Anyone else having trouble with the Diet Tracker?

tmilam

Awards
I'm having a lot of problems with the diet tracker working like it is supposed to over the past couple of days. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, how can it be corrected?

jlphillips

jlphillips

Awards
I started having problems today as well. Doesnt matter if I'm using IE or Firefox...still having problems removing/changing items....didnt realize how much i depend on it until it stops working right...

gordi

gordi

Awards
I hope that someone can get it up and running soon, it's a really useful tool.

tmilam

Awards
still no worky!! I'm actually going to have to write this all down on paper.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I tried this out today and gave it a good ten minutes trial :) I think there are definite improvments needed.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just saw this thread, will look into the issues and fix them ASAP. Next time if you want us to see something right away send a PM or something, not a thread in the Nutrition forum. :)

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fixed! Please check it out and let me know if you have any more problems.

gordi

gordi

Awards
Thank you! Now I can get my diet back on track...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
ok how about a complete rewrite of the search algorithym? :p I typed in Rice I think it was a got a whole load of babyfood suggestions.....lol

I think if I put in ground beef in any order I should at least get all hits with entries that contain "beef & ground" in them :head:

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We found 127 results that matched "rice".

It only shows 15 results per page, you have to click through the pages to find what you need, or be more specific in your search. Every result it shows has the word rice in it's name.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I understand this maybe a little out of scope but the search sucks or at least the way it searches sucks. The problem is that when I put in "rice" the results that are in results 46 - 60 should be on page one. I mean really I'm not looking for babyfood WITH rice etc but most like rice. I am pretty sure you guys didn't program the search engine used for this so not much we can do about it.

If I enter 'Rice' the first entry returned should not be

Babyfood > jalepeno peppers and rice flavour

but

Rice

Rice > Long Grain > Raw

etc

I did some testing and it appears being much more specific is better.....or just browsing / custom. I guess the problem lies in single keyword searches. The reason this is a problem to me is because the engine makes me conform to it, not the other way round. It should serve me not, that I have to give it everything it needs before it will help me. Anyway....just my 2c

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll see what I can do, but remember, we're not Google. :) Will try my best. Relevancy is a matter of personal opinion. What may seem most relevant to you, may not be what seems most relevant to someone else. Granted, no one is probably looking for baby food containing rice when they search for rice, but you get my point.

I understand this maybe a little out of scope but the search sucks or at least the way it searches sucks. The problem is that when I put in "rice" the results that are in results 46 - 60 should be on page one. I mean really I'm not looking for babyfood WITH rice etc but most like rice. I am pretty sure you guys didn't program the search engine used for this so not much we can do about it.

If I enter 'Rice' the first entry returned should not be

Babyfood > jalepeno peppers and rice flavour

but

Rice

Rice > Long Grain > Raw

etc

anyhoo....just saying

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Try your search for rice again... That should be at least a LITTLE better / relevant. If I can get it any better, I will. But this should help a bit.

tmilam

Awards
Thanks Costanza. I understand that it would have been better to send you guys a pm instead of starting a thread in the nutrition forum and that's exactly what I did. I received no direct response from AM, but was thrilled to see you guys went the extra mile to get it running smoothly again as of today. Thanks, again.

gordi

gordi

Awards
Would it be possible to add in some current bodybuilding favourites like greens powder and various protein powders? I don't mind addding them as custom foods, it's fun and easy... but the system doesn't like it when I try to enter fractional amounts, and that makes it hard to enter some of the vitamin and mineral values and other details. Since this tracker will let me know about my vitamin intake, I'd be happy if it counted my greens.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Working on allowing fractional values, will update here when thats done!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
gordi

gordi

Awards
Working on allowing fractional values, will update here when thats done!

Thank you! That will make customising much easier.

Also, thank you for inventing the rubber band. Those really come in handy sometimes.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're slightly confused. We didn't invent the rubber band, it was the paper clip.

tmilam

Awards
Under the "contact us" heading. I sent a message, but didn't hear anything back. So I guess that I didn't pm anyone in particular--I just sent a message to the site.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Under the "contact us" heading. I sent a message, but didn't hear anything back. So I guess that I didn't pm anyone in particular--I just sent a message to the site.
Got it. Thanks. Looks like someone has been sleeping on the job cough*costanza*cough

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have been. I specifically penciled in between Section 5, Paragraph 6 and Paragraph 7 of my job description as Paragraph 6.5:

Costanza is allowed to sleep whenever he deems necessary, even if that means that work that needs to be done immediately needs to be postponed. It is also hereby noted that even during times which Costanza is sleeping on the job, he shall still be credited for "doing his job", as sleeping is hereby constituted as part of his "job". Thereby, the more that Costanza sleeps on the job, the better it shall be construed that he is doing said job.

That's what you get for not reading the fine print before you signed off on it. And if you try to change it on me now, I'll get Jackie Chiles on your ass so fast you won't know what hit you.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
UPDATE: You can enter fractional values for serving sizes now with use of decimal points, ie. 1.5 cups, 0.33 cups, etc. Please note the leading 0 on a less-than-1 entry. 0.5 will work, but .5 will not.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been. I specifically penciled in between Section 5, Paragraph 6 and Paragraph 7 of my job description as Paragraph 6.5:

Costanza is allowed to sleep whenever he deems necessary, even if that means that work that needs to be done immediately needs to be postponed. It is also hereby noted that even during times which Costanza is sleeping on the job, he shall still be credited for "doing his job", as sleeping is hereby constituted as part of his "job". Thereby, the more that Costanza sleeps on the job, the better it shall be construed that he is doing said job.

That's what you get for not reading the fine print before you signed off on it. And if you try to change it on me now, I'll get Jackie Chiles on your ass so fast you won't know what hit you.

Preposterous, egregious, outrageous!!!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If sleeping on the job does not fit, you must acquit!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good looking, on the fractions..

Where is Crazy Joe Divola? Or Fragile Frankie Murman?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: You can enter fractional values for serving sizes now with use of decimal points, ie. 1.5 cups, 0.33 cups, etc. Please note the leading 0 on a less-than-1 entry. 0.5 will work, but .5 will not.
You can code the board / tool to just take it into account no? When there is a . just to add a 0 in front of it etc...

gordi

gordi

Awards
sorry, double post. I will say that using the fractionals add a lot to the versatility of the tracker. I had one and a half avocados in my shake today... and I didn't have to figure out how much that was in grams! Pure luxury! I have been performing feats of diet tracking all morning.

Last edited:
gordi

gordi

Awards
Thank you VERY much.

I am sorry to keep complaining about this awesome free service, but I now seem to be having trouble with the Add Recent Food: drop-down. I add foods, but they don't get added to the drop-down... so that means I have to do a new search every time I add a food, even if I had the exact same thing yesterday. It's a mild inconvenience, but it obviously isn't going to stop me from using the tracker.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hmm, wierd. I just added something and it went right into the "Add Recent Food" drop down box. Are you trying to add a food that is already in the database or a custom food?

gordi

gordi

Awards
Hmm, wierd. I just added something and it went right into the "Add Recent Food" drop down box. Are you trying to add a food that is already in the database or a custom food?

Database stuff like tuna, cottage cheese, and apples. I'll send you a pm so we don't have to clog up this thread if it's just a problem that I'm having.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sure, that's fine... Shoot me a PM, but if anyone else reading this thread is having the same problem, please let me know!

gordi, we made quite a few changes to it over the past few days - if you're cookied to auto-login to AnabolicMinds, you could try logging out, closing your browser, clearing cache, then logging back in to make sure that you aren't using a cached copy of the application.

gordi

gordi

Awards
Sure, that's fine... Shoot me a PM, but if anyone else reading this thread is having the same problem, please let me know!

gordi, we made quite a few changes to it over the past few days - if you're cookied to auto-login to AnabolicMinds, you could try logging out, closing your browser, clearing cache, then logging back in to make sure that you aren't using a cached copy of the application.
That could very well be what's going on. I will give that a try.