- 05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
- 05-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that if the per serving of trans fat is .4g or less, the company can list 0g as its trans fat content...
Anyway, drop the peter pan and jif, go with a natural pb. In other words, it should only state "peanuts, salt" as the ingredients unless its some special type like Power PB, etc.
05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Also note that trans-fats are naturally occuring in low amounts. I know on my bar of cheese, 30g has 0.3g of naturally occuring trans-fats, same with your beef. Due to labelling loopholes, I think the US may allow it to be labelled trans-fat free is <0.4, luckily Canada doesn't allow that anymore.
I 2nd the suggestion of Natural PB, you will adjust to the taste quite quickly. As a treat, I suggest cashew butter, or for a slightly cheaper alternative (yet still more than Natural PB) try almond butter.
05-06-2008, 10:39 PM
hydrogenated oils should be banned in the production of commercial foods.
anyway... i still live with my parents (im 17) and thats what they always buy. i like the taste of natty PB. The reason why she probably doesn't buy it is because when she does... its gone pretty quick
Thanks for the quick responses
05-09-2008, 03:48 AM
yeah they are pretty nasty.
Anything foreign to the body like the trans fats or man made fats cause total havok on the body.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Davidlee in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2009, 11:09 AM
- By DeerDeer in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 59Last Post: 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
- By wrkn4bigrmusles in forum General ChatReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:18 AM
- By DeerDeer in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
- By RenegadeRows in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 17Last Post: 09-30-2006, 05:28 PM