Healthy Fast food?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. maybe if they threw in an extra pickle..

2. Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    maybe if they threw in an extra pickle..
    They'll throw on and slice of a pickel, for like 75 cent!
    •   

3. First off McD's is just trying to copy those chic-fil-a sandwiches and i bet they aren't half as good.

I don't really try to eat fast food but the only one's i go to are wendy's and chic-fil-a(granted i hardly ever go like once a month if even that much)
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

4. chick-fil-a is only a south/east coast type deal right? I went to one when i was in Atl fantastic chicken sandwiches, but none over here in the west

5. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I've been to that place and pump energy fitness while in NY (and since I'm in NJ would be thrilled if it branched out here soon).

Quality stuff and very tasty. They would have to be insanely cautious to where they branch out though, because the population that would enable profit is so slim.
    I know what you mean. I think it would def take someone that was willing to market the place right for it to be able to succeed. I think San Diego, CA would be a great spot. I knew more health conscious people down there than any other place Ive ever lived. (Except Okinawa Japan, but I didnt really know enough about their food and couldnt read their labels. haha.)

I would love to have a place like that within driving distance. Its a shame people like us are such a minority.
    •   

6. Panera Bread!!!!

I have a friend who owns a Subway. He does not eat the food and tells me not to eat it either. The turkey is mainly water and filled caragean (sp). Take a slice of their turkey and hold it up to a light, try and find the real turkey meat. The mostly opaque area that you see is the "glue" that is used to bind the turkey to the caragean and such, real nasty stuff. He also told me the wheat and white bread have sugar, HFCS in them and the roast beef is turkey based. Also, they hardly put much "meat" on the subs anyway. The chix is very highly processed and of low quality.

7. Quote Originally Posted by StanChampion View Post
    Panera Bread!!!!

I have a friend who owns a Subway. He does not eat the food and tells me not to eat it either. The turkey is mainly water and filled caragean (sp). Take a slice of their turkey and hold it up to a light, try and find the real turkey meat. The mostly opaque area that you see is the "glue" that is used to bind the turkey to the caragean and such, real nasty stuff. He also told me the wheat and white bread have sugar, HFCS in them and the roast beef is turkey based. Also, they hardly put much "meat" on the subs anyway. The chix is very highly processed and of low quality.

Hey thanks bro, you just ruined my only sorce of fast food! Na, but thanks for the info, that kinda changes thing a bit!

8. that 5 dollar footlong shyt isnt catchy anymore...its now just wrong..

9. marketed right it could work in any major metropolitan area

10. definetly chick-fil-a, their chicken pieces are fried in peanut oil (better than other fast food places), and i reccomend the char-grill sandwich: comes with grilled chicken and lettuce on a wheat bun with no butter

11. WTF is Chic-fil-a?

12. Arby's Market Fresh Wraps

h**p://***.arbys.com/nutrition/calculator.php

They're great, and seem to be as good as anything else.

13. yea stick with the grilled chicken and anywhere you can get wheat bread. Toss off the extras and junk and your good. Those are my fav healthy fast food cheat meals

14. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    WTF is Chic-fil-a?

15. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Is that sign for real? Wow, cows are really bad spellers, why did they have THEM painting their sign? That makes them look really bad.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

16. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Is that sign for real? Wow, cows are really bad spellers, why did they have THEM painting their sign? That makes them look really bad.
    cheaper labor than mexicans

17. cows are on strike..tired of people eating burgers..wow i never saw this coming

18. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I want to know how they got the cows up there.

19. subway and arby's. if i go to jack in the box the chicken fajita pita is some healthy sh1t.

20. Pita Pit!!!
    Subway!!!
    Pack a Snack!!! lol.

I try to keep some food in the car so I dont have to go out to eat. I pack my lunch to work everyday and always eat before going out. But if I have to eat out its either at subway or a place similar to it.

Eating any greasy food just doesnt sit well with me knowing how hard I worked to get this far. It feels like im just putting the pounds right back on.

If you find any good fast food besides these be sure to post it and let us know!!!

Im interested in some alternatives!
    SFW and GFH

21. pistonpump,

what do you get at arby's?
    I thought that most of their stuff on the menu wasnt very healthy at all....
    just curious.
    SFW and GFH

22. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    pistonpump,

what do you get at arby's?
    I thought that most of their stuff on the menu wasnt very healthy at all....
    just curious.
    i have nothing im set to there but mostly the subs and salads. They dont have any burgers there so that keeps the fat down. I think all sandwiches are not fried so the only thing you worry about really is the fries and the soda. They have good salads there too.

23. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i have nothing im set to there but mostly the subs and salads. They dont have any burgers there so that keeps the fat down. I think all sandwiches are not fried so the only thing you worry about really is the fries and the soda. They have good salads there too.
    Might wanna reconsider that Arby's thing...pretty much their whole lineup is WAY worse that you think.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

24. Thats what I was thinking....
    I do love their curly fries but they are bad news for me and my metabolism.
    SFW and GFH

25. well its better than mcdonalds or taco bell thats for sure...fast food really doesnt fit well with healthy anyway. Subway takes the cake then.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. semi healthy fast food
    By charger71 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 01:49 PM
  2. this looks pretty decent for fast food
    By sweet-physique in forum Bulking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 08:51 AM
  3. The future of fast food
    By SJA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 10:07 AM
  4. Best fast-food for packin' on the pounds!!
    By bigpetefox in forum Bulking
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 03:27 PM
  5. fast food in hospitals
    By pudgy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 12:22 PM