How to Recomp?

iamhuge3

iamhuge3

Awards
Could someone explain to me what recomp is and how to do it?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
re·com·pose (rkm-pz)
tr.v. re·com·posed, re·com·pos·ing, re·com·pos·es
1. To compose again; reorganize or rearrange.
2. To restore to composure; calm.

Augenbrauezug

Awards
That was a smart ass comment... anyway.

I think a recompm is just when you 'recompose' your body. Like if you were bulking and had a layer of fat over your muscles, you would use some cutting problems and change your diet and add some cardio to 'recomp' your body and get lean.

Technically you could call both bulking and cutting recomping because in both cases you are changing your physical apperance.... then again I could be completely wrong.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
To me, a recomp (as far as anabolics go) refers to the use of anabolics with a clean diet, at about maintenance calories.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Recomping just means your adjusting your amount of fat mass to lean body mass.

Typically people who are recomping choose what is the more important goal for themselves (muscle gain or fat loss). Unlike a bulk or a cut which are directly aimed at one or the other, a recomp will be either just above or just below maintenance levels to get the best of both worlds (and the above or below will be dictated by your hierarchy of importance).

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Recomping just means your adjusting your amount of fat mass to lean body mass.

Typically people who are recomping choose what is the more important goal for themselves (muscle gain or fat loss). Unlike a bulk or a cut which are directly aimed at one or the other, a recomp will be either just above or just below maintenance levels to get the best of both worlds (and the above or below will be dictated by your hierarchy of importance).
Yep. Put another way it is keeping your same weight but trying to lose fat and build muscle (or the other way if you really wanted to do that).

This is really only productive for beginners or those using steroids.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Put another way it is keeping your same weight but trying to lose fat and build muscle (or the other way if you really wanted to do that).

This is really only productive for beginners or those using steroids.

Yea that is one amazingly tight rope to walk. Unless you are the definition of a mesomorph or have some outside help it can be very difficult to achieve efficiently.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A successful recomp once you have been training for a number of years is one of the most difficult things to accomplish. I have found that I do my best while I am attempting torecomp when I increase my kcals by about 200-300/day with 1-2 days of lowered carbs. I also make sure that I do cardio 3-4x/wk in addition to my lifting. Some supplements that I think are "must-use" while recomping are forskolin and BCAAs, while I personally recommend using either X Factor or Activate Xtreme in addition to these. DCP is also another solid choice for a recomp