Kick me some knowledge, y'all!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I've got this diet I'm switching to, upping the cals a bit. You think this is a good foundation laid for packing on a bit more muscle?

50g pro/80g carbs/10g fat (1.5 scoops whey, 1.5 cup milk, 1 cup oats, 1 big apple)

40g pro/60g carbs/10g fat (8 oz. chicken, rice and beans, spinach)

PRE:25g pro/50g carbs (1 scoop protein, ½ cup oats, 1 banana)

50g pro/80g carbs/10g fat (8 oz lean meat, big potato or 2 servings pasta, broccoli)

40g pro/30g carbs/10g fat (6 oz lean meat, one serving beans, glass of milk)

40g pro/40g fat (4 whole eggs, 1.5 servings almonds, broccoli)

25g pro/20g fat (2/3 scoop pro, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 string cheese)

See anything that could use tweaking, so as to keep me all good? 3000 cals would be my maintenance, and adding in the 500 of course will leave some room to grow muscle. That'd be 2500 cals a week that can go toward building muscle. I heartell it takes around 1800 or something or other. So, hypothetically, I COULD put on 1.5 pounds of LBM with this diet and then as I gain add cals accordingly. I don't think I WILL put on all LBM, but I'll sure try like always.

Short story long, what y'all think, bros/sisters?:dance:

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Well it sounds pretty solid, you've got some great quality foods in there. If you know your maintenance is around 3000 than I'd say the extra 500 would be great to start out for the first few weeks. Then maybe add another 150-250 cals the next few weeks because if you've got a fast metabolism like I do your body will adapt the the increase in cals. Sounds pretty good though bro let us know how the gains go.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I like it sir. Especially your post workout concoction; can't go wrong with that setup.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
hells yeah, y'all! i was a bit concerned that my carbs were too high at certain meals. but heck, you gotta get em in, right?! i mean, i can't go eatin' 10 small meals a day. would be ideal, but i just can't do it. glad it's looking good to y'all so far! thank you!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I like it sir. Especially your post workout concoction; can't go wrong with that setup.
yep, i love the feeling of that dextose hitting the bloodstream! feels like victory every time!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Well it sounds pretty solid, you've got some great quality foods in there. If you know your maintenance is around 3000 than I'd say the extra 500 would be great to start out for the first few weeks. Then maybe add another 150-250 cals the next few weeks because if you've got a fast metabolism like I do your body will adapt the the increase in cals. Sounds pretty good though bro let us know how the gains go.
my metabolism could be better daydream. but i will certainly up the cals, tentatively around three to four weeks from this next week. i should be riding out fine with this til that long.

and i do appreciate you appreciating the foods i've chosen. i would LOVE to have more fruits/veggies in there, but man, i have a hard time time making the puzzle pieces fit sometimes, and oats/rice/beans/pasta are so convenient to portion. besides, i guess to many simple carbs is not great anyhow. but man, fruit is healthy like nobody's business.

thanks again, y'all!:clap2:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really doubt that you will need that much over maintenance unless you want to add a bunch of BF.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I really doubt that you will need that much over maintenance unless you want to add a bunch of BF.
Rodja, your answer is unsettling. You're like one of those guys in a horror movie that knows there's a monster in the next room, and you watch the hero enter it. And just as he closes the door, you say, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you." Why shouldn't I go into the room?! Tell me!

AKA, what would you suggest in terms of extra cals, 200-300?