Does anyone know a weight loss strategy???

Diamon

Awards
Hi, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this is getting to me. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting, I don’t seem to get any slimmer! There are many ways to lose weight, but I have exhausted all the ways I know. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn’t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!

ezza

Awards
  • Established
well actually there are only 2 ways to lose fat....eat less(that doesn't mean missing meals) and exercise more! I know it sounds too simple but it's true... changing your bad habbits are the hardest thing to do.... avoid all sugar, that means no soft drink, juice, ect.... also cut your carb intake at night time and increase your protein intake.... also at least do 3x 30mins cardio.... another thing.... when your weighing in... make sure u only do it once a week and make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of the day on each weigh in.... i like to weigh in before breakfast..

ezza

Awards
  • Established
**** all these fancy diets and complicated workout programs
stick to basic natural foods... and good old honest exercise... the best program is always one that you can stick to....don't even bother joining a gym either that can sometimes be so off putting for someone who has just started trying to get into shape ... the types of cardio i would suggest to someone starting of would be to ride a push bike or even walk.... walking and joggin basically burn the same amount of calories over the same distance..... In a nutshell if you want to lose fat and keep it off the only way you will succeed is by progressively changing your lifestyle...

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
sprinting is much better than medium paced jogging/walking at burning fat. carb cycling is also quite effective, or you could just go on a low carb diet. depending on your bf% i'd ease into a low carb diet as jumping right into a diet with like 200g per day will cause decent muscle loss. if you're simply overweight and just want to lose fat, period, then go low carb and do cardio 3-4 times per week. you could also add in some caffeine, ginseng, etc to speed up your metabolism a bit and increase your core body temperature. diet, cardio, and proper supplementation, will turn your body into a calorie burning machine. also, decrease carb intake throughout the day. you can eat a lot at breakfast, then lower the amount of carbs you take in each meal thereafter. eat little to no carbs before bed. eat a small meal every 2 hours, this will also speed up your metabolism. 6-7 meals per day is the norm.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
oh and i forgot, if you're not already doing it, LIFT WEIGHTS!!! it's fun, you will sculpt your body, get stronger, and feel better about yourslf in general. doing 12 reps or so and resting only 1 minute between exercises, keeps intensity high. this too will burn a decent amount of calories.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Basic weight loss strategy:

expend more energy(calories) than you intake.

There, problem solved. I know it sounds hard, but if you have honestly tried eating healthy, reducing your calories, and doing 45 minutes of medium intensity cardio for at least 3-4 days a week and AREN'T losing weight, well then you're just plain old fibbing ;).

:jaw:

ptdanny

Awards
Keep a food / workout journal for just a day or two and post it on here. I'm sure we can help find the problem and help motivate you.

Just write down what you ate, what time you ate, and how much.

Also put down your physical activities and workouts for the same info, time, exercise, and calories burned if available.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Basic weight loss strategy:

expend more energy(calories) than you intake.

There, problem solved. I know it sounds hard, but if you have honestly tried eating healthy, reducing your calories, and doing 45 minutes of medium intensity cardio for at least 3-4 days a week and AREN'T losing weight, well then you're just plain old fibbing ;).

:jaw:
Or he has some internal issues that need tending to and it would be wise for him to get bloodwork and possibly book an appointment with a nutritionist. He could also look into amino acid therapy if there are brain chemical imbalances at play.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Or he has some internal issues that need tending to and it would be wise for him to get bloodwork and possibly book an appointment with a nutritionist. He could also look into amino acid therapy if there are brain chemical imbalances at play.
or he is making up excuses (like many, even me when i was fat) and is just saying he is doing what he says it. Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. After I took a look at myself and what I was REALLY doing (along with a lot of other overweight people), if they really do what is required and stick to it, they will lose weight. No pill currently will do it for you (surgery yes, pill no).

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Diamon, you have one post.....did u use the "search" fxn? Recmomended.

Also, it says your 4'10", 79lbs. Is that for real? How old are you? M/F?