Napping After Meals

Heavylron

Awards
was wondering if napping after meals would decrease fat loss? actually, its more like going back to sleep after breakfast for around an hour or so.. can anyone tell me more about this?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When you sleep you metabolic rate drops so yes it will hinder fat loss and assist in fat gain.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The idea of sleeping after meals is actually used by sumo wrestlers to gain weight, so I think it proves pretty effective for them lol.

ptdanny

Awards
pmiller took my example!

haha yeah thats why sumo wrestlers take long naps are their big meal.

Thats why they say don't go to bed within 2 hours after your last meal.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
ahah True Lifers! Busted.

Busting your balls. True life is one of the only passable MTV shows now that Rob and Big is over.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
was wondering if napping after meals would decrease fat loss?
who cares, sleep is the best thing is the world, i takes naps whenever possible. Most of the time i wake up refreshed and ready to go out and hit the gym. I your really worried about it you could always do some cardio after a good food nap :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was wondering if napping after meals would decrease fat loss? actually, its more like going back to sleep after breakfast for around an hour or so.. can anyone tell me more about this?
Depends what you've done BEFORE breakfast. If you've done resistance training before breakfast, then the sleep will help in the recovery process...Personally, I've never had any problems with a decrease in fat loss if I have a nap after eating, and I do it all the time! Actually, the MORE rest (and by rest, I don't mean AT NIGHT) I get, the more I notice fat loss when I'm trying to lean up (then again; I don't sleep a lot at night - usually, so my "naps" are like "catching-up" on sleep I should have had)...But yes, sleeping just after a meal will slow your metabolism, but it doesn't mean that fat loss will slow down...Guess it just depends on the person...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually take a nap 30 minutes or so after my post-WO meal.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Totally depends on how much you eat. If it's less than your BMR you will still burn fat when sleeping. If it's higher, you will build muscle/gain fat.