Increase Calories

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I got my diet base of I think 3000 calories, all of it is whole foods with exception of a MRP here and there. Now when you want to increase your calories do you guys just add a few protein shakes(not just protein but a complete meal, pros/fat/carbs) or do you add more food? I don't want to add anymore food unless I have to but I think something like Muscle Milk shakes like twice a day added to your original diet would be good no? What do you guys think? Thanks :pizza:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well no matter what calorie level I am at it is distributed between 6 meals. I haven't gone much above 4000 calories in a while so it still breaks down nicely into six meals. If you don't want to add in any more food into the meals you already have set up (are you just not hungry enough to eat more or something else?) then just start making some custom homemade shakes that you could throw down in between your already in place meals.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Well no matter what calorie level I am at it is distributed between 6 meals. I haven't gone much above 4000 calories in a while so it still breaks down nicely into six meals. If you don't want to add in any more food into the meals you already have set up (are you just not hungry enough to eat more or something else?) then just start making some custom homemade shakes that you could throw down in between your already in place meals.
That's what I was going to do. I have my 6 meals a day and maybe throw in 2 shakes in between meals. I have a meal every 2-3 hrs and in between those add a shake twice a day. I'll give that a shot and monitor my body fat. Thanks for the input OCC.

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
I got my diet base of I think 3000 calories, all of it is whole foods with exception of a MRP here and there. Now when you want to increase your calories do you guys just add a few protein shakes(not just protein but a complete meal, pros/fat/carbs) or do you add more food? I don't want to add anymore food unless I have to but I think something like Muscle Milk shakes like twice a day added to your original diet would be good no? What do you guys think? Thanks :pizza:
i dont get to sit home or have 4-5meals a day ..so i load up on weighgainer .. i did try muscle juice and worked great for me ..taste & mixes easily as well .. i really dont see any harm in addin a protein/weigh drink

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
i dont get to sit home or have 4-5meals a day ..so i load up on weighgainer .. i did try muscle juice and worked great for me ..taste & mixes easily as well .. i really dont see any harm in addin a protein/weigh drink
Muscle juice? Will check it out thanks