hate to start a whole thread on this, but....

  1. hate to start a whole thread on this, but....


    do you think a particular kind of peanut butter can cause you acne? everytime i get the smuckers natural, i get some big pimples. usually three or so, on my back/face. what's up with that?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    do you think a particular kind of peanut butter can cause you acne? everytime i get the smuckers natural, i get some big pimples. usually three or so, on my back/face. what's up with that?
    From a specific brand like that, havent heard that before. I have a jar of Smucker's natty chunky, just peanuts and salt as ingredients....

  3. Unless it is some type of odd allergy from one brand or another (which is hard to believe since its only salt and peanuts right?), than no.

    Fat is a great tool to use to boost natural hormone levels that could potentially cause an increase in acne, but I am hesitant to say it would be so cut and dry like that.

    Just grab some clearasil and be on your way lol.
    •   
       


  4. Peanut butter is not intended for transdermal administration, and acne is only the first sign of trouble: I urgent advise you to stop trying to absorb the PB thru your skin!

    Cap it - it's safer.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Peanut butter is not intended for transdermal administration, and acne is only the first sign of trouble: I urgent advise you to stop trying to absorb the PB thru your skin!

    Cap it - it's safer.
    lol.

    Another sign of trouble is your dog is suddenly and uncontrollably infatuated with you.

  6. how oily is the smuckers natural? Maybe it happens to be more oily then other brands.

  7. If it happens everytime you use natty PB, it could be a test elevation due to the EFAs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. I've heard mixed reviews about food causing acne, especially greasy or fatty foods.

    I've been told by dermatologist and read many studies that say food has NO connection to acne, but have also heard personal accounts from people that think some foods make them break out more than usual.

    I think the chances of the PB causing anymore acne is very low, but maybe in certain cases possible. Acne mainly comes from stress, poor skincare, genetics, etc...

  9. do you have allergies to any other kind of nut, or soy? it could be trace elements of other foods, you know, the whole 'this was processed in a factory that also makes foods X & X' disclaimer.
    I use that same brand and the oil seems to separate pretty fast over time, try pouring some out before re-stirring it to lower the overall oil content. Like others have suggested, I can only think you respond well to fats as far as natural T production goes if it's not too much oil or allergies from trace food elements from the factory.

  10. wow this is an odd thread......I eat 2 peanut butter sandwiches everynight before bed(and usually a 1/2 gallon of skim w/ whey), and I can't say it causes any acne. Even if it did how the hell could I link it to a sandwich? Are u taking anything hormonal, or wait..what exactly are you taking supplement wise?

    edit: natty peanut butter is fukcing gross
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    wow this is an odd thread......I eat 2 peanut butter sandwiches everynight before bed(and usually a 1/2 gallon of skim w/ whey), and I can't say it causes any acne. Even if it did how the hell could I link it to a sandwich? Are u taking anything hormonal, or wait..what exactly are you taking supplement wise?

    edit: natty peanut butter is fukcing gross

    I eat tons of peanut butter every day sometimes several times a day- of course I eat the fitnutz powdered kind, but I agree with checking into what supplements it may be-
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HATE to start this again....
    By ProteinMurder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  2. The official I hate snow Thread
    By Ripped1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
  3. Cycle start, sickness start
    By Wolfe08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 12:22 AM
  4. WW7 thread "time to start riding a bike" - where?
    By JonesersRX7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
  5. Don't you hate it when...
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Log in
Log in