Green Veggies on the Anabolic Diet

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
For those of you who have tried out the anabolic diet, were green veggies like (spinach, brocolli, celery, cucumbers) counted within the 30 grams of carbs? I figured the since these foods are so high in fiber, these foods would be "free" carbs.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
No such thing as a free carb, with the exception of fiber, which you don't count. If you eat 4 lb's of brocolli and it yeilds 29 carbs after subracting fiber, then you just ate 29 carbs be it sugar or brocolli.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
right, so with green veggies u count carbs minus the fiber content??

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Net Carbs ( which you count ) = Total Carbs - Total Fiber

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
awesome thanks for clearing that up guys!

i'm gunna give the anabolic diet a try for a couple of months and see how i like it

i think it'll be good for me i have more of a meso-endo body type, i'm fairly sensitive to carbs

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
I have been on A.D since November and have used it to bulk and have been on my contest prep for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I love it! Never felt better! I always count carbs total. I don't mess with fiber subtracting.

PM if you have questions.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've also been on the anabolic diet.

2 day slower carb-ups seem to yeild more of a metabolic boost for the next 5 days when going low cal.

I can add 1 rep to any exersize if I have a 1500 calorie carb meal 2-3 hours prior to lifting, lol.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
do u guys carb up for 48 hours??? i was thinking of doing like 36 hours er less, do u guys have any order of carbs u consume first??? for example simple carbs first slowly change it over to more complex???

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I got real good results refeeding for 12 hours but I've been doing more like 48hr refeeds.

Pretty sure it depends on B/F% as well as how your body handles carbs.

I'd try 2-3 weeks with 48hr refeeds, then 2-3 weeks with 36, then 2-3 weeks of 24, and finally 2-3 weeks of 12 to see how your body reacts.