Healthy Snack Foods

Da BluFFa

Awards
Well i have a very strict diet. I eat 5-6 meals a day. I was just wondering what some healthy snack foods i can have that wont be considered cheat foods.. Lately the snacks i usually have are, 1 TBSP of Natural PB,1 cup of Dry Oats with a Natural Yogurt, certain protein bars, fruits and nuts. Does anyone know of any other particular snack foods i can eat between meals.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to make a meatloaf and freeze it. The best snack food I ever discovered. It's like protein bars but healthier ;) Take a slice and enjoy. Or you can make high protein/flax muffins.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You need to make a meatloaf and freeze it. The best snack food I ever discovered. It's like protein bars but healthier ;) Take a slice and enjoy. Or you can make high protein/flax muffins.

nice suggestions, steve. to the OP: it sounds like you have your fill of either sweet/fatty snacks and it sounds like you're wanting a good, healthy salty snack. i just had an idea.....

BLT DIP WITH TOASTED WHEAT BREAD TRIANGLES FOR DIPPING.

take 1/2 package of turkey bacon and cook it up, then cut it into little 1/4 inch squares....bits.
take one large tomato and cut it into little bits.
take 1/2 container of fat free mayo and pour it in a bowl and add in tomato and bacon.
take and add seasonings--------i bet garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, and a little bit of worchestire would be the shlt!
*then, toast up about half a loaf of bread and cut them shlts in half and half again, forming four triangles from each slice!

whatdy'a think? it's good protein, a healthy carb source, and a healthy veggie source all in one. plus it tastes like a food that we can't eat. but we can now, right?

Da BluFFa

Awards
hahahah thhanks all, this is amusing. Have never heard of either of steves or manimalia snack options. i appreciate it manimalia for breaking it down. steve, if it wasnt to much of a hassle, could you tell me how to bake the muffins, and the ingredients

mumbles12

Awards
What is natural PB?? how do you define natural peanut butter lol? im curious, I mean I know you can get organic but..

67nova

Awards
Beef jerky isnt bad with some cheedar cheese,but it depends on what your snack usally is(pro/cho/fat?)if more on the cho side then dry roasted soybeans has a mix of all macro's,rice cakes with jam/p/b,or just a whey shake with milk.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds like sex, noted for later tonight. Time to be the chef!

annielizstan

Awards
Whole grain and fiber, protein, and/or other nutrients that give them staying power.you feel like having something sweet, something cool and creamy, something crunchy, or something hot and filling.

blueice

Awards
Nuts like almonds are my favorites. These snack are a simple way of combating the compulsion of food cravings.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
What is natural PB?? how do you define natural peanut butter lol? im curious, I mean I know you can get organic but..
Natural peanut butter would non contain anything else in the ingredient listing besides peanuts, salt. If it contains palm oils or hydrogenated oils it is not considered natural. You should need to refrigerate real natural peanut butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Celery dipped in Franks Red Hot (AWESOME) or Splenda or Stevia
Sugar Free Jello
Olives stufed with either almonds, jalapenos, or garlic (DELICIOUS)
Dill Pickles
Oatmeal/Egg White Pancakes (you can use seasonings/flavor or protein powder to flavor) - Blend ingredients, cook on skillet or griddle and refrigerate for later time.

emersonkelly

Awards
Nuts, yogurt, fruits, pop corn are my favorite snacks.