How much Rest to take?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

How much Rest to take?

Right now i work out 4-5 days a week. 4 Days of weights with cardio and cardio on wednesday then i take off the weekends. When it comes to wednesday and the weekends, i feel lazy when im not lifting or running. I know i need to rest to recover but i cant help myself from wanting to train. Should i just be content and take those 2-3 days easy even if im trying to cut?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  173 lbs.

never any harm in adding light intensity weight training or cardio to your program. Just make sure you dont bust your ass every day every workout session and you'll be fine.
    When I get my work capacity high sometimes I will get in over 25 hours of various training every week.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    never any harm in adding light intensity weight training or cardio to your program. Just make sure you dont bust your ass every day every workout session and you'll be fine.
    When I get my work capacity high sometimes I will get in over 25 hours of various training every week.
    25 hours? You have to be out fighting crime man. The city of Gotham needs your services!
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakLifter View Post
    Right now i work out 4-5 days a week. 4 Days of weights with cardio and cardio on wednesday then i take off the weekends. When it comes to wednesday and the weekends, i feel lazy when im not lifting or running. I know i need to rest to recover but i cant help myself from wanting to train. Should i just be content and take those 2-3 days easy even if im trying to cut?
    I would recommend u doing a 4 day weight training split and do cardio on your days off...doing cardio and weight training on the same day can be very catabolic especially if your cardio is directly after your weight training...I know the magazine's may recommend it, but if your trying to build as much muscle as possible it is not a good idea. Do something like
    Monday:Chest & Triceps
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders & Biceps
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Cardio

I'd recommend no cardio the day after training legs so they can have at least 48 hours to recover. And be sure to get plenty of sleep...shoot for 9 hours a night.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

I would listen to ryan he speaks the truth, I used to hit the gym 5 times straight then wised up, i grew more when i did the split (2 days on, 1 day off) body needs to recuperate
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP Labs O-E-P...you've tried the rest, now buy the BEST
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 12:41 PM
  2. Rest Between Sets
    By jumpshot903 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
  3. what exactly is rest pause?
    By 1517 in forum Exercise Science