Healthy Fast food?

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
What would you guys consider being the healthiest fast food restaraunt??

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to have to say Subway. I try to stay away form fast food, but if i have to I do a chicken breast on whole wheat!:food:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the grilled chicken salad at chik-fil-is nice with no dressing

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
5$ FOOT LONGS!

Subway or comparable fast sub places are the only fast food places I will hit up.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Hell ya OCC, I've had a busy two week, and those 5 dolla foot long are the only thing between me and taco bell. LOL Na, I would never do that!

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Damn I'm dying to try that new southwest chicken form micky d's

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Wendys. Chicken breast sandwich, toss the bun. And a baked potato.

And subway, but for me that would be bulking only, to much bread. Unless you get double meat chicken breat, thats some good sh!t.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
na man but i was there for MR. Jay Cutler though..lol that was BA were you there?? im currently living in Great falls pretty close though.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
na man but i was there for MR. Jay Cutler though..lol that was BA were you there?? im currently living in Great falls pretty close though.
I live in Hamilton, when I heard pita pit i was like :jaw: AM is hitting close to home!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
ooo...but yea pita pit in da shizznit though..especially since im a bouncer and i get off at 230 am and it closes at 3am so i get to eat after work with my tip money lol

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Ya Pita Pit is the bomb! Damn I sure could go for some pizza hut stuffed crust!:pizza:

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
Damn I'm dying to try that new southwest chicken form micky d's
lol i tried it...meh its the same small ass cheeseburger bun with a better "quality" hunk of chicken on it w/ 2 pickles thats about it

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Im really waiting for The Energy Kitchen to grow and make it all he way out here to Cali. So far its only in NYC, and it says opening in jersey and boston this year... It looks really good though. If anyone is in NYC try it out and let me know.

Edit: It has to be one of the healthiest fast food joints ever though.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
Im really waiting for The Energy Kitchen to grow and make it all he way out here to Cali. So far its only in NYC, and it says opening in jersey and boston this year... It looks really good though. If anyone is in NYC try it out and let me know.

damn that menu looks hot...I smell a franchise opportunity :food:

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I looked at that, when you click on the menu for franchise it says that due to a large amount of requests they are no longer offering the program. lol

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I've been to that place and pump energy fitness while in NY (and since I'm in NJ would be thrilled if it branched out here soon).

Quality stuff and very tasty. They would have to be insanely cautious to where they branch out though, because the population that would enable profit is so slim.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established

That place looks like the bomb!:woohoo:

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
cool..thanks guys i may have to try out a lot of those items you guys mentioned..idk bout that southwest chicked from mickey d's...doesnt look to appetizing

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
cool..thanks guys i may have to try out a lot of those items you guys mentioned..idk bout that southwest chicked from mickey d's...doesnt look to appetizing
Oh dont get me wrong I wont eat it, just would LIKE to try it!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off McD's is just trying to copy those chic-fil-a sandwiches and i bet they aren't half as good.

I don't really try to eat fast food but the only one's i go to are wendy's and chic-fil-a(granted i hardly ever go like once a month if even that much)

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
chick-fil-a is only a south/east coast type deal right? I went to one when i was in Atl fantastic chicken sandwiches, but none over here in the west

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I've been to that place and pump energy fitness while in NY (and since I'm in NJ would be thrilled if it branched out here soon).

Quality stuff and very tasty. They would have to be insanely cautious to where they branch out though, because the population that would enable profit is so slim.
I know what you mean. I think it would def take someone that was willing to market the place right for it to be able to succeed. I think San Diego, CA would be a great spot. I knew more health conscious people down there than any other place Ive ever lived. (Except Okinawa Japan, but I didnt really know enough about their food and couldnt read their labels. haha.)

I would love to have a place like that within driving distance. Its a shame people like us are such a minority.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Panera Bread!!!!

I have a friend who owns a Subway. He does not eat the food and tells me not to eat it either. The turkey is mainly water and filled caragean (sp). Take a slice of their turkey and hold it up to a light, try and find the real turkey meat. The mostly opaque area that you see is the "glue" that is used to bind the turkey to the caragean and such, real nasty stuff. He also told me the wheat and white bread have sugar, HFCS in them and the roast beef is turkey based. Also, they hardly put much "meat" on the subs anyway. The chix is very highly processed and of low quality.

:sick:

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Panera Bread!!!!

I have a friend who owns a Subway. He does not eat the food and tells me not to eat it either. The turkey is mainly water and filled caragean (sp). Take a slice of their turkey and hold it up to a light, try and find the real turkey meat. The mostly opaque area that you see is the "glue" that is used to bind the turkey to the caragean and such, real nasty stuff. He also told me the wheat and white bread have sugar, HFCS in them and the roast beef is turkey based. Also, they hardly put much "meat" on the subs anyway. The chix is very highly processed and of low quality.

:sick:
Hey thanks bro, you just ruined my only sorce of fast food!:frustrate Na, but thanks for the info, that kinda changes thing a bit!

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
that 5 dollar footlong shyt isnt catchy anymore...its now just wrong..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
marketed right it could work in any major metropolitan area

wlois

Awards
definetly chick-fil-a, their chicken pieces are fried in peanut oil (better than other fast food places), and i reccomend the char-grill sandwich: comes with grilled chicken and lettuce on a wheat bun with no butter :dance:

superfalc

Awards
Arby's Market Fresh Wraps

h**p://***.arbys.com/nutrition/calculator.php

They're great, and seem to be as good as anything else.

ptdanny

Awards
yea stick with the grilled chicken and anywhere you can get wheat bread. Toss off the extras and junk and your good. Those are my fav healthy fast food cheat meals :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that sign for real? Wow, cows are really bad spellers, why did they have THEM painting their sign? That makes them look really bad.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that sign for real? Wow, cows are really bad spellers, why did they have THEM painting their sign? That makes them look really bad.
cheaper labor than mexicans

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
cows are on strike..tired of people eating burgers..wow i never saw this coming

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I want to know how they got the cows up there.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subway and arby's. if i go to jack in the box the chicken fajita pita is some healthy sh1t.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Pita Pit!!!
Subway!!!
Pack a Snack!!! lol.

I try to keep some food in the car so I dont have to go out to eat. I pack my lunch to work everyday and always eat before going out. But if I have to eat out its either at subway or a place similar to it.

Eating any greasy food just doesnt sit well with me knowing how hard I worked to get this far. It feels like im just putting the pounds right back on.

If you find any good fast food besides these be sure to post it and let us know!!!

Im interested in some alternatives!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
pistonpump,

what do you get at arby's?
I thought that most of their stuff on the menu wasnt very healthy at all....
just curious.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pistonpump,

what do you get at arby's?
I thought that most of their stuff on the menu wasnt very healthy at all....
just curious.
i have nothing im set to there but mostly the subs and salads. They dont have any burgers there so that keeps the fat down. I think all sandwiches are not fried so the only thing you worry about really is the fries and the soda. They have good salads there too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have nothing im set to there but mostly the subs and salads. They dont have any burgers there so that keeps the fat down. I think all sandwiches are not fried so the only thing you worry about really is the fries and the soda. They have good salads there too.
Might wanna reconsider that Arby's thing...pretty much their whole lineup is WAY worse that you think.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I was thinking....
I do love their curly fries but they are bad news for me and my metabolism.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well its better than mcdonalds or taco bell thats for sure...fast food really doesnt fit well with healthy anyway. Subway takes the cake then.