified oats, etc) you would feel a world of difference.

you have any other stomach issues? issues with depression, fatigue, irritability, introversion?
    i've had a hell of a time losing weight. and as far as the other four you mentioned, i do feel those four quite often, however, i've figured out how to keep them under wraps through the use of my mind, though it could be something to do with the body (celiac, etc.). there's no way for me to know. but since i've been off of my usual carb sources and not stacking up on dairy, i feel great. my new daily diet is as follows:

230g pro/165g carb/72g fat = 2228 cals

3 eggs and 2 whites, 1 serving beans rice, veggies
    40, 40, 15

8 oz salmon salad(lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper,celery) with 1 tbsp. olive oil
    40, 5, 30

tuna can, 1 serving beans rice, veggies
    40, 50, 4

scoop protein with berries
    25, 10, 2
    scoop protein with 30g oats
    25, 30, 2

chicken breast with beans rice and broccoli
    40, 30,

3 whole eggs, veggies
    20, 14

*Supplementation: