Life Extension Mixed Tabs

1. Banned
    Answers

Life Extension Mixed Tabs

These seem to be the bentley of multi-vitamins. can anyone give me a review on this stuff. I realize they are expensive. are they really worth 60 bucks for a months supply? i was thinking about giving them a try just to see how a 60 dollar vitamin feels. feel free to discuss.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

overpriced, marketing goobly gook.
    IMO you cannot go wrong with the NOW brand.

The only product I like of theirs is the Super curcumin b/c it has the bioperine in it. I still think is expense and I do not want a membership.

If they just priced things without the membership I would probably try a little more of their products, as it is extensive. But you know how these "life extension" things are marketed; you do want to live a long time right? Well, then buy this, that, this, this that and that, and oh yea this, that and finally this that and this other thing. That will be $500 Mr. soon to be pissing out $450 worth of nonsense.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Without taking into consideration price, I thought the LEF mix was an excellent multi as it provides decent dosages of most of the nutrients at the suggested 9 pills per day. That said, I think I would need a 6-figure salary to truly justify its expense. IMO, you can do pretty well with a NOW or Nature Made or other quality multi.

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    These seem to be the bentley of multi-vitamins. can anyone give me a review on this stuff. I realize they are expensive. are they really worth 60 bucks for a months supply? i was thinking about giving them a try just to see how a 60 dollar vitamin feels. feel free to discuss.
    I take it every other day (I use AOR's Orthocore as well) and find it to be simply one of the best multi's available.

I buy mine for $49 a month which I don't feel is too high.

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StanChampion View Post
    overpriced, marketing goobly gook.
    IMO you cannot go wrong with the NOW brand.

The only product I like of theirs is the Super curcumin b/c it has the bioperine in it. I still think is expense and I do not want a membership.

If they just priced things without the membership I would probably try a little more of their products, as it is extensive. But you know how these "life extension" things are marketed; you do want to live a long time right? Well, then buy this, that, this, this that and that, and oh yea this, that and finally this that and this other thing. That will be $500 Mr. soon to be pissing out $450 worth of nonsense.
    LEF is a non profit org I don't think they over market themselves at all compared to most sports companies.

6. Board Sponsor
    Answers

LEF is a good brand albeit pricey. You aren't going to notice very much from any multi unless your diet is poor. Also most people use 6 caps of the LEF mix FWIW. It is one of the better formulated multis including reasonable amounts and forms shown to be bioavailable or eliciting effect. That said I'm not a fan of multis as they adopt the kitchen sink approach. Some ingredients are inevitably underdosed. Also vitamins and minerals will compete with one another for absorption so again this all in one approach fails. And some are better absorbed on a empty stomach while others with fat. I think you are better off with a b-Complex vit, a mixed tocopherol/tocotrienol vit e product, and mineral supp and lastly a Cholecalciterol/vitamin D product.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Life Extension And Antioxidants Do They Really Help
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
  2. Life Extension
    By radaruckus in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
  3. Life extension
    By Yagman in forum Nutraplanet