Poll: How many grams of fiber do you get per day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

How many Grams of Fiber do you get per day?

1. How many Grams of Fiber do you get per day?

I am wondering how many grams of fiber other people get per day?. I seem to go kinda of high and I don't even supplement with fiber. Trying to eat more "good" carbs, I guess you can take it too far....For instance today I have only had 1400 calories but already I'm up to 21 grams of fiber!

2. UKStrength

I aim to get at least 40g per day, more if I can. I don't use fibre supplements either, just plenty of fruits and veggies!

It helps with bowel movements and keeps me filled up.
    •   

3. My staple foods are broccoli and oat bran and one of my favorite cheat foods is FiberOne Raisin Bran. I actually am having a hard time dosing my X-Factor for my current log with meals throughout the day because I am worried the fiber will absorb the EFA's in it. My bowel movements are on a great schedule though so I definitely think I will be keeping my high fiber ways.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

4. I as well try always to aim high around 30-40g a day. That seems to be the "sweet spot" in the morning. On days where I don't get that much fiber ill have a cup of metamucil. It seems that when I go any lower than 25g the quality suffers.

5. I've gone as high as 70grm for a week...after that, not over 40
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    My staple foods are broccoli and oat bran and one of my favorite cheat foods is FiberOne Raisin Bran. I actually am having a hard time dosing my X-Factor for my current log with meals throughout the day because I am worried the fiber will absorb the EFA's in it. My bowel movements are on a great schedule though so I definitely think I will be keeping my high fiber ways.
    P-Slin than two big bowls of Post Raisin Bran with bananas on top (and skim milk) is one of my favorite cheat meals or sometimes post workout meal to a lesser degree. So good.

7. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    P-Slin than two big bowls of Post Raisin Bran with bananas on top (and skim milk) is one of my favorite cheat meals or sometimes post workout meal to a lesser degree. So good.
    Haaha you call that a cheat meal?? Wonder what your regualr meals consist of lol, you must be pretty damn strict with the diet, I admire you.

8. 30-40. I really just aim to have 1g of fiber per 7-8g of carbs I eat, so the number can really vary depending on the day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 04:27 PM
  3. Fiber Damage/fiber Saturation Training
    By datBtrue in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
  4. 15 grams of BCAA = 15 grams of Protein???
    By iDShaDoW in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
  5. Grams Of Protein For Grams Of Carbs
    By bradhore in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:51 AM