Pre/Post Workout Meal - Controversial stuff

Heavylron

Awards
Considering I am on a cutting diet, could someone provide suggestions as to what I could possibly take for my pre/post workout meal? More so for the post workout meal since thats where all the controversy lies.

Current Meals:
Pre Workout:
Apples/Oranges (4/5 slices) <-- considering a change to oats/wholegrains
Whey Protein
1% Skimmed Milk

Post Workout:
Whey Protein
1% Skimmed Milk
Fruit Juice (inclusive of sugar & fructose)

Pre-Workout:
So this is what I am actually interested in. For some of the guides I have read, they advocate using fruits pre-workout as they help dilate the blood vessels as well as other benefits which i shall not delve into. However, they ARE high in fructose. Something which i do not really want. so i was considering swapping them with perhaps 2 slices of wholegrained bread. Opinions are very welcome :)

Post-Workout:
Now this is the tricky one. I have read through many many articles. Most of which recommend the use of High GI carbs to increase insulin levels which will in-turn up protein synthesis. However, in the recent posts/ articles i have been reading, there seems to be a change in thoughts as well as study results. And now it seems that low glycemic carbs would work just as well, if not better then intaking high GI carbs. I was therefore wondering if i should replace my fruit juice once again with 2 slices of whole grained bread/oats? Also, if i were to replace them with oats, was wondering if i could just add them into the shake without blending them into powder (im using instant quaker) and not throw up lol.

Long post but, i hope you guys take the time to read it and help me out. Thanks all in advance :D

ParaManiac

ParaManiac

Awards
Don't worry about GI rates,just get some protein and carbs in both pre and pwo for optimal effect.

I have oats and whey 90 mins preworkout and sweet potato and eggs (2 whole 5 whites) post.

This works well.

Heavylron

Awards
wow.thanks man. but if my pre-workout were to be about an hour and a half before my train, do u think i should swap my fruit for the slices of whole grained?