Grocery Shopping Tomorrow

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been keeping my diet on track, but cheated today and yesterday. I feel so guilty. It's time to buy some more groceries, so I'm getting back to sticking with my diet.

This is what I have so far:

bananas
oats
peanut butter
whole wheat/whole oat bread
frozen fruits
frozen vegetables
tuna
lean ground beef
fat-free cottage cheese
skim milk
orange juice
brown rice
whole wheat pasta
sugar-free Jello pudding mix (for shakes)
fat-free/low-fat yogurt

EDIT:
Mixed nuts
Olive oil
Eggs/egg whites

Any other suggestions? I'd really appreciate it. I don't wanna leave anything out and I'm willing to add plenty more to my list.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
looks decent:thumbsup: I would add some chicken breast in there though.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Everytime I go to the store I always get avocados for healthy fats and blueberries for a natural source of b-vitamins. Other than that your list looks about identical to mine.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only get fresh or frozen produce. I do have some blueberries, but I'll look into picking up a few avocados, too. How do those taste? I've never had them before. How do you prepare them yourself?

Everytime I go to the store I always get avocados for healthy fats and blueberries for a natural source of b-vitamins. Other than that your list looks about identical to mine.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Never had avos before,interesting, I eat them on omeletts, with salads or just scooped straight out of the skin theyre awesome tasting. Im amazed that youve never had them before. Im wondering howll youll like em.
EDIT: Make sure theyre ripe before you eat them, they should be semi soft when you squeeze them .

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I only get fresh or frozen produce. I do have some blueberries, but I'll look into picking up a few avocados, too. How do those taste? I've never had them before. How do you prepare them yourself?
As a kid I really liked eating them w/ sugar but since I learned that's a sin to your diet I like eating avocados w/ Italian salad dressing but you can eat them w/o anything once you develop the taste for it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd get some sweet potatoes to roast/make fries with.
I also love pea/lentil soup, but that might be your thing.

Fresh fruit and veggies have more benefits that many of us realize, so when you're out at the store I urge you to try and pick up a few fruits that you rarely eat or have been meaning to try. Perhaps a kiwi, or pomegranate, or get some grapes (frozen grapes are quite a fun treat!). Throw a little healthy variety into your diet!

brandoppsx

brandoppsx

Awards
I'd get some sweet potatoes to roast/make fries with.
I 100% agree on the sweet potatoes...I buy about 10 a week (that way I have 2 a day, one for lunch and one for dinner). I'm weird, I like to bake them (or microwave) and then mash them up with some Splenda and some cinnamon (when I have access to it).

Other than that you have a great looking grocery list there!

By the way, why do you feel so bad about cheating? There's nothing wrong with cheating here and there...Hell, I think I'd have lost my mind a long time ago :fool2: if I didn't do my weekly cheat...

:pizza:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I 100% agree on the sweet potatoes...I buy about 10 a week (that way I have 2 a day, one for lunch and one for dinner). I'm weird, I like to bake them (or microwave) and then mash them up with some Splenda and some cinnamon (when I have access to it).

Other than that you have a great looking grocery list there!

By the way, why do you feel so bad about cheating? There's nothing wrong with cheating here and there...Hell, I think I'd have lost my mind a long time ago :fool2: if I didn't do my weekly cheat...

:pizza:
I posted my favourite way of making sweet potatoes a while back (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/80563-sweet-potatoes.html#post1135324 ). Taste awesome, and sweet potato fries are great too.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Just throwin a few items out.If you have the $$ maybe pick up some shrimp and/or fish maybe some yogurt for probiotics. Protein is very important but don't skimp on the fruits and veggies. I like to snack on apples throughout the day, a bag of ab 10 macintoshs at Stop&Shop is only $2.50.Otherwise your list looks great. Don't feel bad about cheating once in a while, it keeps us sane, you don't want to deprive yourself totally.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
fat free cottage cheese and greek yogurt! the greek yogurt has a tart taste and is a gread dressing for sandwich meats.

About the avacados, I lived most of my life in california and now live in florida, and there are two different types popular here in the US.
The Hass avacado is most popular on the west coast. it's higher in fat, but they're good fats and they have a more solid texture. I prefer these. I can't remember the name of the ones here on the east coast, but they're more watery textured and have less fat. they're both good, but as far as just eating an avacado straight, with some salt/seasoning of choice, you want the hass.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What kind of honey do I wanna get; sugar-free, or is there something better?

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
get an all natural honey, don't worry about the sugar in it, it's perfect for you just the way nature made it.