Anabolic Diet and Staying Out of Ketosis

  1. Anabolic Diet and Staying Out of Ketosis


    I've been doing the anabolic diet for about a week after reading Di Pasquale's book and researching it on this site.

    I've been sticking to meats (cow, pig, chicken, eggs and fish), fats (fish oil, avacado, olive oil, sesathin, and meat fats), lots of raw spinach (which I thought would keep me out of ketosis).

    The problem is that I'm having is that I'm in ketosis. My wife keeps telling me my breath stinks.

    My questions are:

    1. How should I go about adding carbs to get out of ketosis?
    2. What kind of carbs do you guys recommend eating during low carb days.

    Thanks!


  2. Bump!

    What carbs do you guys eat on the Anabolic Diet during the week?

  3. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Bump!

    What carbs do you guys eat on the Anabolic Diet during the week?
    Whatever you want..

    I eat low carb tortillas mostly..
    •   
       


  4. I do broccoli and aparagus. All broccoli today.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    I do broccoli and aparagus. All broccoli today.
    Thanks for the responses.

    Does the broccoli keep you from going into ketosis?

  6. Are you eating ur full 30g of carbs a day?

  7. I am not very experienced with the Anabolic Diet yet but from what I understand, you want around 30 grams of carbs like impresiv6 said. This will help, he's got a bunch of stuff on there.


    101 Foods to Eat on The Anabolic Diet | StrongLifts.com

    First Week Experiences on The Anabolic Diet | StrongLifts.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Are you eating ur full 30g of carbs a day?
    No, closer to 15g carbs a day. I ate a piece of bread (15g carbs) this morning. Hopefully that does the trick.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    I am not very experienced with the Anabolic Diet yet but from what I understand, you want around 30 grams of carbs like impresiv6 said. This will help, he's got a bunch of stuff on there.


    101 Foods to Eat on The Anabolic Diet | StrongLifts.com

    First Week Experiences on The Anabolic Diet | StrongLifts.com
    Thanks for the great links Mach!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    No, closer to 15g carbs a day. I ate a piece of bread (15g carbs) this morning. Hopefully that does the trick.
    Start at 30g like outlined in the book for the first few weeks.. Once you know what your body reacts to, and how efficient you are at using fat for fuel, you may need to add more carbs, less carbs, or implement a carb spike mid week.

  11. Sounds good, will do.

  12. Yeah, just be sure to have them first thing in the morning for breakfast. Your body will use it as energy all day, and not store is as fat as it would later in the day. Also i would keep to the complex carbs.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ptdanny View Post
    Yeah, just be sure to have them first thing in the morning for breakfast. Your body will use it as energy all day, and not store is as fat as it would later in the day. Also i would keep to the complex carbs.
    Does that matter concerning ketosis? The whole idea behind the AD is that you're using fat for energy instead of carbs. Seems like spreading the 30 carbs out throughout the day would be the thing to do...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Does that matter concerning ketosis? The whole idea behind the AD is that you're using fat for energy instead of carbs. Seems like spreading the 30 carbs out throughout the day would be the thing to do...
    Ya, Do what works for YOU! You can eat the 30gs all in one meal, or spread out..

    I know for me, i usually eat my carbs in 2-3 meals spread throughout the day.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Thanks for the great links Mach!
    Hey, No problem. Glad to help.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. staying anabolic
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:25 AM
  2. staying anabolic
    By quakebks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
  3. Ketosis Diet and carbs
    By Vintastic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Anabolic Diet Questions ( General CKD / Ketosis )
    By proeliator in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:35 AM
  5. Ketosis diet, best? or is there better?
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Log in
Log in