Avoiding stretch marks?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Is this possible to avoid? I'm bulking fast and I don't want to get stretch marks so I figure bulk slowly to let my skin stretch slowly. Does this make sense?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are a few topicals out there to get rid of/mask the appearance of stretch marks. Cant remember the names off hand though....

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
They don't work. I think the only way to get rid of them is laser treatment.

virileman44

Awards
i was working out for spring break and got bad stretch marks on the front of my shoulders. as soon as i hit the beach and got tan... they went away, ....very odd

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
A tan masks stretch marks somewhat, but they are still there.

Surgery to cut away the skin, or lasers may remove them, but very very expensive.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
A tan masks stretch marks somewhat, but they are still there.

Surgery to cut away the skin, or lasers may remove them, but very very expensive.
Lol hilarious quote haha nelly type body haha what a loser

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Well, after my last bulk I got stretch marks somethin aweful. I heard cocoa butter and/or shea butter on the areas most likely to stretch pre-workout, and before bed really helps, so I'll see how it works with my current bulk.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I heard no creams work and that once you have it theres nothing you can do except laser. I don't have stretch marks but I decided to bulk just to add a few more pounds thats all and I don't want stretch marks as a consequence for a few extra pounds. But I will check out those links for general interest.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Well, after my last bulk I got stretch marks somethin aweful. I heard cocoa butter and/or shea butter on the areas most likely to stretch pre-workout, and before bed really helps, so I'll see how it works with my current bulk.
Man I am stretching all the time lol, does stretching prevent them? I know these are dumb questions and I can pretty much answer them myself but maybe there's something I am missing to the equation.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I don't think stretching would really help, because you're just stretching the muscles and joints by positioning. The skin is stretching because theres more mass under there than there was before, and the skin basically scars from almost breaking. (crude example, but close I believe)

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading that regardless of preventative lotions and creams, that stretch marks can occur as a result of a mineral deficiency. Also, I've read that they can be genetic. I don't have any sources to back this up however, I just remember it from past readings.

As far as post stretch mark therapy, I know lasers generally don't work. They are supposed to be more effective on "fresh" stretch marks (new, pinkish) and less effective on ones that have "healed" (after they turn white). When I was having a laser tattoo session at a laser surgeons office, I asked if they could hit a couple stretch marks with the laser (different laser than for tattoo removal). I just wanted to test it, so it was a smaller one (on bicep). It didn't even lessen it.

On the other hand, I've heard the Flawless cream from NutraPlanet has yielded good results. I've tried the Java Soap, and it may work for stretch marks, but it seemed to go really fast. In the small time I used it, I didn't notice anything (however it wasn't that long).

*Note* - Keep Java Bar Soap out of the soap dish and out of water. Big 'Duh' on my part.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I think flawless and Java Soap is your best bet for fading them. Also, if you get a tan at the same time, they'll be wayy harder to notice.