How you make ur protein shake?

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
Any one make any badass protein shakes? I watched this utube clip of this huge guy making his post work out shake and he had whey isolate 2 scoops, like a cup of rice milk, half a bowl of ice cream and some ice cubes. Looked good ima gonna make one of them when I buy some ice cream.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
16oz skim milk, 2 scoops cinnamon bun All the Whey WPI, 1/2 cup ground oats.

Simple and delicious.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops DYA pro peptide with cold water, 2 scoops of Xtend or bulk BCAA, and 1-2 scoops of Kwik Karb (nutraplanet). This is post workout.

The taste is OK, i'm sure it's no cinnamon bun or ice cream though :rofl:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skim Milk
Ice cubes
Chocolate Protien
1 Banana
Natural peanut butter.

Blend enjoy.

Adams

kholdstare

Awards
^^ Mines kinda similar:

1-2 scoops Whey Protien (chocolate)
1/2 banana
2 tbsp all natural peanut butter (chunky)
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup oats

blend and drink

One and Only

Awards
I use a scoop of MASS XXX 3 scoops of ice cream, Peanut butter, whole Milk and blue berries. Tast ****ing dynamic

Balanced1

Balanced1

Awards
Flavors: if chocolate, 2 scoops Bev. Intern. UMP, with 10 oz water and 4 ice cubes...
if peanut butter cup, then do same but add 1 tablespoon smart balance peanut butter with flax seed oil....Yum
If mocha, 1 1/2 scoops choc. Bev. Intern. Ump with 1/2 cup coffee and 1/4 cup water and some ice, blend.

If you have boring vanilla, I use 2 scoops vanilla UMP, and then i either mix 1 teaspoon instant sugar free jello, strawberry flavor, 4 frozen strawberrys and 12 oz water..
You can also try the Crystal Light powder flavors for tropical tastes....just to stop the boredom

Enjoy!!.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Ice cream in a post workout shake? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

My post workout shake is simple, 50 grams of whey and 1/2 cup of oats in water. Plus a banana on the side.

Cash

Awards
1-2scoop ON vanilla whey
1-2 bananas
oats
yogurt
peanut butter
cottage cheese
milk

This usually turns out to be a pretty big shake and i usually use it as a meal replacement in the morning or evening, if its after my workout or something ill stick to just the whey/oats/bananas/milk

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I would think the fat content of ice cream would be extremely negative to the results you're shooting for in the "anabolic window"

NYCmuscle

NYCmuscle

Awards
Any one make any badass protein shakes? I watched this utube clip of this huge guy making his post work out shake and he had whey isolate 2 scoops, like a cup of rice milk, half a bowl of ice cream and some ice cubes. Looked good ima gonna make one of them when I buy some ice cream.
The most amazing protein shake i ever had (good for dieting also)
MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE
-2 scoops of vanilla American whey
-1 tray of ice cubes
-1 scoop of organic peanut butter
-4 onces of almonds
-1/2 cup of oats
-pinch of instant coffee (optional if you like coffee)
-water

BLEND

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i'm thinkin the ice cream is more for glycogen as the simple sugars can be broken down and used quite quickly after a workout. just my guess.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I would imagine though that since your body completely absorbs anything taken in that time frame that the extremely high fat content would be negative. This is why it's been suggested time and time again to avoid fat in this time frame and focus on fast acting carbs and protein.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Oh i'm not arguing with you. i was just thinking that maybe that's what they were going for with the ice cream. who knows, maybe it's fat free. haha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
haha you could be right. I am having a shake right now that I just made after tennis practice that consists of :

1 scoop Nytrowhey Ultra Chocolate
1 tbsp natty pb
1 small banana
1 cup milk
6 ice cubs.

awesome.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Skim Milk
Ice cubes
Chocolate Protien
1 Banana
Natural peanut butter.

Blend enjoy.

Adams
Sounds tasty, i'll have to wait until the summer for a blender though.

2 scoops whey protein + ~16oz water is usually what I do

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha you could be right. I am having a shake right now that I just made after tennis practice that consists of :

1 scoop Nytrowhey Ultra Chocolate
1 tbsp natty pb
1 small banana
1 cup milk
6 ice cubs.

awesome.
Yup... thats the sweet stuff there.

Adams

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If I knew how amazing that combo would have been sooner, i'd have been making these for years, haha. My next test is going to be playing around with coffee granules, vanilla protein, blueberries, and organic yogurt.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
my favorite protein shake.

1 scoop protein (20g)
1 cup egg whites (25g)
1 cup water

blend and enjoy.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop vanilla protein
1 banana
4 frozen strawberries
And 2% milk

Gonna get some xtend or BCAA's as soon as I have extra money for supp

yeashescool

Awards
my favorite is my pre bed shake
8 oz milk'
1 scoop musclemilk
1 scoop on casein
1 tbsp flax
1 tbsp peanut butter

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
post workout shake
110gr waxy maize
65gr 100% pro amino whey
16oz of water

whenever shakes
40gr 100% pro amino whey
half cup raisin bran
tbsp 80% cocoa choc chips
30gr WMS

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
How ever you make your shake, I highly recommend either using a blender or blender bottle. Seems to make every shake taste a lot better, and least gives in a better texture.
Anyways heres my Postworkout Mix:
75%Whey
25%Casein
For a total of 30g whey and usually a bowl of oats.

During Workout:
BCAA's
Leucine
Hydro Whey - vanilla
50-60g Malto/Dextrose Mix
Crystal Light Lemonade

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flavors: if chocolate, 2 scoops Bev. Intern. UMP, with 10 oz water and 4 ice cubes...
if peanut butter cup, then do same but add 1 tablespoon smart balance peanut butter with flax seed oil....Yum
If mocha, 1 1/2 scoops choc. Bev. Intern. Ump with 1/2 cup coffee and 1/4 cup water and some ice, blend.

If you have boring vanilla, I use 2 scoops vanilla UMP, and then i either mix 1 teaspoon instant sugar free jello, strawberry flavor, 4 frozen strawberrys and 12 oz water..
You can also try the Crystal Light powder flavors for tropical tastes....just to stop the boredom

Enjoy!!.
u just use the jello powder? this is a new one to me thats interesting. try any other flavors?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
u just use the jello powder? this is a new one to me thats interesting. try any other flavors?
I make a protein pudding with the sugar free/fat free jello pudding and 2 scoops of Nytrowhey. It's out of this world good. I have made banana, chocolate, and pistacio and they were all awesome.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
How ever you make your shake, I highly recommend either using a blender or blender bottle. Seems to make every shake taste a lot better, and least gives in a better texture.
Anyways heres my Postworkout Mix:
75%Whey
25%Casein
For a total of 30g whey and usually a bowl of oats.

During Workout:
BCAA's
Leucine
Hydro Whey - vanilla
50-60g Malto/Dextrose Mix
Crystal Light Lemonade
**** YEAH ON THAT CRYSTAL LITE LEMONADE BRO! check out WalGreens brand called Wylers its a $1 for 8 packets vs Crystal Lite 4$ for 10.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
**** YEAH ON THAT CRYSTAL LITE LEMONADE BRO! check out WalGreens brand called Wylers its a $1 for 8 packets vs Crystal Lite 4$ for 10.
Trust me I am all over the wylers lol target, walmart, and aldi's all also have comparable items cheaper than crystal light

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Trust me I am all over the wylers lol target, walmart, and aldi's all also have comparable items cheaper than crystal light

ahaha! thats sick. Question. How much do you use daily? I know more could be worse but, I just throw in 7-8 packets in a gallon jug.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The ones i usually get from aldi's or target are made for two quarts of water and I usually use one of those a day. I also use two sticks in 28oz of water for my workout drink just because leucine is rough to cover up.

z06

z06

Awards
if you like the taste of creamsicles:

16oz Orange Gatorade
2 scoop Vanilla Whey

used to be my PWO shake of choice, but now I just stick with:

1-2 scoop whey
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup oats
2tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 banana (sometimes)