- 05-05-2008, 02:27 PM
i hit the gym in the morning b4 work and i normally i will eat a waffle or a bit of oatmeal before i go and then throw down a banana, quick carb, protein shake and some other form of fast acting carbs after the gym. my ? is this....i'm looking to cut carbs out of my diet for at least 4 out of the 7 days of the week and am concerned about having enough energy to workout and also function throughout the day, what other food do you guys (and gals if theres any) do you consume on low carbs days? I'm not so worried about lunch and dinner but early in the morning everything has been revolving around carbs, problem is that i don't have alot of time to cook a wide variation of eggs either. what would you suggest pre and post w.o. for someone who exercises in the morning??
- 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Don't be afraid to eat carbs in the morning, they are your fuel for the day. Just taper off through out the rest of the day. I also don't recommend cutting out that many days of carbs, but one solid day a week without works well because you use up your stores and start fresh. Quick carbs 1st thing in the day is good, but shoot for complex through out the rest. Here's a link to a post I made not to long ago. It's got some good gouge.
Fuel Talk Pt 1...Though I'd Share ThisADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
Strongest On The Market
RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
Similar Forum Threads
- By dez/null in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
- By jweave23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:21 PM
- By bpdaddy in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-19-2002, 11:00 AM
- By lbm4life in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-2002, 11:28 PM