Too many carbs?

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
I'm bulking right now and i never really counted all that i took in seeing as my metabolism is pretty damn high i was tried to eat as much healthy food as possible.

But i found out that i've been taking in 4000 calories consistently with 50 carbs 25 protein and 25 fats. Roughly of course. And so that's only about 250g protein. But i am making solid gains at about a pound a week. As long as it's working is that ok? what do you guys think?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
So 500 grams of carbs? Also how much do you weigh? Even if your at 200 lbs thats still 1.25 grams of protein per total pound of body weight which is a solid amount.

Thats not absurdly high at all. If its working and you are responding well in relation to your goals than keep at it.

Macros will differ from individual to individual.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use the mirror as your gauge. If you're adding too much adipose, then cut back on your kcals.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Yep 500 grams of carbs. I'm lookin pretty good i think. I've been like 5% bodyfat my whole life so i'm not used to it when i'm like 7-8% It's also frustrating when i get to 7 and 8% because i seem to store it in my stomach area even though i can still see my six pack but it's a little frustrating for me cause i can tell the difference and so can other people. So i was actually thinking about doing a cut. Not a big one by any means but just adding in some cardio. I was also looking into a pre workout supp, something to just boost my energy, burn off a little fat, and gain some muscle on the way. I've been tryin to read up on RPM, cause i've only heard great things, i'm a noob when it comes to supps though.

I'd be stacking with creatine mono, glutamine, multi's, and flax oil. As i said i'm kinda dumb in the supps area but i'm looking for something safe, fun to try, and also to help me out with those goals. Any help, should i just move this to the supps forum?

Oh and i'm right around 190 now. Hoping to be 190 solid in the morning by the end of this next week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A nice trick to do, even when bulking, is to have a low carb day every 4 days or so to change the bodies metabolism. Since you are coasting around at 500g/day, do a day where you eat around 250g. As a result, your body will store more glycogen the following day and this will also help to stave off some of the fat gain.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Oh sweet alright. My week looks like this

Mon-Chest (ant delts every other week, upper crossed pretty bad)
Tue-bi's abs
wed-legs
thur-tri's
fri-back, traps

Would you say do low carbs on certain days or just do it every four days?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh sweet alright. My week looks like this

Mon-Chest (ant delts every other week, upper crossed pretty bad)
Tue-bi's abs
wed-legs
thur-tri's
fri-back, traps

Would you say do low carbs on certain days or just do it every four days?
Maybe every Sunday and Thursday. Thursday's training is not as intense, so it wouldn't be too detrimental to performance. Boost your EFAs on these days as well.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
A nice trick to do, even when bulking, is to have a low carb day every 4 days or so to change the bodies metabolism. Since you are coasting around at 500g/day, do a day where you eat around 250g. As a result, your body will store more glycogen the following day and this will also help to stave off some of the fat gain.
Would that mean you make up that missing 1,000 calories from carbs up by eating more protein and fat?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would that mean you make up that missing 1,000 calories from carbs up by eating more protein and fat?
Not necessarily. A total caloric intake shift is the goal. He really should aim to eat at maintenance or slightly below for that day.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily. A total caloric intake shift is the goal. He really should aim to eat at maintenance or slightly below for that day.
Well I will be in the same situation this summer. My diet is 47%carbs, 29% protein and 24% fat. I think I will do this too. Right when I finished planning my diet I read this thread. Good timing I guess.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yep 500 grams of carbs. I'm lookin pretty good i think. I've been like 5% bodyfat my whole life so i'm not used to it when i'm like 7-8% It's also frustrating when i get to 7 and 8% because i seem to store it in my stomach area even though i can still see my six pack but it's a little frustrating for me cause i can tell the difference and so can other people. So i was actually thinking about doing a cut. Not a big one by any means but just adding in some cardio. I was also looking into a pre workout supp, something to just boost my energy, burn off a little fat, and gain some muscle on the way. I've been tryin to read up on RPM, cause i've only heard great things, i'm a noob when it comes to supps though.

I'd be stacking with creatine mono, glutamine, multi's, and flax oil. As i said i'm kinda dumb in the supps area but i'm looking for something safe, fun to try, and also to help me out with those goals. Any help, should i just move this to the supps forum?

Oh and i'm right around 190 now. Hoping to be 190 solid in the morning by the end of this next week.
OH no man! You shot up from 5% bodyfat to 7-8%? Dude, you're getting into the obesity zone... Cut back the carbs!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
it's not my fault god doesn't love you. I dont know what to tell you
'G'od with a capital 'G'. I guess he doesn't love a lot of the board then ;)

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
'G'od with a capital 'G'. I guess he doesn't love a lot of the board then ;)
Nah me and him are real tight so he doesn't mind if i spell his name with a lower case. We're not too formal with each other. I usually just call him G. I guess not, you guys need to just talk to him more often and you're fat will melt away haha. praying does wonders!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nah me and him are real tight so he doesn't mind if i spell his name with a lower case. We're not too formal with each other. I usually just call him G. I guess not, you guys need to just talk to him more often and you're fat will melt away haha. praying does wonders!
LOL! A bit conceded are we?

tattoopierced1

i eat around 700g of carbs per day and stay in the 10% BF range. Like stated above, use the mirror as your gauge, if you are putting on too much BF, then cut back.