No/low Sodium Diet

asavage24

Awards
Hey guys,
Just wondering what kind of foods are acceptable to eat for a no/low sodium diet. im trying to lose some water weight and become more vascular and i hear this is the best way. im already boiling my chicken and cutting salt completely. what else should i do? egg whites? canned tuna?

Thanks

MB28

Awards
Exactly how long do you plan on following this "diet"?

Just look on the nutrition label in regards to how much sodium foods contain.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
You can salt load and then depleat, and get vascular for a few days.

Salt is supposedly anabolic.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
Just wondering what kind of foods are acceptable to eat for a no/low sodium diet. im trying to lose some water weight and become more vascular and i hear this is the best way. im already boiling my chicken and cutting salt completely. what else should i do? egg whites? canned tuna?

Thanks
Its much easier to eat a consistent amount of salt than to cut it. If you do that your body will get used to it, and rid itself of what it doesn't need, provided you drink plenty of H20. Cutting salt is possible, but virtually anything processed is loaded with salt, including tuna. To cut salt, you would have to drink only water, eat egg whites, brown rice and boiled chicken, blah. I need some flavor in my life.

ptdanny

Awards
its hard because sodium is in EVERYTHING it seems.

Some things are crazy high, but even things you wouldn't expect often have crazy amounts.

lector606

lector606

Awards
Dude, take it from someone who had a lot of salt-deficiency related side effects: you need salt. Especially if you're active. Don't try and cut it out.

If you want to look leaner drink more water and do more cardio man. Don't go crazy on salt but certainly don't cut it out either.

Ryan Leal

Ryan Leal

Awards
No Low Sodium Dieting

I agree you do need salt and it does work in your advantage if your trying to build muscle...sure it makes you retain water but remember over 70% of your hard earned muscle is water, so is this really a bad thing? No...sodium actually acts as a creatine in your body...which in turn draws water into your muscles to keep them well hydrated.

And remember u may never get that crazy vascular appearance that you are seeking...vascularity comes from genetics and/or low bodyfat...and some people with low bodyfat still aren't very vascular...but good luck.