dont say I didnt warn you...

getridofmytit

Awards
Im 5'11, 21, came down from 315 to 242. As you can see, these are current pictures from me and its quite embarassing to even be putting this up in the first place. I went from eating fast food multiple times a day and in large quantities. I now eat very well. No refined sugars, no white bread. Lots of tuna, cottage cheese, spinach, brown rice, chicken, milk, peanut buter, all the good stuff.

But I think the only strategy that I had in losing this weight was cutting out the fast food and switching to this type of food. Amongst that, working out 5 times a week, but then again, no specific strategy for that.

I need coaching: I need to know what I should do to get rid of all this upper body fat. I need to know how to exersize, what should I do for cardio? What specific "program" should I be following for eating? And the only supplements I used to get to this weight was CLA, green tea extract, fish oil, multi v, and thats it. Should I be taking a fat loss pill? Or other extracts, oils, herbs?

By the way, the collection of liqour in the back is attributed to my roommates, who were actually quite amused seeing me do jumping jacks without my shirt on last night. Which really motivates me to get things rolling and get rid of this disgusting fat.

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the loss so far man, I know EXACTLY how you feel, you just have to keep doing a solid workout routine with cardio while keeping your diet to keep the weight coming off. I feel the weight training is required because building up muscle helps fill the skin back up. Make sure you get vitamin E as well, it helps with skin elasticity.

MB

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
nice work on the 70+ lb drop!

are you tracking your total daily calorie intake and macro breakdown?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think from experience that at least at the start its easiest to move to a completely pre-set program. As you work more on it, and spend the time to learn more you can start to make changes. a good example is the Body For Life program. Body-for-LIFE

Another one that could work well are any of the variations on the Anabolic Diet - the Metabolic Diet, any of the ketogenic diets, etc. Low carb + carb tapering can be your friend. Its virtually impossible to add any fat to your body by just consuming protein and fats

getridofmytit

Awards
thanks a lot guys... i know i shouldnt be discouraged, but its hard to understand how I let myself get to this place. but its been a life changing experience getting down to this weight.

no, i dont keep track of my calories, nor do I eat a specific amount of protein/carbs/fats based on my weight. I think the first step for me was to try to ease myself out of my eating addiction and to learn how to eat the proper foods. I always knew what the right foods were, but I tricked myself and everyone into believing that I was eating right, when in fact, I was downing at least 5-6 LARGE meals a day, one or two of which were fast food combo meals.

So at this point I want to start journaling everything I eat/drink/ do for exersize, and thats why I was asking if there is some specific eating program I should follow. Ill look into the ones EasyEJL mentioned... i would also appreciate futher comments/advice/words of experience.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Im 5'11, 21, came down from 315 to 242. As you can see, these are current pictures from me and its quite embarassing to even be putting this up in the first place. I went from eating fast food multiple times a day and in large quantities. I now eat very well. No refined sugars, no white bread. Lots of tuna, cottage cheese, spinach, brown rice, chicken, milk, peanut buter, all the good stuff.

But I think the only strategy that I had in losing this weight was cutting out the fast food and switching to this type of food. Amongst that, working out 5 times a week, but then again, no specific strategy for that.

I need coaching: I need to know what I should do to get rid of all this upper body fat. I need to know how to exersize, what should I do for cardio? What specific "program" should I be following for eating? And the only supplements I used to get to this weight was CLA, green tea extract, fish oil, multi v, and thats it. Should I be taking a fat loss pill? Or other extracts, oils, herbs?

By the way, the collection of liqour in the back is attributed to my roommates, who were actually quite amused seeing me do jumping jacks without my shirt on last night. Which really motivates me to get things rolling and get rid of this disgusting fat.

I agree that Body-for-life could be a good option for you but also, because of the amount of weight you have lost and looking at your chest especially it looks like your going to need breast reduction surgery, to remove the glands, fat and excess skin.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
It is way too early to say that he will need that IMHO.

MB

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i'd continue to keep your diet as your focal point.

nothing can transform a physique faster or more dramatically than food - not even steroids!
and all the excersise in the world is pointless without the right diet.

i would recommend tracking your cal count and macros.
you can log your meals here at am.com or on fitday
it's a pain in the ass but well worth it.

this will give you a much better understanding of what you are currently doing and you will be able to experiment and track how your body reacts to different cal/macro levels.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First of all you are the man for getting to where you are right now.
You can't go wrong with the "Body For Life" book. A great recommendation.

It seems you looking from something concrete. Here is a guide Ask your doctor if this low carb diet will be ok for you.
DIET:

MEAL #1
4 whole Eggs (with 5 additional whites) - u may drink 7 egg whites and eat 3 egg yolks(cooked) or can have scramble

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 25g Whey Protein(1 scoop) with 1 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal" 7oz chicken with 1/3-cup RAW almonds, cashews or walnuts

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 25g Whey Protein(1 scoop) with 1 tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)
MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal" 7oz RED MEAT or salmon or Talipia (filet mignon, or top round cut) with a green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 25g Whey(1 scoop) with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

ONCE A WEEK...PREFERABLY SATURDAY..UR LAST MEAL CAN BE A CHEAT MEAL..U CAN DRINK EAT ANYTHING U WANT AND WHATEVER THE QUANTITY MAY BE
DONT CHEAT ON OTHER MEALS...DIET IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET CUT!!!

EXCERCISE:
Day 1:
Chest
3*10 flat bench press
3*10 incline bench press
3*15 incline flys

Back
3*10 Pullups/chinups
3*10 bentover barbell rows
2*15 behind the neck pull downs
Day 2

Triceps
3*12 close grip bench press
3*10 tricep push down
2*15 dumbbell kickback
Biceps
3*10 barbell curls
3*12 dumbbell curls on incline bench
3*10 preacher curls

Day 3 rest

Day 4
Legs
3*10 squats
3*10 leg extensions
3*10 leg curls

Day 5 rest

Repeat from day 1

Abs - any 3 days of the week
3*15 ab crunches
3*15 lying leg raise

ALL DAYS DO CARDIO IN THE MONRING - 30 MINUTES AT 3.5 MILES PER HOUR ON TREAD MILL - DONT MISS THIS..VERY IMPORTANT TO GET CUT

Guys feel free give input or add to the diet

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
i'd continue to keep your diet as your focal point.

nothing can transform a physique faster or more dramatically than food - not even steroids! and all the excersise in the world is pointless without the right diet.

i would recommend tracking your cal count and macros.
you can log your meals here at am.com or on fitday
it's a pain in the ass but well worth it.

this will give you a much better understanding of what you are currently doing and you will be able to experiment and track how your body reacts to different cal/macro levels.
Couldn't agree more!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats really amazing is that if you can get the anabolic diet "right", you really can loose fat while gaining muscle, and feel good at the same time, even managing to eat in restaurants.

getridofmytit

Awards
you all mentioned a lot of great things guys... thank you, and believe me, ill be posting some new pictures because of all your help very soon.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Good deal man, looking forward to seeing your progress.

MB