- 04-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I eat tuna a lot and people have been telling me lately that i should be careful b/c of the mercury content. after reading up on it i found out that the recommended amount is no more than 3 cans a week. needless to say i was way beyond this amount.
Anyways to my question-has anyone here had any issues/problems from eating a lot of tuna. also, do you think i should be worried if i was eating a can and sometimes two cans a day for a while??
- 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
There are also difference in content with which kind(albacore, chunk light, etc)
But to answer your questions, I've never seen anyone get mercury poisoning from canned tuna
check this link out
04-19-2008, 08:33 PM
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
04-20-2008, 12:08 PM
If you're really worried about mercury poisoning then consume an apple along with the tuna. Apple pectin is known to eliminate heavy metals from the body.
04-21-2008, 11:49 PM
04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By windwords7 in forum SupplementsReplies: 46Last Post: 01-04-2017, 03:01 AM
- By xcreed in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-13-2003, 10:12 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 11-04-2002, 01:39 AM
- By Sanosuke in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 10-29-2002, 10:22 AM
- By WYD02 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2002, 06:22 PM