Water or Soda?

Jurekdom

Awards
What do you think about the latest misinformation launched by main stream media to discredit the health and benefits of water?

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I haven't heard anything about water not being healthy. I heard that apparently water bottles will cause cancer and we're all gonna die, but that's about it.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
First-Anyone who discredits water's benefits is a tard. no if's and's or but's.

Second-Diet soda ok to curb the sweet tooth, not a replacement in terms of hydrating the body.

getb1g

Awards
I've stopped drinking soda a while ago. The only time I have it is if bottled water isn't available.. Other the that an occasional redbull.

Jurekdom

Awards
Thank you for your response.
You see we have a big problem because we are so used
to the Media manipulation with our brain. Therefore we
absorb any info given by them.
I invite you to visit this site Benefits of water
for independent information about benefits of water for our
health and body. Please read it, it's very interesting.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
that article is a sad one at best. I doubt anyone will listen to that nonsense.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First-Anyone who discredits water's benefits is a tard. no if's and's or but's.

Second-Diet soda ok to curb the sweet tooth, not a replacement in terms of hydrating the body.
Diet soda is worse than regular, unless it's sweetened with splenda or stevia or something.

ntrlmuscle

ntrlmuscle

Awards
Diet soda is worse than regular, unless it's sweetened with splenda or stevia or something.

RRRREEAAALLLLY? In your "expertise", please explain this....High Fructose Corn Syrup in large amounts(ie,40g in a single can of soda)has been PROVEN to be detrimental to one's health in both clinical studies AND in real world case studies whereas aspartame has not. Go on ahead and post your case....we anxiously await

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
This is stupid. Water is the king. I consume probably three gallons a day and I've never felt better.

Water, (real) green tea, and the occasional milk are the only things I drink anymore. Look at the average person who drinks only water compared to the person who drinks a lot of soda and I can bet you which one is in better shape.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
RRRREEAAALLLLY? In your "expertise", please explain this....High Fructose Corn Syrup in large amounts(ie,40g in a single can of soda)has been PROVEN to be detrimental to one's health in both clinical studies AND in real world case studies whereas aspartame has not. Go on ahead and post your case....we anxiously await
Lol, I don't condone drinking soda of any sort. I drink one maybe once a year if I'm forced to. I'm just saying I'd rather be fat than have brain tumors, headaches and carb cravings all the time.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is stupid. Water is the king. I consume probably three gallons a day and I've never felt better.

Water, (real) green tea, and the occasional milk are the only things I drink anymore. Look at the average person who drinks only water compared to the person who drinks a lot of soda and I can bet you which one is in better shape.
Water, (hot) green tea, and the extremely frequent milk are the only things I drink anymore. Every now and then if there's nothing else I have a Diet Rite with splenda, but that's pretty rare.

ntrlmuscle

ntrlmuscle

Awards
Lol, I don't condone drinking soda of any sort. I drink one maybe once a year if I'm forced to. I'm just saying I'd rather be fat than have brain tumors, headaches and carb cravings all the time.

OH...YOU dont condone drinking soda of any sort. What are your credentials again? oh, thats right, in the other thread you felt that having experience taking a wide array of drugs and knowing how they affected you qualifies you for dispensing advice...at the age of 17. Please post the studies backing up your claims on brain tumors,headaches and carb cravings.....i'm anxiously awaiting

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Aspartame

medicalnewstoday

Well this study from 07 indicates that aspartame is safe... Buuut...

"Aspartame: A Safety Evaluation Based on Current Use Levels, Regulations and Toxicological and Epidemiological Studies" was funded by unrestricted support from Ajinomoto Company, Inc."

And more research finds: "Ajinomoto Co Inc. to acquire full ownership of NutraSweet AG and Euro-Aspartame SA.
Zug, Switzerland - March 27, 2000"

I think there is a ton of information making a case for both sides of that argument, and nothing seems to be conclusive either way depending on what side of the fence the reader is on. But in my case, just the way the FDA refused to allow it for so long, and then all the shady personnel moves that happened right around the time it was actually approved, and the claimed negative sides being cited by people who have no affiliation or reasoning that I can see to be so against it for gain or profit, Ill stay away from it personally. Studies can be made to say anything, so if it seems that the company pimping it and the people in place to make billions of dollars because of it are putting in that much of an effort to dispel that big of a case against it by people with seemingly nothing to gain, im going to remain skeptical.

Bad News about products with Aspartame
Top Experts Expose Bogus 'Aspartame Is Safe' Study

Info just looks too corrupt to believe that its actually safe. But what do I know? I wont use it though.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
i'll take the studies done by the nci (national cancer institute, a .gov operated site)

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandA
* A study of about half a million people, published in 2006, compared people who drank aspartame-containing beverages with those who did not. Results of the study showed that increasing levels of consumption were not associated with any risk of lymphomas, leukemias, or brain cancers in men or women. (Question 2)

* Researchers examined the relationship between aspartame intake and 1,888 lymphomas or leukemias and 315 malignant brain cancers among the participants of the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study from 1995 until 2000. Development of these cancers was not associated with estimated aspartame consumption, refuting a recent animal study with positive findings for lymphomas and leukemias and also contradicting claims regarding brain cancer risk. (Questions 3 and 8)

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OH...YOU dont condone drinking soda of any sort. What are your credentials again? oh, thats right, in the other thread you felt that having experience taking a wide array of drugs and knowing how they affected you qualifies you for dispensing advice...at the age of 17. Please post the studies backing up your claims on brain tumors,headaches and carb cravings.....i'm anxiously awaiting
Sorry dude I didn't know you were in the aspartame business.
:think:
What's his problem?

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Sorry dude I didn't know you were in the aspartame business.
:think:
What's his problem?
well usually when making a broad statement like "diet soda is worse than regular soda" one questions why that is.

It's like saying eating triple whoopers with cheese is healthier than boneless chicken breasts and brown rice. It just doesn't make sense, and one questions your logic behind that assumption (be it articles or studies that prove the statement).

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well usually when making a broad statement like "diet soda is worse than regular soda" one questions why that is.

It's like saying eating triple whoopers with cheese is healthier than boneless chicken breasts and brown rice. It just doesn't make sense, and one questions your logic behind that assumption (be it articles or studies that prove the statement).
That would make sense if the person eating the triple whoppers had low cholesterol and hormone deficiencies. But the main reason I made that statement was from looking at the first like 8-10 links on a google search for 'aspartame'. That, and my parents' experiences with quitting aspartame and switching to splenda, and having lower appetite and more energy. But that last part is purely anecdotal so nevermind it.

Worst that can happen with sugary regular sodas is pretty predictable - increased fat and if overused chronically, type 2 diabetes. Oh, and calculus and tartar deposits if you're not a responsible brusher.
Lots of articles/studies/anecdotes/whatever basically portraying aspartame as satan's compound.

By the way, I'm a firm believer in broscience so I never cite or source "findings".

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
That would make sense if the person eating the triple whoppers had low cholesterol and hormone deficiencies. But the main reason I made that statement was from looking at the first like 8-10 links on a google search for 'aspartame'.
Because you should trust everything from a google search right?

Lots of articles/studies/anecdotes/whatever basically portraying aspartame as satan's compound.
Mind showing these "lots" of articles so I can pick them apart?

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Because you should trust everything from a google search right?

Mind showing these "lots" of articles so I can pick them apart?
Bro, google is gospel (it's only true if you BELIEVE it's true). And let's leave the research at school, forums are for half-informed opinion-sharing. I respect your ability to refute medical "findings" just like everyone can refute anything else pertaining to nutrition and medicine.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Bro, google is gospel (it's only true if you BELIEVE it's true). And let's leave the research at school, forums are for half-informed opinion-sharing. I respect your ability to refute medical "findings" just like everyone can refute anything else pertaining to nutrition and medicine.
Says that man that made a blanket wide asinine statement that
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Says that man that made a blanket wide asinine statement that

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Before I end thread, I'll just say I like how many of my supplements have a blaringly obvious "NO ASPARTAME" statement on the label. You know my opinion on the issue, and I know yours. I believe the thread has served its purpose as far as I'm concerned.